My first time in here

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first time on here and would appreciate some assistance if possible? I have followed the guidlines in relation to sending a letter to my Bank asking for a Data access request and have received a reply. This reply sent my cheque back saying they wouldnt charge me for this request, a schedule of charges is being prepaired and will be sent to me shortly.

The letter then goes on to say "As regards to maual intervention the Data Protection Act does not oblige the Bank tocomment about internal policies and procedures and that they dont hold information I have requested in a form that would be covered by the DPA. Whilst aggregated information is retaained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute "personal data" under the DPA and would not be covered by s.7 DPA subject access request. For the avoidance of doubt, the fact that we do not generally record information in a way such that is caught by the provisions on the DPA, is no way an admission that there was no mnual intervention.

Can anyone shed any light on thisd for me please? I'm not sure what to do next, is this a refusal and should this be taken further with them? Maybe this is just their way of saying that there has been no manual intervention but they are not admitting it?

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Nothing to worry about at all.

They are sending out your statements, but the paragraph about manual intervention essentially means that there was no manual intervention, but if they actually came out and said that, everyone would then know the letters and returned SO's, DD's, cheques, etc were totally automated and never in a month of sundays would they incurr charges of more than £1. So they cover themselves by saying they don't hold that information in a form covered by the Data Protection letter :D

Ditto.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I followed up my SAR on friday last week by ringing up. I spoke to a very nice lady who advised me that they were doing everything possible to assist me. However, they have a severe back log and this may take some time. She sounded a little flusterred when I kindly pointed ou that they had 40 days by law to respond regardless of how much a back log they had. Hopefully this might speed them up a little bit into some action? ( Still waiting for the statements though)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Good luck falcon, my 40 days expired on Sunday after i received the standard letter and returned cheque about 30 days go. Sent off chase up giving them 7 days or else today recorded.

Fingers crossed :D

You cant scare me Mr Bank manager i have children:shock:

Good luck Voddiemonster, keep a clear head though eh? ;) My 40 days doesnt expire till almost the end of this month but rest assured WOOLWICH we cummin' ta getcha!!

Hey Hey got home last night and the statements were there. Didn't have time to check to see if any were missing last night due to working late but the ball is rolling .................here comes my highlighter pen :grin:

You cant scare me Mr Bank manager i have children:shock:

Hey, thats great news Voddie,

shouldnt be too long now till you get your letter off asking for it back, if you need any more marker pens I got loads :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

got my statments today WOW!! They have charged me £5010.50 over the past six yrs. Not sure whehter I go to small claims on this one, would really love some input from someone, does this go to fast track? How do I go about it?

Prelim letter sent today they have 14 days to reply or its LBA next. I WANT MY MONEY!!!

Hi all,

got the standard letter today from Openplan re complaint?? I never complained to them I just TOLD them I want my money back. Anyway from the prelim letter they had till the 6th Sept to reply. They state that they will do everything they can to resolve the matter by 22nd Sept?? Having received this letter should I now go on to LBA giving them a further 14 days to resolve it? or do I wait until the original 14days have elapsed before sending the second one?

Thanks in advance :-D

hi falcon.

IM also going after the woolwich and with regards to your question as far as i have read you have to stick to your deadlines (your 14 days) by doing so if they were to take it into court(they havent yet) the judge would see that youve been flexible and given the bank ample time to respond to your request hope this clarifies things for you !

paddy

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Hi Paddy,

thanks for the info, hope all goes well for all of us who are challenging the weary Woolwich, for anyone battling banks too, that goes without saying :-D