buy as you view warranty and maintance cover

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i have a slight problem with buy as you view i first took out a tv with them 5 years ago and since then have had many electrical items from them i have recently found out that i have been paying for maintance cover and extra warranty..on looking at credit agreements i have signed for the warranty but really didnt read it or wasnt explained to me at all i remember he just put alittle cross where i had to sign and silly me just signed it..i tried to cancel the warranty on everything and maintance but they say i have to have house insurance to do this is this right? also i have noticed that evey time i have got something from them they have added it on to other purchases and calculated the interest on the whole amount making the interest much more..

sorry long post...

i am now refusing to pay can i do this? and also have no idea what route i need to go down i think i was miss sold warranty but as i say dont have a clue what rights i have any help thanks

Hi Nicole

I regularly help out on the BrightHouse Forums, and I know BAYV as they are a direct competitor to BH.

I need to ask a few people, but I am sure you can get out of these "optional" worthless warranties with not too much effort. Indeed There are even people on BH who have done this and have had all te money back too!

I am going to email this thread to a few people and between us we will help you.

Stay in touch

PJ

PlumberJon :-D

UNUS VIR OBVIAM ORBIS TERRARUM

Are you being harrassed by a DCA or Brighthouse. Click the link for OFT Debt collection guidelines. Chances are, they could be in breach of some part of sections 2 or 3 or both!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

I just give advice, I can't do it for you though!!

If you were helped, then please wiggle my scales, and you might get a wiggle back!!!

thank you, feel like such a fool for not reading the agreements properly but also i dont want to loose the goods i have recieved, in an ideal world i would like the money i have paid to be trasfered to my outstanding balance the warranty is alot £500 for my tv the tv is only worth alittle more than that

• 5 months later...

the warranties you can get out of if you can produce an upto date home contents policy simple as that .if u have home insurance u dont require warranty cover .yes a rip of but these type of companys pray on low paid vaunerable people.in fact the last dealing i had with them a week ago they seem to be like a version of brighthouse

• 1 year later...

I have reached an agreement with buy as you view and would like to thank all you guys for all your help and info and a note to anybody taking out hire purchase read your agreements carefully before you sign and keep records of all your payments