Parking Charge Notice from A S Securi-T Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I wonder if anyone can offer me some advice? I have had a quick browse of the forums but notice that the 'template letters' section of the site advises that you do not make the first contact with the private parking company. I wish I had seen this before....

I am a student (very very poor!) and I parked in Staples car park, Bristol, managed by A S Securi-T Ltd. I needed to return a DVD player to town, so that I had money to then spend in Staples...yes, the funds are that low!

On returning to Staples, I went straight to the store, to purchase a lens cleaner (I have the receipt). When I walked to the other side of the car park (hidden from the entrance of Staples), I saw I had a ticket on my car. My entire trip must have lasted no longer than 35 minutes!

I left Staples, thinking that if I contacted the company, I would not be required to pay the £70.50 they were requesting!!!

I wrote a letter, explaining the above to which they replied:

"- parking charge notice was issued for failure to comply with rules and regulations

- there are warning signs around site

- AS Securi-T has a signed contract to monitor the site

- You are not permitted to go elsewhere before or after having visited the car park provider's premises."

The actual parking charge notice states that Regulation Code 8 is:

"Did not use car park providers premises and went elsewhere at the time of issue of the charge".

Can I get out of this by the fact that I did not do both of these things?!

Please help!!

Easy.

• do not pay

• do not contact them again

ignore any further letters, no matter how threatening

• same applies for any powerless 'debt collector' letters

• they will give up and go away after 2, 3 or 4 letters.

You are not permitted to go elsewhere before or after having visited the car park provider's premises

I like this load of baloney. They sound like your mum.

I am just going to wait and see then...

Hi don’t pay the robbing $%$%….. I would think your next letter will be the same as the one below. This is the letter I received from them when I was at the stage you are at with them now.

sg4hzo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hi don’t pay the robbing $%$%….. I would think your next letter will be the same as the one below. This is the letter I received from them when I was at the stage you are at with them now.

sg4hzo.jpg

You were right....I have today received this exact letter. I intend to ignore it though!!!

A®S(e) Securi-T are well known on this forum. (See this thread for more info - its worth a trawl. )

You can safely ignore their drivel......

I take it that funds are so low you couldn't afford to pay the bandits charge at Cabot's Circus. Can't say I blame you.......:D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Timemaster,

I am advising you having had dealings with A.S.Securi-T myself. The drill is that they will send you one or two letters requesting payment, this will then be passed to their in-house 'debt-collectors' who will write a couple more letters to you. Eventually, they will probably forward to their solicitor who will write to you and then they will cave in and harrass someone else.

Each letter they write will become increasingly threatening and they will make threats of CCJ's, home visits and all sorts. The key thing to remember is that it is all hot air - none of it will ever materialise. Keep a sense of perspective, they are not going to go to great lengths for £94.00.

The very worst case scenario is that they file a claim in the county court. That said, you realistically have more chance of scoping the lottery jackpot. If this does happen then there are several strong legal arguments you can use to defeat them - all of which the CAG community will advise you of should you need.

What you must not do is engage with them, they are a questionable bunch at best. My advice is let them write to you and laugh at them. Just think how wound up you would get if you were trying to blag money out of someone and they kept ignoring you - it's the best way to get even within the realms of the law.

Above all, do not pay, infact do not even think about paying. They have no more legal power than you or I - if they tell you otherwise it is a criminal offence for which they can be reported to the Police.

I hope this helps you, you have the full support of the CAG community, if you need any further assistance then post back and I will do my best to answer.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

They have had some success in court before a few years back - only because the defendant didn't turn up. When faced with a defense they have chosen not to front up themselves.

That said they seem to be increasingly shy of court; probably because of the information on forums like this one.

A®S(e) T Security - I would ignore them and get on with my life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Pin1onu is right, where A.S.Securi-T have had success in the past it seems to have been down to the weakness of the defendant rather than their strength.

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

I have received a letter requestings £94, although I never had a ticket on my windscreen, so it came as a bit of a suprise. How are you guys getting on with just ignoring the letters?

Same here there was no ticket on my car… Although they have sent me a photo of my car with a ticket on it! I have not been ignoring them but replying asking for any proof they have that I owe this money. After a total of four letters from them looks like they have given up nothing from them for 3 months now…. If you do not reply, your next letter will be the 14 days notice to pay £174! If you do reply the next letter is your appeal has been rejected you must pay £94 even if you have not made an appeal! Whatever you do DO NOT PAY they will give up and go away.

Cheers guys thanks for your help, I will let you all know how I get on. I have requested photgraphic evidence after phoning them up. I also asked how they prove that I was not in staples? The woman said they put it out over the tanoy in the store - not the most concrete of evidence. . . I take it if they do not provide photographic evidence they would have no leg to stand on?

I also asked how they prove that I was not in staples? The woman said they put it out over the tanoy in the store - not the most concrete of evidence. . . I take it if they do not provide photographic evidence they would have no leg to stand on?

Dude, they haven't got a leg stand even if they do provide a photo of your car. If I was a judge and heard that argument - the defendant was not in Staples because he did not respond to a tanoy announcement - I think I would probably p**s myself. Even asking for a photo is wasting time, unless you are like me - I go through the motions to wind them up. I love them thinking that they have a chance of getting money from me when really they haven't at all - its hilarious.

Seriously, cease all further contact - this wont go to court so you don't need to go through the motions. They have no legal basis to prove that you were not in Staples - forget them they're stupid.

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Cheers guys thanks for your help, I will let you all know how I get on. I have requested photgraphic evidence after phoning them up. I also asked how they prove that I was not in staples? The woman said they put it out over the tanoy in the store - not the most concrete of evidence. . . I take it if they do not provide photographic evidence they would have no leg to stand on?

If you want this to go away asap, then STOP playing their game and pandering to their ego.

IGNORE THEM.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Please note Timemaster, we are not advising you to do anything we have not or would not do ourselves - I can assure you.

TFT

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

I have recieved this email today (see below), thanking me for a letter, I didnt actually write any letter nor did I have a ticket on my windscreen although I suspect they take this off after photographing it to get the full wack from you. Its so wrong how they must frighten money out of people!!

I thank you for your letter.

The Parking Charge Notice V6029768 was issued for failing to comply with the rules and regulations governing the parking on the Private Property,known as Staples Bristol. .

There are warning signs all around the site, which clearly state the rules and regulations and consequences if they are breached.

AS Securi-T does have a signed contract from the Landowners & their agent appointing the company to monitor the site.

The Data Protection Act does not allow me to release this information, however, I will produce this information in court.

You are not permitted to go elsewhere before or after having visited the car park provider’s premises.

Your appeal is unsuccessful, consequently, you are requested to send your cheque for £94.00 to the address shown below,

quoting your PCN on the back, or telephone 0871 265 7219 to pay by credit/debit or switch card no later than 17th March 2009.

If payment is received in full on/or by the said date then no further action will be taken, however,

if your payment remains unpaid after the due date, I will forward your file to our collection department.

Yours sincerely

Appeals Liaison Team

I have recieved this email today (see below), thanking me for a letter, I didnt actually write any letter nor did I have a ticket on my windscreen although I suspect they take this off after photographing it to get the full wack from you. Its so wrong how they must frighten money out of people!!

I thank you for your letter.

The Parking Charge Notice was issued for failing to comply with the rules and regulations governing the parking on the Private Property,known as Staples Bristol. .

There are warning signs all around the site, which clearly state the rules and regulations and consequences if they are breached.

AS Securi-T does have a signed contract from the Landowners & their agent appointing the company to monitor the site.

The Data Protection Act does not allow me to release this information, however, I will produce this information in court.

You are not permitted to go elsewhere before or after having visited the car park provider’s premises.

Your appeal is unsuccessful, consequently, you are requested to send your cheque for £94.00 to the address shown below,

quoting your PCN on the back, or telephone 0871 265 7219 to pay by credit/debit or switch card no later than 17th March 2009.

If payment is received in full on/or by the said date then no further action will be taken, however,

if your payment remains unpaid after the due date, I will forward your file to our collection department.

Yours sincerely

Appeals Liaison Team

This is a standard template letter they send out, I have had one myself. I would strongly urge you to remove the ticket number as that is sufficient to identify you. In principle it is more nonsense, particularly that bit about the contract with the landowner - just there to give it a level of false authority - as advised, please continue to ignore.

TFT