leehind

Urgent Help Needed - Banks new Push

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4740 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

ive Just calmed down, but thought i better tell you all.

Had a phone call today from Royal bank of scotland over my Credit card. I am £185 in arrears and they said i must make a payment today. I said i was skint but i could make one payment at the end of this and another at the end of next to pay the arrears. He then said what about the £500 you have in your Halifax bank account!!!!!!!!!! i was gob smacked didnt realise he could access this info!!!! told him was he in the right to go into my account details and he said he was! said if i didnt pay him the £185 today he could freeze my Halifax current account until the arrears where paid! which would have left me with no money at all! so i had no choice but to let him take the £185 from my halifax account!

Am gutted, leaves me very short! just £300 quid for bills/food for the next 4 weeks!

cheers RBS/Halifax

Are they in the right to do this? thought RBS and halifax were two different groups???

Help

Lee

Are you sure it's the Royal Bank of Scotland and not the Bank of Scotland or HBOS as they now style themselves?

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

As far as I know, RBoS shouldn't have the power to do that to a Halifax account. besides they can't force you to make a payment to the detriment of other payments. such as food and bills.

seems weird to me....

BoS:- D P A sent 09/06 Prelim. request 29/06 £1755 plus interest

1st claim Filed 5/10/06 SETTLED 19/10 £747.80 plus £534.31 interest

Edited

Telewest v RBS

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/61214-telewest-rbs.html[/url]

Telewest v A&L

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester/61215-telwest-l.html[/url]

Telewest v Halifax

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/63775-telewest-halifax.html[/url]

If I've helped - hit the scales and rate me!

Lee,

did you check whether it was a card with HBOS or RBS? It would make more sense if it were HBOS, but if not then don't let them scare you, keep paying them something, even if it is a small amount and make sure if they do owe you anything then they make the check payable to you so that when you make a subsequent credit it counts as a payment (thereby keeping the wolves from the doors for a little while) and not a refund/goodwill gesture which will reduce your balance but little else!;-)

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool: