Urgent advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there

My car went into the garage on Tuesday for a replacement clutch and associated work. My initial quote was £250. Upon inspection I was quoted £333 which I sanctioned them to do.

I called them tonight to confirm it was ready for collection tomorrow (need it urgently for work on Monday) and confirm the cost. They said it was ready and that the total was £388.

I queried where the extra £55 had come from as I hadn't given permission over £333 but he couldn't say as he didn't do the work.

I'm going in first thing tomorrow as I need it back, but where do I stand in regard to refusing to pay the extra £55?

Many thanks for your time and consideration

Nicky

x

I believe there is a difference between a quote and an estimate, for obvious reasons but as you have said a quote then i would say that the £333 is all you should pay. Having said that, i take it that they only 'quoted' verbally and it wasn't in writing? If so, then without witnesses to that conversation i would say you would be hard pressed to take the matter further (Court for example or Trading Standards), put it down to experience and simply never take your car to that garage again in future. Just my opinion. :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Ah well done! Nice! :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

good result. Sometimes it just takes a little polite chat.;)

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!