Green Giant (Dazed and Confused) vs The Banks

Green Giant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So I thought I would start up a thread as I am somewhat confused and need to get back on track.

I'm at somewhat of a loss with the forum, I've read as much as I can but it all seems so very confusing.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some help here.

My list of people to contact:

Next

I tried to order something online and pay by card but they set up a credit agreement in my name but without me asking. Is this allowed?

The rest have all had a small amount of charges on each account which I will try and reclaim.

Ikano

Barclaycard

Virgin

Halifax

Capital One

Morgan Stanley (sold to Barclay Card)

RBS

Co-Op

Need to really get on top of this and sorted as I seem to be swimming in a mountain of debt from having to fund wifes private medical bills.

All accounts are upto date, a few have had missed payments on etc.

Morgan Stanley keep charging PPI even though they have had 3 letters to stop.

So I think the first steps are to request a copy of the CCAs.

I'm going on the assumption to do things one step at a time, and leave the PPI for the time being, as if I understand it correctly if the CCA is unenforceable the PPI should also be wiped.

Is that an accurate line of thinking?

i'd hit the one that will give you the best return first & i would think that will be hte MS with PPI.

you should be able to reclaim the PPI as a mis-sell & get intererst on it as well.

have a look in the PPI forum thsts the best way to start.

as for the rest, write to all you creditors and tell them they will only be getting £x for the next x months [years] and would they please stop the charges and the interest.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'd hit the one that will give you the best return first & i would think that will be hte MS with PPI.

you should be able to reclaim the PPI as a mis-sell & get intererst on it as well.

have a look in the PPI forum thsts the best way to start.

as for the rest, write to all you creditors and tell them they will only be getting £x for the next x months [years] and would they please stop the charges and the interest.

dx

Hi Dx,

Thank you for your reply.

In which case I'll write to MS/BarclayCard and chase the PPI.

In reference to writing to my creditors and telling them they will only be getting £x for y Months, would that not have a severe and lasting impact on my future ability to obtain credit?

For example if I wanted to buy a new car in 4 years time - how would the above action affect that option?

Many thanks for your reply.

Would the following serve as a basis for reclaiming PPI:

Dear Sirs,

I write to you with reference to the Payment Protection Insurance that you have been levying against the following account XXXX-YYYY-ZZZZ-AAAA since it's opening.

You have been instructed in writing on no less than three separate occasions to cancel this insurance from the account referred to above, with the first instruction being sent one week after the account was opened.

This is end I am requesting that a full refund of the charges levied be returned, along with any interest which have have been levied.

Kind Regards,

Green Giant

i would not leave it them to calculate how much they owe you, esp as this is a credit card.

i'd total up all you have paid to date for PPI then add thier int rate from the card and hitthem with that.

now if you have copies of the letters you sent on this, inc them too, as it is very clear you cancelled within the cancellation period and they ignored you.

oh and dont request...DEMAND it back.

if it were me i'd also slap 8% on the total cause that id what a court would do and if it ever got that far, you would win hands down.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 weeks later...

Halifax responded with an offer of £39.

Cap One responded with "nothing doing"

Barclays are investigating.

I have CCA'd Cap One and Halifax on Feb 4th.

Cap One have said I should have sent them a £10 Cheque for a SAR instead of a £1 cheque and say this is their final response.

Halifax haven't responded.

If I have CCA'd them - when does the account go into default?

12 WORKING days, monday to friday, after they recieved the letter. C1 know the rules just write back saying it was for a cca not a sar learn to read or summing along those lines.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

12 WORKING days, monday to friday, after they recieved the letter. C1 know the rules just write back saying it was for a cca not a sar learn to read or summing along those lines.

They've not cashed the cheque ... I wonder if they are playing a new game...?

Yep its all games with them.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.