style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have a problem!

My dad borrowed my car last april to go to work, parked it thought that the meter was broken and went off. He then saw he got a ticket went to appeal it and found out the meter wasn't broken it just didn't turn on until 9AM he explained this and the council told him to write a letter which he didn't get round to doing. This all happened around the time we moved house.

I wasn't aware of any of this until late december when I got a bailiff letter through my door asking for £321 I phoned the bailiffs asking if i could pay in installments they said I'll nedd to write a letter or email so I wrote a email I also wrote a email to the couincil explaining what happened. I heard nothing until a bailiff came to my house saying they would come round in 24 hours a week later, after this I phoned the bailiff company asking why this had happened after i asked to pay in installments the guy on the phone said they didn't get my email and I should resend which I did, phoned them back the day after to make sure they had got it which they had and they said they will need my income and expendeture to see if this was acceptable. After this i phoned the council where we realised that they had responded to my email by sending a letter but to my old address so when I moved house they must of traced me just as the DVLA where switching it over and the bailiffs tracked me down seperatley. the council told me to file a out of time stat dec which I did two days ago. yesterday the bailiffs sent me another letter with itemised billing of what they're charging me.

I was wondering what happens with a out of time stat dec, if the bailiffs are on hold right now, and how long it takes to process?

Thanks in advance! James

Out of time stat dec does put the enforcement out of action But make sure you send or email a copy to the Bailiffs as I had the same thing But they returned twice when I had one in place, saying they had no record of it, when infact on calling them after the fact they did have it on file