Incorrectly marked bay with no sign

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

on 29th August 2008 I was issued a pcn, observed parking in a residents bay between 2.57 and 2.58 pm without displaying a voucher. This is a long bay, which has many irregular markings. In addition there was a post almost right by where I was parked with no sign on it. This sign has since been replaced. I made an informal challenge which they rejected on 16th September on the basis that there was another sign, which the attendant took a photograph of. However this was at the other end of the bay. I heard nothing until I received a notice to owner on 9 Jan. The markings of the bay do not appear to conform to 1028.4. There are no cpz signs at the entrance to the street, only 20mph signs.

I have posted several photographs here taken by me, empty pole and note bin Pictures, taken by me, empty pole and note bin Images, taken by me, empty pole and note bin Photos, taken by me, empty pole and note bin Videos - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Ho. They include 2 taken by me on 29 Aug showing the empty post, 5 sent to me as taken by the attendant, and the rest taken yesterday to try and show the bay. i have also posted the pcn and nto.

very many thanks for your help and attention

regards

Richard

I'm no expert but I think you have a case.

It's worth appealing on more than one point if you can.

You should check out the Traffic Regulation Order for the road. It should be on public display at the council offices. Also check out the TRSGD which contains the regulations on the size, shape of bays and signage that must be present. If lines are not compliant or the signage then the ticket becomes invalid.

Also post up a copy of the PCN as well - with identifying details obscured. There may be some flaw in the paperwork that renders it invalid.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------