CCleaner....WOW

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Expect your PC to self destruct in 60 seconds.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I've been using it for ages. PC still hasn't self destructed - although the lappy did fall apart. But then it was an Acer :rolleyes:

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

i use CCleaner after every session on the pc is a good tool been using it for 2 yrs now with out any problems.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I much prefer the Henry, magic for the dug and cat hairs :p

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I've been using it for ages. PC still hasn't self destructed - although the lappy did fall apart. But then it was an Acer :rolleyes:

My lappy is an Acer....am I doomed:shock:

It's just one of a handful of programs that can help with keeping your Pc clean. Some time ago, I wrote this post, giving details of various free programs that will not only to remove the junk from your system, but will help to keep it clean.

The post was made a while ago, but links are still good, with the one exception of the final link (HijackThis), which is now located here. Additionally, you can ignore the AVG Spyware link, as those functions are now included in the latest edition of AVG.

My lappy is an Acer....am I doomed

Mine lasted about 2 and a half years before slowly everything went wrong with it and it had to be consigned to the bin.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I spent all day Monday and Tuesday to try and get rid of Spyware Guard 2008 that arrived on my pc !!!!!!!!! I uninstalled and re-installed AVG 8 Free Edition and it cleaned up 300 viruses and 10 major threats. Left it running all night and rebooted and it's all back to normal, phew:D

There is a suggestion that I picked it up via the new IE7 update, but can't confirm :confused:

I've had wee Henry for about four years, still sucking like a good un !!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I spent all day Monday and Tuesday to try and get rid of Spyware Guard 2008 that arrived on my pc !!!!!!!!! I uninstalled and re-installed AVG 8 Free Edition and it cleaned up 300 viruses and 10 major threats. Left it running all night and rebooted and it's all back to normal, phew:D

There is a suggestion that I picked it up via the new IE7 update, but can't confirm :confused:

It sounds a lot like the "Windows anti-virus 2008" programme that I had the unfortunate experience of picking up a few months ago. This took a long time to get rid of. I hope this isn't a new strain :eek:

Good old Henry!!!!! :lol::lol:

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

There is talk about that I.E 7 is very unstable at the moment and prone to infections.

Even microsft have said if possible do not us it until a patch has been released.

Hence why im using firefox at the moment and now will continue to use as its a whole lot better faster too.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

It sounds a lot like the "Windows anti-virus 2008" programme that I had the unfortunate experience of picking up a few months ago. This took a long time to get rid of. I hope this isn't a new strain :eek:

Yes it was because I kept getting pop ups from Windows Security Centre saying your Spyware Guard 2008 is not active ! alert! alert! and I couldn't understand why it was almost like a Windows default antivirus programme! Grrrrrr:evil:

The Anti Virus 2008 is a virus in itself. Basically they are saying, "If you give us some money, we'll leave your computer alone". I remove computer virus' for a living. I even cleaned one last night. I uninstall whatever software is currently being used (especially if it's Norton or McAfee), I then install Avast (free) which instantly scans the system. I then move on to installing Malware Bytes (also free) and run a scan. Last but not least, I install CCleaner to tidy up.

Another good program (yes, free again) is SECUNIA PSI (link below). This scans your system in about ten minutes and lets you know if you have any potentially harmful programs on your system. You will be surprised that even certain versions of Firefox are potentially harmful. It then gives you the option to repair it. If you choose that option, it will take you to the newest and safest download available. Great.

Download - Personal (PSI) - Vulnerability Scanning - Secunia.com

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

There is Internet Explorer 8.0 out now, and i am having no trouble with it at all.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

There is talk about that I.E 7 is very unstable at the moment and prone to infections.

Even microsft have said if possible do not us it until a patch has been released.

This is one of the many reasons why Firefox, and, indeed, any browser that isn't IE, is superior to a browser that is IE.

Quite aside from the small mountain of CSS and compliancy issues that plague all versions of IE (including IE8 ) and really annoy the hell out of we web developers, Micro$oft jealously guard the code behind IE. Bugs naturally creep in and Micro$oft release unfinished products. When a bug is detected, Micro$oft's average response time for fixing it is 6 months plus.

Firefox releases, which are naturally just as susceptible to bugs, are infinitely more stable because the code is completely open source. When a bug is detected, some bright spark fixes it (usually within days), and, given the open source nature of the browser, all other users have access to the fix. The same goes for the rare occassion in which a security vulnerability is found in a FF release.

As of December 08, Firefox is officially the most used browser in the world (beating the combined use of IE 6 & IE 7) for a good reason. Well, several good reasons, actually, but the one that's relevant to the thread is that using it will hugely reduce your chances of picking up junk, even in its native mode without some of the better plugins.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

Just to throw a spanner into the works - I personally use Google Chrome. I've had no spyware/malware since installing it, and because of the brilliant Avast, I've had no viruses either. I used the CCleaner to get rid of all the cr@p that was on my lappy - and it's great now :D

Just to throw a spanner into the works - I personally use Google Chrome.

It's not throwing a spanner in at all. Chrome is an interesting one, but has yet to prove itself either way. Even in its infancy, it's superior to IE, and it passes the Acid tests for proper CSS rendering, which is a good thing from where this developer is sitting.

As to its future? We'll have to wait and see. It might be a flash in the pan, or may well emulate Firefox's success and become the dominant browser. Either way, the fact remains that any user, casual or otherwise, should give serious consideration to ditching IE if security is important to them.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca