Got Rid of 1 DCA - Now New DCA Advice Needed

c14r3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year along with the other 160,000 bemused customers I received a Termination letter with regards to my Egg CC. I had never got behind on payments but after I received this letter I decided I would stop my normal payment that month. I was contacted the following month by an Egg rep and they wanted to know how much I could afford to pay. I asked them if they could reduce my payments from £100 to £60 for 2-3 months and if I could afford it after that I would resume the payments of £100 which I thought was reasonable but they said no and soon after I received a default letter.

On 15/08/08

I received a letter of Intended Litigation from Moorcroft’s Pre-Court Division thanks to the CAG site I found a template letter and sent Moorcroft a CCA request on 20/08/08.

I heard nothing until 12/01/09 when I received 2 letters 1 from Moorcroft with my £1 PO saying blah blah blah "unable to provide a copy of signed agreement. We are closing account and returning it to our client" And the other from HL Solicitors/Capquest acting on behalf of Egg Plc with the usual treatogram giving me till 22/01/09 to pay up or else! They even followed it up with 2 calls to my partner asking for a contact number lying and saying they had spoken to me before. If they want to play mind games next time they ask for a contact number my partner says he will find the number for the local massage parlour and give it to them :D

Anyway after searching this site I am still not clear if I have to start the process again and CCA request Capquest also or do I write to Capquest and notify them that I had CCA'd moorcroft on 20/08/08 and the account is in now dispute with their client.

Thanks

You sound rather bemused, tell Capquest so with this letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/175840-halifax-problem.html#post1900426

As long as you followed the format and sent a CCA to Moorcroft, and can show it was delivered, they are in default by not providing it. Moorcroft have agreed this is the case by returning your account.

Capquest cannot expect to have another £1 from you for another CCA request, they should respond to say they have also returned the matter to 'their client'.

Then, make sure they can't keep passing it on by sending a copy of IdaInFife's masterpiece - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172071-letter-co-solicitors.html#post1856406

Too late to send that to Moorcroft now, it needs to kick them in the delicate area as soon as they default on the CCA.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.