• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply BankFodder and all advice.    Will do the SAR, as mentioned and reading customer service guide.    Thanks again.     
    • Send Firstport and SAR. Do it today. Read our customer services guide and implement the advice there in future. With any company. I expect my site team colleague @dx100uk will be along shortly to provide you with the help you need. Finally, please can you avoid posting in a solid block of text. It's very difficult to read and very unhelpful. Properly spaced and punctuated will encourage others to visit your thread and to give you the support that you need.
    • Hi. This is the first year I had to ask Firstport could I pay by instalments due to company/job closures. They agreed on the phone I could pay instalments. No record was sent or a payment plan put in place. I simply paid on their website by credit card. I paid different amounts and paid every month but I had a blip one month & couldn’t pay so carried on paying the months after. A refund arrived in another month so I ‘used’ that as my instalment. Suddenly 6 months into the year I received a letter from the debt co. PDC saying I owe extra money plus admin fees. They did not know it had been agreed that I was paying instalments so I told them this.  They then agreed it with FIRSTPORT. I then pointed out I had paid up to date. I received no notification from FIRSTPORT about anything being overdue until an email came a day later than the letter!  I’ve been battling with them since November and they just don’t listen. I don’t want their sympathy as everyone has a nightmare year. But I can’t pay them anymore than what I already have to.  Is this all legal ?  many thanks in advance for advice. Marion. 
    • Its all political now Hightail, and the politicians are playing with lives, also Hancock seems to think that its ok to have a flexible interval between jabs, and mix and match vaccines at random depending on what available on the day, with no clue as to adverse interactions.  he should be in jail along with Whitty and ferguson,.
    • I don't think we have any reliable data for a single dose of any vaccine so far.  What we do have from the current protocol are great figures for how many people have received a single shot.  I'm concerned that's more useful for political propoganda than medical efficacy.
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Welcome Finance secured loan

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4391 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all I made a thread a few days ago explaining that my wife has had some sort of break down over the last few years and has run up a fair amount of debt. I only found out about this on the 8/1/09. One of the problems in this scenario is a loan company called Welcome Finance, my wife took out a loan for £10,000 which they say is secured on the property. The property is owned in joint names and I haven't signed anything as far as I know to commit to this loan. I have asked them for a breakdown of this account and the details of the loan also asking for a copy of the agreement which I must have signied. If my signature is on it (my wife will of had me fraudulently got me to sign under the pretence it was something else) can I contest this. I am waiting for the post to arrive to see if I have signed, if I haven't signed anything I'm not paying anything and they will have to take me to court, if I have I cannot afford to pay anything for sometime as at the momment I am trying to save the house. Any advice would be much appreciated. :mad::mad::mad: