Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Given that the OPS initial post is with regards to DCAs and not original creditors...its fairly unlikely that you would have or could arrange an AP marker...arrangement to pay..... (not a D marker as you refer to Peter) as the agreement would have been terminated at assignment and already recorded as a D.   D represents ‘Default’, which is recorded once the lender believes that the credit agreement has broken down, usually due to a sustained period of arrears. A default is also a form of account closure, meaning that defaulted accounts will be removed from your Credit Report once six years pass from date of default. That being said in some cases, the account may only be marked as closed with a Satisfied (SF) marker when the outstanding balance has been paid. This will depend on the lender or the Credit Reference Agency that they have reported the account information to. Regardless of whether a default is recorded as open or closed, if a balance remains outstanding you can still be chased to repay this indefinitely. Defaults will severely damage your Credit Report. They will only stop harming your Credit Rating once they have been removed, six years from date of default. This is regardless of any subsequent payment made towards the defaulted account.   DA – Debt Assigned DA is used to show ‘Debt Assigned’. This marker is reported when an account has been sold to a debt collector. The original lender will then record the status of the account as Debt Assigned to reflect that the debt has been assigned to another company.
    • organised criminal gangs pull all kinds of stunts......
    • It could work 2 ways it might make them decide to bail out and withdraw ilast minutef they can't counter it, or plod on and try to wing it on the day
    • Wont work I am afraid, at least not in itself. Broadly, a creditor can record a D on a re arranged debt under certain circumstances.   Yes I know, completely unfair, and needs challenging, in court desperately.   I would make your complaint, and when you get the final response go to the FCA ombudsman,   The number is freely available, you ring in the first instance and he will tell you what he needs.   Generally, if you make a fuss they eventually cave in to avoid court action, but it requires perseverance and can take a while.   I think i stated the situation elsewhere on this forum.   @ London. The Section 87 notice is a requirement of the CCA, and has nothing to do with data recording. Although you should check if a warning of filing the debt was issued 28 days before it was placed on the record.   @Andy A notice of correction is a mixed blessing to say the least. All they do is disrupt the initial search from a prospective lender, generally they do not proceed to to examining the account, if the search is "footprint free" the creditor cannot see it without registering the search. 
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Welcome Finance secured loan

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4431 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all I made a thread a few days ago explaining that my wife has had some sort of break down over the last few years and has run up a fair amount of debt. I only found out about this on the 8/1/09. One of the problems in this scenario is a loan company called Welcome Finance, my wife took out a loan for £10,000 which they say is secured on the property. The property is owned in joint names and I haven't signed anything as far as I know to commit to this loan. I have asked them for a breakdown of this account and the details of the loan also asking for a copy of the agreement which I must have signied. If my signature is on it (my wife will of had me fraudulently got me to sign under the pretence it was something else) can I contest this. I am waiting for the post to arrive to see if I have signed, if I haven't signed anything I'm not paying anything and they will have to take me to court, if I have I cannot afford to pay anything for sometime as at the momment I am trying to save the house. Any advice would be much appreciated. :mad::mad::mad:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...