Experian File Has Strange Info On?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Guys & Girls,

Firstly hello, this is my first post on here and hoping someone could advise what to do with a little issue my wife has on her credit file she recently received.

There is a search by a company called 'mackenzy hall' which states 'unpaid debt', however, my wife has no debts outstanding and we haven't moved address in over 10 years.

She contacted Experian who advised they couldn't do anything about it and we should contact the creditor!! How can she do that when other then the name we dont have any contact details for them as there is no unpaid debt or accounts still open anywhere on her file?

Also, on her file she has had some searches for someone with same first & last name as her but with Elaine as her middle name, her middle name is Claire, always has been. Something else Experian couldn't help with.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice you can give on this.

Advice & opinions given by Stinkyfeet are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. :wink:

HI,

I would write back to experian telling them that these searches have nothing to do with you and to put a dispute under the information.

In the letter from experian they will have given you a page with some useful information on it. It should have an address on there for Muck Hall.

I would write a very strong letter to them threatening all sorts of action if they don't remove the ILLEGAL information immediately.

Send this letter recorded delivery so they cannot then say they didn't get it.

Report them to the information commissioner. They should not be allowed to get away with trashing someone's good name with ILLEGAL information.

Have a look around the site and if you put Mackenzie Hall in the search above it will bring you lots of astonishing stories about this bunch of cretins.

fox

PS DO NOT sign any letters, just print your name.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for your reply. I cant seem to locate a address for Muck Hall as you call em lol, that had me laughing. Dont suppose you know a good template I could use for the letter to both Experian & Muck Hall?

Thank you again

Advice & opinions given by Stinkyfeet are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. :wink:

Mackenzie Hall Registered Office:

Unit 1A, 58 Portland Street, Kilmarnock. KA1 1JG Company Registration No: SC255891

Perfect, thank you. Letter on way to the muppets

• 3 months later...

Yep it was reported to CRA who requested confirmation of it from Mackenzie. Few weeks later CRA advised been error and removed, checked and it had gone

• 1 month later...