Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4395 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts


this goes back a few years now so bear with me if it seems long winded.

back in june 2004 i VT the agreement for a car I had after paying half the agreement.

All went Ok car collected and heard nothing since.

The company the finance was with was Auto Credit Trust who had gone into administration in may 2003.

The Funding Corporation were administering the accounts for the administrator of auto credit trust. This is whom I sent the notifaication to to volentry terminate the agreement.

After nearly 6 years ive had a letter from Marlin Financial Services regarding an unpaid debt to Auto Credit Trust and they are saying that I defaulted on payment may 2003 just about the time auto credit trust went into administration. She said this was the last payment which had not been paid.

This is not so as all payments were upto date and the agreement wasnt VT until the year after 2004.

As you can appreciate after all this time I havent kept and paperwork with moving.

They are pursuing the full balance and have admitted the car wasnt sold at auction till sept 2004 a mointh after it was collected from me.

I have since learnt that the accouts were sold to Marlin by the administrator but have only just heard from Marlin.

Ive explained that if I hadnt paid half then they wouldnt have VT the agreement??

Any advise here would be appreciated as to where to go from here as Marlin are VERY unhelpful and just wont listen


Thanks in advance


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont accept what they say, ask in writing for copies of all the paperwork they have to prove you still owe this money. In the mean time you maybe able to track down copies of your payment receipts etc.

The onus in on them to supply all documents they have.

I doubt you will recieve anything further from them, more costly chase you than what they would get anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

there a dozens of acf - marlin - customers in the same situation over at Car Credit Complaints


have a look there you might be able to pick up some useful info


good luck



Edited by jonni2bad
Refer to PM
Link to post
Share on other sites


Yes it was paid by direct debit but i no longer have that bank account can i still ask for statements?

Ive spoken to the administrator of ACT today who seemed quite helpfull regarding this and said they will look into it and see if they can find any information, fingers crossed.

Ive looked at the link at car credit complaints and feel if needs be a solicitors letter may be in order then they will know i mean business.

Does anyone have any high end contact details from Marlin. I got one from Credit Services Assotiation but have heard nothing from the email i sent the night before last

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...