how do they ensure correct time on pcn?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I received a pcn for parking in residents bay between 14.56 and 14.57, restricted hours are between 2 and 3pm. The attendants photos have a time stamp of 15.01. I believe that the bay is incorrectly marked as there is a post but no sign on it and the road markings do not comply with 1028.4, although they rejected that in my informal challenge.

How do the attendants/council prove that the time on their handheld computers is accurate? Is there any onus on them to prove they have checked the time in some way, and to the manufacturers specification? (I remember when radar guns were first introduced they had to be calibrated every day) Can we request that information and use it as a defense?

best regards

Richard

taken by me, empty pole and note bin Pictures, taken by me, empty pole and note bin Images, taken by me, empty pole and note bin Photos, taken by me, empty pole and note bin Videos - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Ho

I have taken photographs today showing the long bay. They have now replaced the sign that I parked next to in August, so that helps my case I guess. I would appreciate your opinion.

There are 2 shots taken by me which show the pole without an attached sign. Then there are 5 photos taken by the attendant and sent in reply to my informal challenge. He took a shot of the sign at the top of the bay. The road markings are somewhat confusing, is it one bay or two. The top of the road does not have any CPZ signs so I think they are meant to have both road markings and signs stating the parking hours.

best regrds

Richard

I've also posted the pcn and nto.

I received the ticket on 29th August and sent them an informal challenge that day. They choose to disregard it sending me photos first and then a reply when I pointed out they had not sent one, on 16th September. so they had my contact details. Then nothing until the notice to owner on 9th January. Is 3 months an unreasonable time to take?

regards

Richard

When they connect the PDA to a PC to download the PCNs it gets synced with the PC which is connected to the internet and automatically updates the time. It is very unlikely that a hand held computer would lose time during a day even a cheap digital watch is unlikely to lose time these days.

When they connect the PDA to a PC to download the PCNs it gets synced with the PC which is connected to the internet and automatically updates the time. It is very unlikely that a hand held computer would lose time during a day even a cheap digital watch is unlikely to lose time these days.

Got to disagree with you on that one. As the owner of several PDA's I have learned the hard way that low battery power can seriously screw a PDA. Given that each re-charge lessens the battery life there is a possibility that the time was incorrect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wonder if anyone has ever challenged on the basis that manufacturers guidelines should be followed to ensure accurate timekeeping, do they keep maintenance records, logs etc? If not how do they ensure that the timekeeping is accurate?

regards