• Tweets

• Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
    • I’m pleased to report the dealer has provided a full refund. He admits the vehicle wasn’t as described. This now closes the matter  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Money4Nothing V Barclays **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rang Alex yesterday afternoon and he told me that he was going to have a look at my file and give me a call today.

Well phone was dead, just switched it on and there is a message from Alex saying basically that they are going to settle, they are going to pay the charges plus court and allocation costs - and that I should receive the settlement letter tomorrow. I think the amount they said was not up to date - it was the one I sent to them in October...but I'm not going to haggle over a few quid. So it's almost over...

I don't see any problems with ringing Barclays at this stage as long as you are quite confident on the phone...I use the phone all day and talk to people face to face, so I'm quite confident.

So hopefully get a letter tomorrow, I'll hand it in at the branch tomorrow pm - money probably be in the bank on Mon/Tue!

Thanks to everyone who I've had replies from - and thanks to this site and all its users, mods and owners. Another happy user...

m4n

I rang Alex yesterday afternoon and he told me that he was going to have a look at my file and give me a call today.

Well phone was dead, just switched it on and there is a message from Alex saying basically that they are going to settle, they are going to pay the charges plus court and allocation costs - and that I should receive the settlement letter tomorrow. I think the amount they said was not up to date - it was the one I sent to them in October...but I'm not going to haggle over a few quid. So it's almost over...

I don't see any problems with ringing Barclays at this stage as long as you are quite confident on the phone...I use the phone all day and talk to people face to face, so I'm quite confident.

So hopefully get a letter tomorrow, I'll hand it in at the branch tomorrow pm - money probably be in the bank on Mon/Tue!

Thanks to everyone who I've had replies from - and thanks to this site and all its users, mods and owners. Another happy user...

m4n

Hi m4n,

Does this mean they are not paying the 8% interest and your daily rate of interest?

Hope it gets sorted by Monday for you so you can start spending mate.

Tanz

M4N,

Well done to you and Tanz, my AQ went in today so I'm a bit behind you but your info about the court bundle was very helpful to me as I'm in the process of getting mine ready.

Will keep everything crossed for you that you get your money back in the next couple of days and I hope your mum is okay.

Jackie

Good for you and definitely keep us posted - it's very helpful to read the different stages you have gone through and the dates involved. I'm just about to send my Letter Before Action so still a way to go!

07 Nov 2006 - Sent premliminary letter (with charges)

11 Nov 2006 - Received standard acknowledgement letter

24 Nov 2006 - Sent Letter Before Action (with charges)

29 Nov 2006 - Received offer from Barclays

01 Dec 2006 - Sent letter declining their offer

06 Dec 2006 - Received letter from Barclays reiterating that that was their final offer and if I do not wish to accept it, we are therefore unable to reach an amicable resolution!

08 Dec 2006 - Submitted MCOL

11 Dec 2006 - Claim deemed 'Issued' by MCOL

29 Dec 2006 - Claim acknowledged by Barclays

Claim defended by Barclays

12 Jan 2007 - received AQ (N149) and copy of Barclays defence

13 Feb 2007 - Received Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track court. Hearing date: 12 April 2007

Hi m4n,

Does this mean they are not paying the 8% interest and your daily rate of interest?

Hope it gets sorted by Monday for you so you can start spending mate.

Tanz

No they're paying everything, including the interest up to the 16th October.

I got my settlement letter this morning, standard it seems - I was laughing as I was telling my g/f last night exactly what the letter would say, as I read her the quote from your thread.

Spoke to Alex Martin this morning, and asked if I can scratch the confidentiality - he said yes no problem.

They've offered me £1930.80, my up to date sheet puts the total at £1942.60 - but I'm not gonna bother about £11.80, they can buy themselves a bargain bucket on me.

Glad this is all over at last... :)

M4N,

Well done to you and Tanz, my AQ went in today so I'm a bit behind you but your info about the court bundle was very helpful to me as I'm in the process of getting mine ready.

Will keep everything crossed for you that you get your money back in the next couple of days and I hope your mum is okay.

Jackie

Hi Jackie, as you will see from my latest post I've had settlement letter this morning. Should be in the bank early next week. Wheeee!

My Mum's much better this last week - thanks for asking :)

Good luck with your claim, you know where we are if you have any questions.

m4n

Lol yeah I know...I put it down to not getting paid enough, so its really my employers fault lol

Thanks!

Barclaycard are next!

m4n

ps. I'm going to ring my local paper - and see if they are interested in bank charges story - so I can plug this site/forum.

Nice one. I've been toying with the idea but not sure if I will yet. However I might just so that when I next go into my local Bank which ever it is (as I have 3 of them) they might think "are we next" well in answer to that yes you are. lol

Lloyds TSB (MCOL to be fied this weekend) with my seetlement fees

Capital One (MCOL to be filed this weekend) with my settlement fees

Barclaycard (prelim letter with estimated charges on giving them 14 days)

Welcome Fin (Prelim letter requesting refund of PPI 2b sent this weekend)

Black Horse (SAR to be sent this weekend)

HSBC (SAR to be sent for old account) They have just given me a new parachute account.

Oh what fun. lol

Tanz

Nice one. I've been toying with the idea but not sure if I will yet. However I might just so that when I next go into my local Bank which ever it is (as I have 3 of them) they might think "are we next" well in answer to that yes you are. lol

Lloyds TSB (MCOL to be fied this weekend) with my seetlement fees

Capital One (MCOL to be filed this weekend) with my settlement fees

Barclaycard (prelim letter with estimated charges on giving them 14 days)

Welcome Fin (Prelim letter requesting refund of PPI 2b sent this weekend)

Black Horse (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to be sent this weekend)

HSBC (SAR to be sent for old account) They have just given me a new parachute account.

Oh what fun. lol

Tanz

Holy sh!t, you're gonna be busy!

Good luck m8 =) not that you need it ofc.

Couldn't agree more - its great fun isn't it!

And what a nice feeling when you win!

m4n

Don't want to bring everyone down - but to those asking about my Mum...

She passed away last night under sedation, so it was peaceful.

Feeling both sorrow and relief, she's gone thru a lot in the last 8 years - and I know she's in a better place.

m4n

Don't want to bring everyone down - but to those asking about my Mum...

She passed away last night under sedation, so it was peaceful.

Feeling both sorrow and relief, she's gone thru a lot in the last 8 years - and I know she's in a better place.

m4n

Oh I am sorry to hear that mate. As long as it was peaceful and she is no longer in pain.

You are in my prayers.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

hi m4n,

sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Hi M4n, I am really sorry to hear about ypur mum. my prayers are with you.

Well done for beating the bank.

I've read on here that some peolple have phoned barclays and got their money back that way, do you think it is worth while doing that, I was thinking of phonig Mr Ruffhead who wrote the defence for barclays. Or should I phone Alex Martin. My case has been moved to the mercantile court, but I have no date yet.

Thanks all for your sympathy...

If you've got a court date I don't think it does any harm in ringing them up...when I spoke to Alex he said straight away that they were going to settle, so its not all the crap about - oh we intend to defend etc.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference about the mercantile court, but it doesn't hurt trying does it.

The worst that can happen is that they say no, but they'll soon change their mind as the court date looms.

m4n

hi M4n,

I just called alex martin who said that someone called Celyn evans was dealing with my case and he gave me a phone number for him to discuss my case but the number he gave me goes through to someone called franklin par, how strange.

Hi M4n, just thought i'd give u a quick update, i called alex martin again and he informed me he had given me the wrong number, so he gave me the right one, so i called Celyn evans, very polite man asked him if he wanted to settle before it went to mercantile court, he said that is what they are looking to do and that he has check to see if the figures were right and that then he would send me a letter in the next couple of days with an offer, he also told me that my husbands had been transfered to the mercantile court aswell and he would also be reciving a letter soon. We haven't even been informed that his has been tranfered to mercantile court yet. he took my mobile number and said would get back to me as of when.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.