• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Jamieleeuk vs PPI Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I heard a few success stories in relation to recovering mis-sold PPI and I always thought to myself, nah - I don't know much about it so i'll just carry on. But then I stumbled upon this site and all the helpful people and I am now about to start.

Is the following template which hellhasnofury put on last year still OK to use today or should I use a more up to date one?

Kind regards and many thanks for all the future help I hope to receive.

Hello,

There have been a few request for S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) templates on the forum lately.

This is the one that I have sent, specifically asking for all information and this included ppi. You have to literally spell it out for them, because this is the information they really don't want you to have. Best to send a £10 postal order with it for the fee payable under the Data Protection Act

Your address

Their Address

Date

DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Dear Sir/Madam

Your name: xxxxxx

Account No/ No’s

I understand that you currently hold details of my personal and financial information within your internal record systems with regard to personal loan accounts And or credit cards

Please supply me with a complete list of transaction and charges relating to my history with your organization, INCLUDING Loans and or credit cards, payment protection insurance and other products. Alternatively a complete set of statements for the accounts or associated accounts is acceptable. I would be grateful if you would provide the following for ALL accounts or associated accounts I have held with your organization:

-Full copies of all contracts which you believe exist or have existed between myself and your organization, including true copies of any documents you hold in support of the same.

- A complete list of all transactions or statements relating to ALL of my Loan Accounts and or credit card with your organization.

-Copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contacts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.

-Full copies or transcripts of any correspondence in postal, email or any other format which you have entered into with any individual, organization or third party which contains my personal or financial, or which pertains to me.

- Where any previous information or records held have been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, certificates or references confirming details of destruction. Where you are unable to provide such certificates, please provide a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.

-Full hard copy print outs of my personal or financial information, held in a digital, magnetic or any other format which is held in any archives, backups or other storage devices / locations.

I enclose a cheque in the sum of £10 to cover your fee.

IF YOU UNABLE TO DEAL WITH THIS REQUEST, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FORWARD IT TO THE PERSON WITHIN YOUR ORGANISATION RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCECTION.

I look forward to hearing from you in the first instance of receipt.

Yours faithfully

Your name

Sign your signature and put a line through it so you will know if you see it again:o You never know

They have 40days to comply under the Data Protection Act, but do be nice and allow some time for postage. Which should always be by recorded delivery, so you can prove that they did receive it.

That should do, just amend it to suit yourself.

What is this for, loan or credit card?

I keep putting of doing this myself.

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Well, to start off with this is a Loan. My partner and I were young at the time of getting the loan and we were taken to a room above the branch. The salesman told us we wouldn't be accepted for the loan without the payment protection bolt-on as I had moved jobs recently. I have had credit cards with the same bank, but that didnt get used much - the card debt was cleared with the loan debt. Also, i'm wondering if I could do anything about a hire purchase agreement which ended with me £6,000 out of pocket and no car but i'll start a new thread for that one as its a different company and deal all together.

I have written the letter and signed my cheque - the ball has begun to roll!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have just received a letter back from the bank, and I am now undure what to do next as they want me to phone someone (number stated on the letter). I don't want to as i don't feel confident enough tackling them on my own and maybe thats a tacic they use to bully people into stopping their claim.

[my address]

[my name]

DSAR Ref # [xxx]

Data Subject Access Request

Thank you for your letter requesting access to personal information held about you.

Please find enclosed a copy of the following leaflet for your information:

"Personal Customer Complaints - Here's What We'll Do"

For details of how we obtain and use your personal information, please find enclosed a copy of our company privacy statement. This cal also be viewed Halifax - Privacy or Redirect

I have recieved your cheque fee of £10.00 and confirm I am currently processing your request. A copy of the information you are entitiled to receive will be supplied to you as soon as possible, and in line with the 40 days allowed by the Data Protection Act 1998. In order to ensure we match your exact requirements, please contact me at your earliest convenience on the above number to discuss your request.

Please note, HBOS plc is not obliged to supply records held in paper format if they do not form part of a relevant filing system.

Further details about the data protection act, how personal data is defined and your rights under the act are available on the Information Commissioners Website at ico.co.uk

Yours Sincerely,

Data Subject Access Request Team

So, I sent off my letter to Halifax on the 16th Jan. The cheque was cashed in late January and I have had this letter today (14th Feb). One question is, from when does to 40 days start? is it from the day they cashed the cheque? and what can I do if nothing arrives with me by 40 days?

And also, what the blinkin'eck do I do now? Do I phone them and let them hear my quaking voice? or do I stick to plain writing so I have hard evidence of correspondance?

All help greatly appreciated.

The 40 day time limit starts on the date the Bank received your Subject Access Request, provided you have given them the information they need to find your data and offered payment.

The IC's advice to Data Controller's states:

"You have 40 calendar days to respond to a SAR. The 40 days allowed for dealing with the SAR begin when you have confirmed that:

• the person you are dealing with is the person whose information you hold, or their representative;
  • you have received the fee (if charged); and
  • you have been given any information you reasonably require to locate the records.

The 40-day response period is a statutory requirement and there are no exemptions from this."

I have just received a letter back from the bank, and I am now undure what to do next as they want me to phone someone (number stated on the letter). I don't want to as i don't feel confident enough tackling them on my own and maybe thats a tacic they use to bully people into stopping their claim.

They want you to phone them so:

1. They can ask you what the reason for your enquiry is.
  2. They can try to get you to ask for some specific documents
  3. They can ask you for more time to comply with your request.

There is no obligation on you to provide a reason for your request... all you'd be doing by telling them would be to give them on advance notice of your intentions.

There is no obligation on you to narrow your request to specific documents or data. Data Controllers hate this, because it costs them a huge amount of time and money...but the DPA is quite clear, if you ask you are entitled to ALL the data they hold on you (to which a SAR relates) and they cannot refuse to provide it.

There is no obligation on you to allow them an extension to the 40 day time limit.

Accordingly, it is of no benefit to you to phone them.

Just write them a very short letter stating the date they received your request and that you look forward to hearing from them with their full reply. If you sent the SAR recorded and have proof of delivery, you can work out the exact date their 40 days expires... and you should ask for the reply "on or before" that date in your letter.

So, I sent off my letter to Halifax on the 16th Jan. The cheque was cashed in late January and I have had this letter today (14th Feb). One question is, from when does to 40 days start? is it from the day they cashed the cheque? and what can I do if nothing arrives with me by 40 days?

If you want to complain - Complain to the IC

If you want compensation - Issue court proceedings for the breach

If they are really overwhelmed and miss the deadline, they may try and say that they have insufficent evidence of your ID, to process the request. This is not a good argument because the reply they have already sent to you has not raised the point and if they truly doubted your ID they should not have written to you, in the first place.

If they do raise the issue of ID, only ever send them copies of the statements they have sent you and/or data they already hold on you. Do not provide them with a copy of your signature (this is not, in any event, evidence of ID) or statements for any other accounts you may have. Both these things can come back to haunt you.

[B]Gamekeeper turned Poacher.[/B] [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]Disclaimer:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]My posts only contain general information and my opinion and they are provided on the sole basis that you will not rely on them. Nothing in them is, or should be considered as, legal advice.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]No warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of my posts is given including, but without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]If you require legal advice, you should consult and retain a suitably qualified lawyer.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

If they do raise the issue of ID, only ever send them copies of the statements they have sent you and/or data they already hold on you. Do not provide them with a copy of your signature (this is not, in any event, evidence of ID) or statements for any other accounts you may have. Both these things can come back to haunt you.

If they have been have been happy to deal with you in the past why should they have a problem with your ID now?

HALIFAX: 13/01/07 Sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter (marked as rec'd 16/01)

Paid in full in March 07

Please note, HBOS plc is not obliged to supply records held in paper format if they do not form part of a relevant filing system.

I would also point out to you the above sentence they put in your letter is a load of bull and contravenes the data protection act 1998.

They have a duty under this act to show everything they hold on the subject.

I think a letter copying there reply to the ICO is in order here.

Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

You mean they don't have to go through the waste paper bins :D:D

This might help you understand the definition of a relevant filing system.

Data Protection Act 1998: What is a relevant filing system?

Paid in full in March 07

If they have been have been happy to deal with you in the past why should they have a problem with your ID now?

Because, it's an easy get out from the Data Controller's point of view...

The 40 days allowed for dealing with the SAR begin when you [the Data Controller] have confirmed that:

• the person you are dealing with is the person whose information you hold [the Data Subject]

If they argue that they have been unable to confirm a Data Subject's identity, they can argue that they are not (yet) in breach of the 40 day time limit.

[B]Gamekeeper turned Poacher.[/B] [B][SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]Disclaimer:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]My posts only contain general information and my opinion and they are provided on the sole basis that you will not rely on them. Nothing in them is, or should be considered as, legal advice.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]No warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the content of my posts is given including, but without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=silver]If you require legal advice, you should consult and retain a suitably qualified lawyer.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just a quick update - I have not received anything from the bank yet apart from the above said letter. I did not respond to the letter or forward it on, instead I await receipt of the paperwork I requested.

Royal mail didn't help by not being able to provide an exact date of delivery, instead I had to use the date my cheque was cashed as the date of delivery (even though it takes 3 - 5 working days to clear).

So, taking that into consideration, today is day 32 - 8 days to go until they breach the 40 days.

I'll let you know

Finally received the paperwork yesterday and had a sift through it last night. I'm stuck on what I need to do next.

They have sent a copy of the loan agreement (the first loan) and it shows the PPI was signed for by my partner (but we were told we had to take it or we would be refused the loan) and it shows the PPI and Interest amount on that loan. The details are as follows for this Loan (Loan 1):

• Amount Borrowed = £3,500
  • Payment Protection = £766
  • Interest on Loan and PPI = £1,200 (approx)

The total repayable for this loan was £5,700 (which looking back is daylight robbery - but we were young so thought nothing of it).

We were paying this loan, then, because we had a credit card, we decided to get a larger loan for consolidation - I had just started in new employment and as such they said I needed to take out the PPI or we would be refused the loan.

Loan 2 is as follows:

• Amount Borrowed = £7,000
  • Payment Protection = £966
  • Interest = Unknown

The interest is unknkown because they have NOT sent me a copy of this agreement and so I cannot check the details of the loan. All they sent me on this loan was a copy of a screen shot of their system which showed our name, the amount borrowed and the PPI amount - but there's no agreement in the package they sent to me.

Whilst talking about the credit card, each month there was a charge n the statement which was titled "Payment Cover" - the did not send me an agreement for the credit card in the package and the amount charged over the term of the credit card was £160

My question is then, what do I do now? I have no idea where to go from here - do I need to first request they send me the agreement for Loan 2?

Please, if you need any more details, let me know what.

Kind Regards

Jamie

• 1 month later...

Though I would give you a brief update.

Since receiving the paperwork I wrote them another letter stating that I wanted my money back that they obtained from me via mis selling and I gave them examples of how they mis sold, including the reasons both loans of "You're just starting in new employment, therefore you won't be accepted without the insurance protection".

I duly received a letter back within 6 or 7 days saying they were sorry I felt I needed to complain about their services and that they were looking into it. I have had another letter since then dated 1st May which says

Dear Customer,

Further to our letter dated 2nd April, I'm sorry that you have not yet had a full response to your concerns.

We're still investigating your complaint and you will receive a response from us as soon as possible but no later than 2nd June 2009

Our complaints leaflet, which we sent previously, explains how we will handle your complaint.

Your concerns will be dealt with as quickly as possible but to help us deal more efficiently with your enquiry, please quote XXXXXXXXXX when writing or tekephoning the number at the top of this letter.

Yours sincereley

Customer Relations Officer

So - Hopefully I will receive some good news - however, I think I may have jeapordised it if i'm being honest as I have since paid the balance of the loans off in full... though I should STILL receive a refund of what I was sold right? - as the PPI is added to the loan and therefore I will have paid that premium price i the settlement figures?..

It confuses me - i'm just hoping they send me something and if they do Bonus, if not, ah well.

The fact the Loans are paid up has no bearing on your PPI claim in fact it makes the situation a whole lot easier to deal with.

Also if you took this complaint to the FOS they would insist that it is cancelled at some point.

I will also have a good bet that the PPI policy has been paid in full and if you paid the loan early all you would of had back is a rebate of the interest you would of paid over the full term.

Keep at them all is not lost and do not let them take control of this claim stick to your timescales not theirs.

Good Luck

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Again,

I allowed them extra time to sort this, they gave themselves to 2nd June to sort it out satisfactorily and today on 29th May, I have received 2 further letters today. They have split the loans out into seperate cases it seems.

Dear Miss xxx and Mr xxx

Roll # A

I refer to your recent complaint regarding the PPI on your Halifax personal loan.

First, on behalf of HBoS, please accept my sincere apologies that you have felt the need to complain. All such complaints are taken very seriously indeed and to ensure i have understood and therefre addressed your complaint, I will now take the time to summarise your concerns.

You feel the PPI was mis-sold because:

You say you were not given the correct information when the policy was sold

The adviser stated that taking out the policy would assist the credit application

The adviser did not advise that the policy was optional, instead persisted to inform you that you would not be granted the loan without the PPI

The advisor stated that taking out the policy was essential for you to get the associated credit

You would like satisfactory justification that the policy was fair and reasonable.

As part of my investigation into the sale of your PPI, I have considered the information available to me.

Having done so, and in view the fact that you are valued customers, I have decided to pay you an amount which will put you back in the position you would have been in had you not taken the insurance. This is done without admission of liability and in full and final settlement of your complaint about PPI on your policy.

We will contact you again shortly to confirm the exact amount that will be paid to you.

Where an account held with HBoS is in arrears it is our policy to offeset the amount of redress we are offering against any currently outstanding balance. By taking this action we are helping ensure the interest and or charges in relation to the loan are reduced. Therefore, if you are in arrears the redress will be used to reduce or clear the arrears and any surplus will the be paid to you.

It is anticipated that this payment will be made within the next month. If at this time you hold an open account with Halifax or Bank of Scotland the settlement will be paid into this account. If you do not hold an account then the payment will be made by cheque.

I trust this offer has addressed your complaint fully, however you can of course contact me directly on the telephone number at the top of this letter should you wish to discuss and aspect of my review further.

I will also take the opportunity to inform you that if you remain unhappy wit my decision, then you can refer to the Fincial Ombudsman service. They can be contacted by telephone on 0845 080 1800 or by post at:

address

address

address

I have enclosed a leaflet providing full detail of the Ombudsman Service. Please note that if you wish to refer this matter to the FOS you must do so within 6 months of the date of this letter.

Dear Mr X and Miss X

Roll # B

I refer to your recent complaint regarding the PPI on your Halifax personal loan.

First, on behalf of HBoS, please accept my sincere apologies that you have felt the need to complain. All such complaints are taken very seriously indeed and to ensure i have understood and therefre addressed your complaint, I will now take the time to summarise your concerns.

You feel the PPI was mis-sold because:

You say you were not given the correct information when the policy was sold

The adviser stated that taking out the policy would assist the credit application

The adviser did not advise that the policy was optional, instead persisted to inform you that you would not be granted the loan without the PPI

The advisor stated that taking out the policy was essential for you to get the associated credit

You would like satisfactory justification that the policy was fair and reasonable.

As part of my investigation into the sale of your PPI, I have considered the information available to me. Please be advised that we have been unable to trace a copy of the loan agreement and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Having considered all of the complaint points which you have raised I have concluded that the PPI on your personal loan may not have been appropriate for you. I am therefore upholding your complaint. I would like to put you back in a position you would have been in had you not taken the insurance.

We will contact you again shortly to confirm the exact details of the amount that will be paid to you.

Where an account held with HBoS is in arrears it is our policy to offeset the amount of redress we are offering against any currently outstanding balance. By taking this action we are helping ensure the interest and or charges in relation to the loan are reduced. Therefore, if you are in arrears the redress will be used to reduce or clear the arrears and any surplus will the be paid to you.

It is anticipated that this payment will be made within the next month. If at this time you hold an open account with Halifax or Bank of Scotland the settlement will be paid into this account. If you do not hold an account then the payment will be made by cheque.

I trust this offer has addressed your complaint fully, however you can of course contact me directly on the telephone number at the top of this letter should you wish to discuss and aspect of my review further.

I will also take the opportunity to inform you that if you remain unhappy wit my decision, then you can refer to the Fincial Ombudsman service. They can be contacted by telephone on 0845 080 1800 or by post at:

address

address

address

I have enclosed a leaflet providing full detail of the Ombudsman Service. Please note that if you wish to refer this matter to the FOS you must do so within 6 months of the date of this letter.

If you have made it this far, then thanks very much for taking your time to read the letters I have received. Now here are my questions as this saga draws to a close...

They refer to getting back to me with the exact amounts due to be paid back to me - I am unsure how to work this out so I know if I am being ripped off before they give me their figure, does anyone know how to work it out?

They have told me that on the second application, (in the second letter above) that they are unable to trace a copy of the loan agreement - is there anything I can do for myself in respects of this error on their part?

Please bear in mind that I have since paid off the balaces of the loans in full. The steps went something like the following :

Took Loan for 3k from Halifax they included PPI on that - paid off with 2nd loan.

Consolidated by taking 2nd loan from Halifax of £7k which also had PPI on top.

Since paid off this loan.

I appreciate any help that anybody has to offer on what to do next.

Many Thanks

You will require the assistance of pompeyfaith on this one he is very good on interest rate calculations.

however if you have a handle on stuff like that here are a few cag spreadsheets to help you out. (I just let the Financial Ombudsman Service work out the formula for me)

Interest calculation spreadsheets

Hope this helps but if you get stuck then please PM pompeyfaith and tell him I am to blame for interupting his rest;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Jamie

great news on the money due back,

Im in the same same boat and hope to receive the same response back from a Halifax loan and credit cards thanks to the advice of AA and the help of Pompeyfaith,

Like Alan says pm pompey he knows his stuff.

whatever they give you now is better than before you started with the claim :D

Good luck

Gary

Hiya Jamie,

Just to let you know I got the P.M from Alan and i have not forgotten about it.

I will get on to this, this evening.

Is ok to post the results on here, or would you like me to P.M then to you?

Regards

PF

ok jamie can u post the figures APR'S they used and dates taken out and ill get on to it tomorrow morning PF

Right, let's get cracking :

LOAN 1

Loan amount £3,500

credit charge for Loan £1,181.74

Total amount I pay for Cash Loan £4,681.74

PPI £766.73

Credit charge for PPI £258.91

Total PPI charge £1,025.64

Total Monthly Repayment for 42 Months £135.89

APR = 16.7%

Loan = £4,266.73 (Loan plus PPI net of interest)

Credit Charge for Loan = £1,440.65

Total amount payable by me = £5,707.38

Monthly Interest Rate = 1.263%

I was charged a £42.67 arrangement fee

This Loan was taken out on 14th March 2005

Payments on this loan began on 14th June 2005

I made monthly payments up to and inclusing 15th Jan 07 and paid off in full the balance on 10th Feb 09 with a further loan.

LOAN 2 (the one where the bank kindly says they are sorry but they cannot find the agreement - cannot easily find the total interest charged like loan 1 )

Loan £7,000

PPI £900.36

APR 9.9%

Monthly Payment £146.74

Started Payments on 10.05.07

Paid Up in Full 5th March 2009

I'm bloody astonished to find that the total cash price payable for the loan was £10,565.28! made up of the following:

7000 loan

900.36 ppi

2.361.44 credit charge for 7k loan

303.48 credit charge for 900.36 PPI

I hope this is enough for you Pompey, if not, please let me know what you need.

Thanks again!

Edited by jamieleeuk
Found more info

• 3 weeks later...

Wife just phoned me at work. They have offered us £1,000

Pompey, please can you do the math from the PM I sent to you :-) i'd be very grateful.

Thanks EVERYONE for your help on this matter.

Kind Regards

At first glance that looks nowhere near the amount you should be getting so I would tend to say refuse it,

Paid in full in March 07