MBNA - Virgin - unenforceable credit agreement- where do i start?

Smileylady1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

From what i've learnt over the last couple of years dealing with this, there is no such thing as an unenforceable credit agreement. Even if there are some serious flaws within the agreement, a judge now has the power to make a decision on whether an agreement is enforceable or not, and basically if you've signed your name to something and you owe the money, then basically its your debt.

One route you may want to explore is the PPI one. I've now gone down this route with several of my creditors, and they are a lot more accomdating wiht this rather than trying to get the debt waived completely and I am due to receive my second cheque from Lloyds TSB compensating me for the PPI I paid on a credit card.

I will say that even if you cant get a debt written off, you could just not pay it, or set up a minimal payment to keep they at bay. They are obliged to accept even jsut £1 if thats what you are offering. Obviously doesnt clear your credit rating but at least you wont get hassled.