Dial A Phone/vodafone - Wrong Tariff, Help!

RachM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, I took out a contract with Dial a Phone on the Vodafone network on 21st November 2008. The tariff I chose was 600 mins, unlimited texts (I am a textaholic, averaging 1000+ per month).

I was surprised when I received my bill on the 23rd December from Vodafone, they had me on the 700 mins/250 texts from 21st Nov - 17th Dec 08. Then 17th Dec - 31st Dec on the 600 mins/ultd text (which i had originally chosen). It was no surprise my bill was higher than expected.

I have been corresponding with vodafone by email, useless to say the least, going round in circles. They claim that I telephoned on the 17th Dec to change my tariff, didnt even know you could change tariffs but there you go. So I found my email order confirmation from Dial a phone, dated 17th November 2008, confirming the tariff I had chosen & delivery date etc. So why are vodafone adament that I am in the wrong? even when I have the proof?

Anyone else had this experience? please help. I have refused to pay until its sorted, they've now cut me off....great!!

BOS charges, Acc 1: £1088.17 Sent financial statement, awaiting reply.

BOS charges, Acc 2: £602.83 Sent financial statement, awaiting reply.

Orange: Arrears approx £800.00 (awaiting statement)

BOS Preference Account: £2300 (awaiting CCA request)

BOS Preference Account: £2000+ (Awaiting CCA request)

Oh boy yes and they don't want to change you back if they're making money on it. I evenyually told them I was stopping the direct debit and would send them a cheque once a month for the correct amount. Not one person on the end of the phone was 'authorised' to sort it out until I denied them access to my bank account.

RachM...

It is time to put your complaint in writing and send it by Special Delivery to

Vodafone Ltd

Correspondence Management

Post Room

Balliol House

Banbury

Oxon

OX17 3NS

In your letter detail in chronological order what has happened and the steps you have taken in trying to resolve the issue. I would enclose copies of the order confirmation form Dial a Phone and emails sent and received.

Clearly state in your letter what vodafone must do to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, i.e crediting back the charges incurred from 21 Nov - 17 Dec which were over and above those charges which should have been incurred for the tariff you selected. Also state that should Vodafone not be in a position to accept your reolution proposal, then you require them to issue a "Deadlock" letter in order that you may refer the matter to the ombudsman, Otelo.

You will need to give vodafone the balance of twelve weeks from your initial complaint to respond to your lettter. This is for the purposes of complying with Otelo should it come to that stage, eg if you made your initial complaint on 18 Dec allow vodafone up to 12 Mar. Phone companies are allowed 12 weeks to respond in full to a complaint before you can refer the matter to Otelo.

Otelo's contact details are:

Online complaint form: Otelo - Office of the Telecommunications Ombudsman

Telephone: 0845 050 1614

0330 440 1614

01925 430 049

Postal Address: Otelo

PO Box 730

Warrington

WA4 6WU

I would, however, advise that you restart payment to Vodafone. Non payment will adversely affect your credit file, and Vodafone would be able to respond to any ombudsman complaint that you have failed to pay as per your terms and conditions of the contract. This may well go against you in any ombudsman complaint.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.