Does SAR Request Stop Further Action?

Paulyx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks....

Absolutely fabulous forum here, but I am struggling to clarify one thing and could do with a bit of help please?

I have sent out a load of SAR requests, and I thought that the credit card companies etc were supposed to stop any further action until they had complied with my request. As nothing seems to have happened yet (ie I sent them out over a week ago, and I still get loads of phone calls and letters etc (some of the letters are getting nastier and nastier) so I have concluded that the SAR request mustn't stop things 'in the process'.

Any comments please???:(

Hi Folks....

Absolutely fabulous forum here, but I am struggling to clarify one thing and could do with a bit of help please?

I have sent out a load of Subject Access Request requests, and I thought that the credit card companies etc were supposed to stop any further action until they had complied with my request. As nothing seems to have happened yet (ie I sent them out over a week ago, and I still get loads of phone calls and letters etc (some of the letters are getting nastier and nastier) so I have concluded that the Subject Access Request request mustn't stop things 'in the process'.

Any comments please???:(

Hi, a SAR is a formal request under the Data Protection Act that requires a data processor to supply you (the Data Subject) with a copy of all information that is held on you. Many people have used this to request bank and credit card statements for claiming back charges, hence it is best to be very specific in terms of your request and use a capture all statement (i.e. all information in both paper and electronic format).

They will not stop pestering you just because you have sent a SAR. Even when the account is in dispute (such as then not providing a valid agreement) will not stop calls and letters. Maybe you should request all correspondence in writing only and look at sending them an harassment letter.

Maybe if you posted more information about your situation then more specific help could be given?

I never thought SARs stopped anything.. only dispute letters would stop them harassing you?!

I could be wrong, but a SAR is just your legal right to view what information they hold on you - it isn't a red flag to them that you are going to dispute/claim from them :)

I hope this helps.