• Tweets

• Forgive my ignorance but I assume take out dates would be when next payment is usually due? Jacamo is the 10th of each month Vanquis is usually the 6th or 7th of each month
    • Dear Sir/Madam, TFL case number: **** I would like to thank TFL for providing me the opportunity to explain my behaviour. I realised the stupidity of what I have done and wish to seek a resolution to this matter. I have no valid excuse for this action and I am extremely sorry and deeply regret my action. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies. Nothing can justify my action. I am aware that TFL are only able to operate if everyone pays their fare correctly and I feel so guilty about attempting to breach public trust. This has caused me sleepness nights and raised my anxieties. I have history of anxiety. This has been a hard lesson learnt. I have never been in trouble with the law in the past and I ensure that I won’t be in the future. I am and will be using my oyster card (PAYG). I would like to humbly appeal to TFL to allow me to settle this matter out of court and avoid going to prosecution given the adverse consequences it can have on me and my family. I am very concerned that prosecution for the first time and I would like to make restitution for my action. Having a criminal offense on my record will have detrimental consequences on me. I have always been a law abiding person and have no previous offences. I would really appreciate if I can be given the opportunity to pay for any unpaid fares plus any charges and/or administrative cost which have been incurred by TFL due to this incident. I am sincerely remorseful and ashamed of myself, and I fully appreciate the severity and stupidity of my transgressions. Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. Yours Faithfully, My Name
    • the date is 19/04/24, so i have until 29/4/24 to reply? Yes, i will send my draft of my begging letter   
    • use the webform if it allows you to attach your evidential documents then do so but do that later depending upon who your bank is.... - but i suspect you will be referred to Mastercard. who is your bank? dx    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Drink Driving Medical

liverpool-paul
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i would start taking milk thistle do a google on it he helps to clean and repair the liver my GP told me about it when i was ill

you can get it from health shops

Regards DK

hello mate i have been taking milk thistle liquid form for about a month now, is it safe to take right up to your medical or will it show up in your blood or urine test,i have my medical next week and have been of the beer for 4 months.thanks jay.01438

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello mate i have been taking milk thistle liquid form for about a month now, is it safe to take right up to your medical or will it show up in your blood or urine test,i have my medical next week and have been of the beer for 4 months.thanks jay.01438

Its a health supplement and they dont test for it specifically. Best to declare it in your medical tho.

thanks brum no 1 ive been taking milk thistle just as a safety precaution as i aint drunk any alcohol in 4 months,trouble is if you declare it it dont sound very good they might think im a **** head,its now thursday and i have my medical on tuesday coming so if i stop taking the milk thistle now do you think it would be out of my system,passing this medical is a must everything depends on it,appriciate all the advice

no this is pure milk thistle in a bottle made out of 100% i felt the diffrence after 2 weeks and my gamma count droped my 50%

I took about 15ml a day of it

REgards DK

hello mate i have been taking milk thistle as well liquid form, did you declare it at your medical as i have my medical on tuesday coming but not sure whether to declare taking it or stop taking it now please advise appreciate all advice.jay.01438

Loggy-z is a relieved man today. I have got my license back and can drive from the 28th march. I had the medical as I previously mentioned. I rang the dvla the day they got my results and the medical department made the decision within 24hours. There was no contact made with my own doctor or any investigations into my previous medical history. My advice is don't drink for 14 days before the medical and do take pure milk thistle 3 times a day in that time. It seems to have worked for me. Next step is trying to get insurance. Good luck to all who still have to do the medical. I personally believe 90% of all driver have drank while over the limit, many the morning after without knowing. You will one day get caught, I for one have learned the hard way but learnt my lesson.

Loggy-Z, mate try using compare the market.com for insurance. I found the post office to be at least £200 cheaper than anyone else. Good Luck and congrats mate:).

Yogster

hello mate did you declare that you take milk thistle and can they trace it,i have been taking the same stuff i have my medical on tuesday but wasnt sure if they can trace it or not

thanks brum no 1 ive been taking milk thistle just as a safety precaution as i aint drunk any alcohol in 4 months,trouble is if you declare it it dont sound very good they might think im a **** head,its now thursday and i have my medical on tuesday coming so if i stop taking the milk thistle now do you think it would be out of my system,passing this medical is a must everything depends on it,appriciate all the advice

I can only tell you that I am taking it and I will declare it. If he asks why I will tell him the truth. Its good for liver function. If he reads more into it than that then I would be gob smacked mate.

You have demonstrated you can abstain when you choose to do so. On that basis having read up on loads of stuff on tinternet it I believe you have proven you are fit to drive.

You are less likely to ever drink drive then the masses given what you are going thru so my advice is chin up, try not to worry and be safe in the knowledge you have not got a drink problem.

Im in wednesday ,let me know how you get on.

I can only tell you that I am taking it and I will declare it. If he asks why I will tell him the truth. Its good for liver function. If he reads more into it than that then I would be gob smacked mate.

You have demonstrated you can abstain when you choose to do so. On that basis having read up on loads of stuff on tinternet it I believe you have proven you are fit to drive.

You are less likely to ever drink drive then the masses given what you are going thru so my advice is chin up, try not to worry and be safe in the knowledge you have not got a drink problem.

okay brum good luck for wednesday i will let you know how i get on cheers mate

hello mate did you declare that you take milk thistle and can they trace it,i have been taking the same stuff i have my medical on tuesday but wasnt sure if they can trace it or not

HI Jay..Stop worrying mate, by the sounds of it you have done all the right things by preparing for your medical after stopping drinking for as long as you have and by taking the milk thistle..I stopped for 5 months and took milk thistle on about 3 months of that..On the milk thistle thing, keep taking it up until the day before your medical, and i would not declare it, as i didnt..All it is, is a health supplement, and thats it..Just the same as taking a vitamin tablet everyday etc..

I think we all have this conception, including myself, that the dvla medical being as they are would look upon taking this AS HAVING SOME SOUGHT OF DRINKING PROBLEM, where as we know in ourselves that we have taken it just to make sure that any slight damage done to the liver through alcohol can be recovered and put the limits with which they test for in the correct ranges..Hope this settles you down a bit..Am sure you will pass with no problems at all, and expect your license through the post within 10 days of your medical..Happy driving :)

HI Jay..Stop worrying mate, by the sounds of it you have done all the right things by preparing for your medical after stopping drinking for as long as you have and by taking the milk thistle..I stopped for 5 months and took milk thistle on about 3 months of that..On the milk thistle thing, keep taking it up until the day before your medical, and i would not declare it, as i didnt..All it is, is a health supplement, and thats it..Just the same as taking a vitamin tablet everyday etc..

I think we all have this conception, including myself, that the dvla medical being as they are would look upon taking this AS HAVING SOME SOUGHT OF DRINKING PROBLEM, where as we know in ourselves that we have taken it just to make sure that any slight damage done to the liver through alcohol can be recovered and put the limits with which they test for in the correct ranges..Hope this settles you down a bit..Am sure you will pass with no problems at all, and expect your license through the post within 10 days of your medical..Happy driving :)

thanks liverpool-paul i have been reading your story it seems you have been threw the mill to get yours back,you say you got your licence back in ten days see my ban isnt up til july the 20th would they send it early

thanks liverpool-paul i have been reading your story it seems you have been threw the mill to get yours back,you say you got your licence back in ten days see my ban isnt up til july the 20th would they send it early

To my knowledge mate, i would say that they would send it out to you, but they will specify that your ban remains in place until that date..:)

hello brum been for my medical no questions about milk thistle or any suppliments so okay there,about ten questions all about drink and drugs do you or dont you basically,check height weight eye sight, reflexes,hearing, blood test and urine paid £96 quid waited about 20 min medical took about 25 min,hope this helps good luck for tomorrow.jay.01438

I had my medical wednesday, no hearing or reflex tests but i'm not reading anything into that. doctor was a miserable bugger but efficient. Tells me i'm in the system and will hear in three weeks time. Good luck, let me know how youget on. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

I had my medical wednesday, no hearing or reflex tests but i'm not reading anything into that. doctor was a miserable bugger but efficient. Tells me i'm in the system and will hear in three weeks time. Good luck, let me know how youget on. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

well i phoned dvla and they reckon 2 weeks,they will let us know were there good and ready,but my ban aint up til the 19th july so who knows?good luck anyway brum if i hear i will let you know.

Hiya boys had my medical last thursday. 'When i had a medical done a year ago after failure to provide dvla medical failed me but i had a med done by my own gp on the same day and his results would have passed me. however dvla renewed my license for a year on an annual basis (i didnt know they could do this). I got their medical by their doc and my own doc on the same day last week just in case their is any descripancies again. My gamma was 90 and and my alt 25. So that is a pass fingers crossed.

DVLA only renewed my license for a year and then I had to go for another medical which they paid for.

When I failed my gamma was 300. Massive.

300:shock:

you must have been radioactive.

Good luck with it. Hope it goes well.

When you get your licenses back get a quote from Mymotorquote.com they also trade as AA insurance. I got their details from my dvla driving course that I had to do to reduce my sentence. They charged me fully comp less than 300 quid and were defo the cheapest quote I got on an 8 year old car. They took my full no claims bonus into account even thou I had lost my license.

Take care

300:shock:

you must have been radioactive.

Good luck with it. Hope it goes well.

hello brum no 1 still aint heard anything from dvla coming up 3 weeks tuesday, i have phoned a few times but they said they aint got no details on screen yet,how about you mate have you heard anything yet

I rang them wednesday - 2 weeks to the day- and was told to ring back next friday if I have not had anything thru the post.

Am like a cat on a hot tin roof. Will be glad when it is done.

Let me know and good luck.

I rang them wednesday - 2 weeks to the day- and was told to ring back next friday if I have not had anything thru the post.

Am like a cat on a hot tin roof. Will be glad when it is done.

Let me know and good luck.

same they give you a load of bull on the phone but take your money quick enough,im going to ring again tomorrow see if they can put me out of my misery,they did say to me that if i dont hear by the time my ban is up i would be covered to drive from that date,yer right i aint driving til my licence is in my hand,will keep you informed

same they give you a load of bull on the phone but take your money quick enough,im going to ring again tomorrow see if they can put me out of my misery,they did say to me that if i dont hear by the time my ban is up i would be covered to drive from that date,yer right i aint driving til my licence is in my hand,will keep you informed

Hi jay..you are allowed to drive when your ban is up, even if your license has not come through the post, because the dvla are processing it..I know they are arse holes, but they are right on this one m8..I had the same a year ago when they were still processing mine..:)

Hi jay..you are allowed to drive when your ban is up, even if your license has not come through the post, because the dvla are processing it..I know they are arse holes, but they are right on this one m8..I had the same a year ago when they were still processing mine..:)

cheers liverpool-paul so what if you get a tug by the old bill do they send you a letter or something to cover you til its processed

as if they dont have long enough to proccess it they do make you laugh