Help regarding a barclays default,

jakemuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Back in 2007 i had a business account with barclays, There was fraud on it which wasnt investigated properly by barlcays, so stupidly i refused to pay anything into the account, As it had gone O/D unathourised i may add.

I did not hear anythign from barclays, Until i got my credit report online i saw a default had been issued on me in 2007.

I called barclays asked for lack of contact they claim a female at the address told them i moved, Which is a totaly lie, And they know this as my current personal account is registered here ! and they statements regarding that.

They sent me a copy of a letter which is a termination notice,

goes along lines of this,

type of agreement: Overdraft - (that correct when unauth) ?

TERMINATION NOTICE

Issued in accordance with Sections 76(1) and 98 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1874,

It then goes on to say in a jist, That if i dont setlle the balance on the account it may get passed to the branch recovery unit, with view for recovery action,

It then says this,

Additionaly its the bank's intention to register details of your account credit reference agencys,

It doesnt mention anywhere a default and this was the only letter they issued me.

Know the recoveries unit have said ok it was fraud pay us the difference ie 200 quid, and we will call it quits, Seems very tempting but im waiting for clarification on the default removal ?

If it helps i could scan the letter,

Anyone advise

ammount is 600 quid