What happened to that experiment?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anybody know how the experiment is going that started a couple of months ago. You know the one, that was being done underground that was supposed to cause the end of the world:rolleyes:

I can't find any info on it and I haven't finished building my 'end of the world shelter' in my garden yet

any updates?

Happyfeet:)

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me

The Large Hadron Collider had a fault in an electrical connection between two magnets that caused the experiment to be halted for a few months. The fault led to mechanical damage and a release of liquid helium, which contributed to further damage.

If you want to know more, you can email the press officer here:

[email protected]

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks ukaviator, sounds like it's not going so well then. I just found it funny how one minute we're being told the worlds going to end then the next we hear nothing for months

SOD'EM - :D, I still have debts in my imagination!! ahh!:mad:

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

I read last week, it'll be repaired by June 09. IIRC, they had to warm it up very slowly to avoid thermal shock within its components (it operates at -273 or something a bit chilly), then they have to repair it and then cool it down again.

Nice to see money is being spent well!

I hope this will have a major benefit to future generations.

I was hoping they'd given up:(

The Large Hadron Collider had a fault in an electrical connection between two magnets that caused the experiment to be halted for a few months. The fault led to mechanical damage and a release of liquid helium, which contributed to further damage.

It doesn't instill a lot of confidence that they actually know what they are doing :cool:

• 10 months later...

Oh dear :rolleyes:

Bird foils Large Hadron Collider from destroying us all:

Bird foils Large Hadron Collider from destroying us all | MNN - Mother Nature Network

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

A piece of bread :rolleyes:

not much progress in a year then, I've still not finished my 'end of the world' shelter, doesn't look like I'll need it anyway lol

I think I heard that they will have it running on December 21 2012:eek::D:eek:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I heard that they started live tests, last month.

I believe that the Large Hadron Collider did, in fact, produce a small black hole....... which swallowed the collider, leaving only the Cheshire Cat's smile....20090725172617.jpg........ which slowly faded away, leaving only a faint smell of pilchards.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

:lol:

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The News Quiz were recently taking the proverbial out of one of the gutter press, who had featured a story suggesting that the Higs-Boson particle is so abhorrent to nature that - get this - the LHC is sabotaging itself from the future to ensure the particle is never brought into being.

Personally I rather like the idea of our curiosity, Pandora-like, leading to our ultimate destruction, but that might just be my natural dislike for human civilisation in general...

Oh it's working again .... we are Doomed, Doomed .. .

Researchers working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) say they are delighted with the progress made since the machine restarted on Friday.

BBC News - Large Hadron Collider progress delights researchers

WARNING TO ALL

Oh it's working again .... we are Doomed, Doomed .. .

frazer.jpg

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

It can make one of those tiny things that are so dense that nothing can escape from it,

Or as we call it Katy Price

MEEEOW:D:D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE