barclays cdl

jayjay11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Could someone please advise.

I sent a CCa request and follo up letter to barclays for a Career Development Loan in sept/Oct and had no reply or further contact from them. since then i have moved and had my mail redirected, still nothing,the redirection is ending soon so should i inform of a new address ?? or could this remind them they havent complied and stir them into action??? Views/advice please

Hi JJ,

Are you making monthly payments on this at the mo.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi JJ,

I'd write to them and advise of the new address.

Also, enclose a copy of the letter pointing out their failure to comply with your CCA request, and how they cannot now demand pay't, etc until they DO comply.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi JJ,

Do you mind if I ask, did you stop payments BECAUSE they didn't comply with the CCA reuqest? Aren't they demanding payment/registering defaults against your credit file etc?

The reason I ask is because they haven't complied with my CCA request for 2 months but are still taking payments out of my account and I really want to cancel the DD mandate.

Thanks,

RD

Further to the above ive had a thought :eek: After taking out the CDL the company suppling the training went out of buisness and i stopped the course even though they were taken over .. The thing is i contacted b'clays and asked if i could extend the loan to reduce payments i was never sent a new agreement to sign just a letter saying they agreed to the change So should i have signed a new agreement ??? if so what if they send a cca for the original agreement ??? Advise /views please ..

See what they come back with and take it from there.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

I've asked for this to be checked for you.

Hi JJ,

You should check first to see if any penalty charges have been added to the a/c and get these refunded.

Send off an SAR if you think there may be penalties but don't have a/c statements.

Any refund could be used to reduce the balance and you would then have better starting point to negotiate a F&F settlement.

Speak to them and ask why no statements.

Unless they promise to send them all immediately, send a SAR with the £10 fee.

If you apply for the statements using a SAR, they must comply and supply you with the data you require.

The easiest way for them to do this is to sent copy statements.

• 1 month later...

Got my SAR from barclays today and was supprised to see this on the last page This could explain why they havent chased me and could someone let me know Is this proof to use in future if they do chase me that its paid ???

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo194/jayjay1105_2008/CDLstatement.jpg

The date the accounnt was closed was about 2 weeks after my CCA request landed nothing has been said since!!

Edited by jayjay11
add text

jayjay

They have closed the account and transfered the balance elsewhere. Either they have written it off or (more likely) sold it to a DCA. However, if they have done either without sending a proper default notice they are acting unlawfully. In the first case, it could well be ulawful recision of contract, in the second, a violation of ss87/88 of the CCA 1974.