Disciplinary next Monday - Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

various other punishments?, such as what?.

your employer does have the right to punish you if you have committed misconduct, but not be punitive in their punishment.

also, what is to be done about your complaint?, are they disregarding it?, if so, what reason has been given.

you do realise that you have the right to appeal against this decision if it is not agreeable dont you?.

demotion (no loss of salary) and moving teams away from the boss I complained about (and therefore also working location)...

And yes, will wait till tomorrow and for the dust to settle before deciding on exactly which bits to appeal against..

I assume if I appeal it won't result in my punishment being even worse?

As for the boss I complained against, it appears that he'll get away with it...

demotion (no loss of salary) and moving teams away from the boss I complained about (and therefore also working location)...

hmm, this isnt too bad, i assume when you say "moving working location" you mean geographically, or do you mean you are being moved to another department within the same building?.

if they are moving you geographically, is this going to cause you any problems at all?.

And yes, will wait till tomorrow and for the dust to settle before deciding on exactly which bits to appeal against..

I assume if I appeal it won't result in my punishment being even worse?

As for the boss I complained against, it appears that he'll get away with it...

assuming that you are being moved away from him, will he, in any way have any impact on your continued work?, if so, then i would follow up your complaint, if not, then i would just leave it at that, and quite possibly make some subtle enquiries in your own time about maybe getting a job somewhere else.

hmm, this isnt too bad, i assume when you say "moving working location" you mean geographically, or do you mean you are being moved to another department within the same building?.

if they are moving you geographically, is this going to cause you any problems at all?.

Yes geographically, but not enough to cause me any problems...

assuming that you are being moved away from him, will he, in any way have any impact on your continued work?, if so, then i would follow up your complaint, if not, then i would just leave it at that, and quite possibly make some subtle enquiries in your own time about maybe getting a job somewhere else.

and no.. I'm being moved right away from him.. Completely new department, hopefully no more contact with him.. So best to let it lie for now.. It's up to the people left behind to stand up to him now..

Meanwhile I shall apply for jobs externally... but at least I am still employed meanwhile..

oh well, that sounds all good to me, hopefully this wont have some sort of knock on effect at your new place of work.

good luck in the future!:lol::lol::lol:

Thank you.. It's not been the best few weeks, but todays result is so much better than it could have been, so will look on the bright side... :)

Glad you have got it over with. Hopefully this will turn out to be a good result for you.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Glad you have got it over with. Hopefully this will turn out to be a good result for you.

Thank you.. Long term it really will be.. Just got to get on with it now.. :D

if you were to appeal against it, beware they can make it higher. so could be sacked..all depends on how the next person up the chain sees it... this is fact...i have been a union rep.........but i will say. i think you have been singled out..seems a tad harsh for just talking....as long as it was not swearing and such about him

if you were to appeal against it, beware they can make it higher. so could be sacked..all depends on how the next person up the chain sees it... this is fact...i have been a union rep.........but i will say. i think you have been singled out..seems a tad harsh for just talking....as long as it was not swearing and such about him

Yes, thank you, I agree, quite harsh.. No swearing, just chatting about what we thought about him (and he was in my opinion bullying me so I had an opinion!!) And yes, that was another question I was going to ask before appealing, could my punishment get worse if I appeal.. And if you say it can, it really isn't worth appealing.. I need a salary to pay my mortgage, if only to keep a roof over my children's heads...

it all comes down to how you really feel about it and your princeples. if you have worked there for more than 12 months you have the right to claim unfair dismissle if you were to appeal and get sacked. you also have the right to resign detailing why you feel you can no longer work there,because you feel you have been bullied and when you complained you were hauled before them and given a final written and ending the letter.thats the reason you can no longer work for them because of the way you have been treated and clain constructive dismissle, and claim for unfair dismissle. but i would only advise this once you have secured another job. you can resign and claim constructive dismissle and you have 3 months in which to file your claim same as if you were to be sacked......hope this helps....

power to the people