Finally done it Bankruptcy that is.... Thank You

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello well i have finally gone BR. I am so relieved. All i have to do now is wait for the OR to send letter asking for some bits and enclosed will be the time and day of my telephone interview(little nervous).

I really do not know what i was so worried about??

For anyone in the same boat, thinking about BR etc... please see my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/formal-solutions-bankruptcy-administration/160299-bankruptcy-advice-questions.html

lots of bits in that. I had so many threads as i had so many questions.

Also i have managed to open a cash builder account with co op this afternoon after going bankrupt. I explained my situation and the lad on the phone was very helpful 08456027057. With this account i get internet banking, the ability to pay direct debits and standing orders, an electron card. Also do not worry if you do not have a co op branch near by (my nearest is 50 miles away) you can use the post office to pay in money, cheques and withdraw cash.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has helped me on here including: phat256, fermi, 42man, sugarbabe47, gizmo111, palomino the list goes on. But thank you all of you. Without this site i do not know what i would have done throughout the process.

If i knew where you all were i'd buy you a drink. Also if i happen to be lucky enough at some point to have any extra money i will be donating to the site.

I will keep you posted.

Remember there is light at the end of the tunnel and people are about to help. I am looking forward to my fresh start and rebuilding my life without feeling sick ever day and wondering how i will pay this creditor and that.

Thank you everyone.:p

• Haha 1

Glad to be of some help. And glad it all went OK.

And thanks for keeping us posted. Now you've been through the mill you will be able to offer the benefits of your experience to others.

Also, make the donation a bit bigger - I'm teetotal. :)

Best of luck for the future.

• Haha 1

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hey you!! Your post sounds so happy if that makes sense! Well done!! You give me hope that I will be ok as I am in court thursday 10a.m. gulp. As bad as BR feels I think ours has come at the best time as hubby has lost overtime and the threats have started. Have emptyed out nationwide, kept some money at home and put enough in the new cash account with barclays to cover the newley set-up direct debit instructions. If the OR decides to freeze this I wont be happy but then I will have to open up a co-op account or hope barclays is unfrozen in time for the dd's due at the end of the month. Cripes I am petrified and excll at once. My nerves are shot to pieces but I will be so glad to stop hiding from the postman and to be able to answer the phone will be enlightening. I feel alone so please spare a thought for us this week.

Anyway GS well bluddy done!!!!!

All the very best to you

Hazel

xxxx

hey boston. dont worry too much.

hopefully the OR will not be interested in your basic barclays account, and barclays are one of the 2 that will accept BR's. So fingers crossed. May be worth getting the ball rolling with the co op acc.

I have my telephone interview on Monday, i have just filled in some paperwork ref tax and Ni, and got my wages slips and bank statements etc ready to post in the morn. I will defo feel even better after the phone interview as it is all well and truely over by then.

I will think of you tomorrow. Remember it isnt as bad as you think.

It will all be over soon.

;)

hi phat yeh will do, sent off all the guff today wage slips and all info i have. Not as nervous about Monday, at the moment anyway! No doubt i'll be nervous on Monday once thats done its done i guess.

Also i wasnt in the public notices of my local papers???;)

gemoni it takes a little while to appaer in the public notices to date i have still too see mine lol and i was made Br in july 2008 .

don't worry abvout the OR usually they are friendly .. what surprise me is the amount of infos they had collected on me at my interview some related to many years agos

Ok the phone call is all done and dusted and was not as bad as i thought. The lady was very nice and didnt ask as much as i thought she worried.

I have one area of concern, i wrote on my list of creditors that i had purchased items from a catalogue to pay for rent and living expenses. This was when i was out of work from october 07 to feb 08. This is not for a vast sum i think it was a sat nav and 2 digital cameras maybe around 800 in total, which i then sold on ebay.

The lady on the phone who was not the main OR but one of her assistants? said this would be flagged and looked at further. She did say however not to worry too much as it would seem to only be for a small amount in order to survive. But as i did not pay for the goods it has to be flagged. Does this mean they may go for a BRU? I really hope not, if they do when would i know?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks again everyone.:)

don;t worry about it genmimin star i was told by my OR that i will receive a BRO for taking a consolidation loan a year before my BR and as such i knew i was insolvent and why it ook on a loan when i knew i could not repay it,... my OR was very thorough ! and using my overdraft / credit card to buy food and pay my bill ... nothing happend actaully they are putting me for early discharge !

How long does is it take for all creditors to hear about my BR?

I ask as my partner called the council ref our outstanding ctax and they had not received any info as yet. I went BR 2 weeks tmr.

They have asked for a copy of my petition so they can amend the bill to only be in my partners name.

How long does is it take for all creditors to hear about my BR?

It can take up to 8 weeks for the OR to let them all know.

Anything urgent, then it is best to do it yourself.

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]