Cant VT becuase of a default? HELP!

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4332 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi i knew my car finance was coming up to be paid 1/2 so i could VT. I sent a letter to the company asking when i could return the car, they responed saying that i could VT, but i owed the 6 hundred and odd pounds, roughley 2 payments, and when it was paid to contact their inspector to arrange a time and date to return the vehicle for inspection. I asked them if i could buy the car from them but was told that if i wanted to keep it just to continue with the payments. The car is worth a hell of a lot less than what i owe on it. I rang the inspector yeturday who said i could buy it from them and he would get me a price for the car. He rang me back today and said that unfortunatley i cant VT because the finance company had defaulted my account ( 2 missed payment ) and had instructed a repo company to come and collect the car!! I rang them straight away and paid the 2 payments and asked why i had not been contacted? They told me they had contacted me, turns out to my old address ( i moved 8 weeks ago and sent them a letter with my new contact details, which they say they never received) I Was told that i had missed 2 payments and was in breach of the contract and a default had been issued and i did not respond, and that VT IS NOW NO LONGER AN OPTION. They tell me i have to carry on paying 330 per month for another 2 years for a car that is worth 2k! It looks like i am now stuck with 7500 of debt for a car that is worth 2k unless there is some way i can get out of this?

Any help would be greatley appreciated

thanks

Edited by winslo
more info

Hello winslo,

First things first, they are correct in the fact you cannot VT while under a default notice but once this expires you should be able to as far as I am aware.

Where are the two payments from and when? reading through I was a little confused by this. If you owe these payments, you can make them up but they cannot refuse you the right to terminate the agreement. There are letters available on this site which can help you with this.

I will advise to do everything in writing as this is easier to recount if it ever goes to court.

can you clarify who the agreement is with, and the circumstances in which you are trying to VT.

The default notice was issued on the 16th december, ten days after it becomes official.......the payments are now paid as of last week, but they refuse to let me VT.

The HP is with park motor finance and the reason for VT is i owe 7500 and the car is worth around 3k, i have paid 50% of the total agreement already.

cheers