HELP!! need advice on offer letter

cho-san
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have a £2800 debt with Barclays that has been passed onto a credit agency from then the debt has increased to £4000, after speaking to them regarding my situation they have agreed to settle the debt allowing me to pay £2200 in one lump sum.

In the settlement letter they only stated "we agreed to accept £2200 in full settlement of the debt", my question is that is this enough to prevent them from passing this debt onto other agencies or to continue to chase up on the remaining debt? as I know the legal term is "full and final settlment".

In addition I have just noticed that the agreement number referenced does not match my Barclard Card number that I owed too! I previously had another debt which did have a matching agreement number to the card number. Does this matter?

Please help!! thank you in advance.

Cho

Do not even consider paying such a ludicrous amount of money upfront like that.

Its up to you what you pay, not them.:rolleyes:

Do not be bullied or intimidatd by them.

Either pay a small amount - £1 per month or something like that or tell em to get lost & let them take you to a county court, were you have all the laws of the land on your side ;)

Thanks for the quick response but I am actually happy to pay a sum of £2200 as at the end of the day I did spend this money. My concerns are whether this payment would end this completely.

Appreciate any other comments!

I have instructed them to re-send the letter stating all the proper terms and they have happily agreed. Thanks for pointing out they pay 10%-30% (good for future ref although I hope I won't b in debt again lol), my guess was they pay 50% but I'm totally comfortable with the amount agreed.

Thanks a lot!