housing benefit???????

xxmissxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im entitled to housing benefit, i was wanting to know if it also pays deposits?

iv just viewed a private house to rent and really want it, only thing is i have to pay a month and a half's rent in deposit and a months rent in advance, plus agency fee's , all in all im talking about 1,400 pounds to pay upfront before i even move in, my grandads offered to lend me the money considering i get it back to him. so even if he lent me the money, would housing benefits or some other grant or scheme pay it back in backpayments? also do i get a grant for furniture when i move in? thanks in advance.

:-D:p xxmissxx:p :-D

You would get help from the social fund i now that local councils also give you money to help with the cost of decoration, I have never heard of the giving people a deposit, Also if you have a PC draw up a contract between you and your grandad go onto Start Calculation and enter you details it will help you work out what help you will get

Regards DK

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

Hi. Some councils have a deposit scheme, where they give you an interest free loan and you pay it back in instalments. It can be possible to get rent in advance from the social fund if you meet the criteria. Get in touch with our local council and ask them. Good luck, I hope it works out for you! P.S Shelter may also be able to give you some advice.

Hi,

Some councils also do a rent deposit scheme where no money changes hands.

If a landlord is agreeable, the council will guarantee the payment of the deposit and should you leave a property at the end of your tenancy in a state where you would normally lose your deposit, the council would then pay the landlord and chase you.

You would have to sign an agreement with the council whic is legally binding.

Not very many councils do this but it's worth checking

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE