HSBC ignoring my complaint

mikek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The 14 day deadline from my preliminary letter is up tomorrow and have had no response at all. I am continuing with my LBA on Tuesday. I will keep you up to date with my claim.

Will HSBC request immediate repayment of my Overdraft as a result of my complaint?

it is possible that if on completion of your action, they request that you find alternative financial arrangements, they would also require he overdraft to be repaid, however there are lots of ifs and buts there,

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

I had £40 of charges refunded last year with a simple complaint letter to my branch. My new claim is under £300. Does this constitute a second claim? I also have one of their credit cards and I am still using their overdraft. I cannot possibly pay the Credit card off and will be very difficult to pay the overdraft back now.

Guest lauram

Hi,

We're at exactly the same stage. I have also had no response and my LBA goes out tomorrow.

I have also had charges refunded in the past after the odd complaint, but just claimed for all the other.

I stopped using my HSBC account a while ago. I had an overdraft at the time and transferred the funds after pay day and got my wages paid into another bank, leaving this 'debt' behind.

Then I agreed a plan with them to pay it off at £20 a month.

They were ok about it - but I wasn't threatening to take them to court at the time!!

Good luck - please post how you get on!!

Still nothing in the post today and the 14 days are up. Next step is LBA. Now, do I do it now? I have to be away for a few weeks and do not want to wonder what might have arrived at home. I do not want my flatmates to open statements, letters etc. Will this weaken my claim if I leave it to the end of August? Should I send off a letter saying that I will deal with their correspondence after I come back?