statement query...

tommyt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi fellow justice fighters,

I have just received my HSBC statements for the last 6 years. I have had a graduate OD running in this period and have exceeded it numerous times. However I cannot find any charges that relate to this on my statements. The only charge the bank seems to be taking are the "DR INTEREST" Charges - and these vary month to month. Is it these that I add up?

Many Thanks

thats strange. the charges you can reclaim are for bouncing cheques, card misuse and total charges. on my statements they added all my charges for going over into one charge and applied it at once (probably so they could help themselves to another charge the next month:mad: ).

i believe its possible, but extremely complicated to add up the interest from the date of individual charges and claim them now, but most people are not because it doesnt amount to very much.you cannot reclaim all of the interest presumably because some of that is legal as set out in terms and conditions of overdraft etc etc.

i'd say check again for charges described as total charges and leave them interest until filing with mcol

thats strange. the charges you can reclaim are for bouncing cheques, card misuse and total charges. on my statements they added all my charges for going over into one charge and applied it at once (probably so they could help themselves to another charge the next month:mad: ).

i believe its possible, but extremely complicated to add up the interest from the date of individual charges and claim them now, but most people are not because it doesnt amount to very much.you cannot reclaim all of the interest presumably because some of that is legal as set out in terms and conditions of overdraft etc etc.

i'd say check again for charges described as total charges and leave them interest until filing with mcol

I have searched through all the pages and can only find one charge over the past 6 years which relates to what you are saying - i think it was a bounced check "REVERSAL" charge. Other than this there does not seem to be any other charges only "DR INTEREST" every month. I have almost always been over or at the brink of my overdraft.

welel maybe they haven't charged you?

no, thats silly, they must be concealing it :)

id suggest you pm one of the mods, maverick and crusher were really helpful to me

I think so too... I'll drop them a PM.

Thanks matey.

how much was the dr- interest , amounting to?

you're absolutely sure you went over your o/d? hmm....... sometimes the bank used to in the past have some leeway (sp?) over the charges, i had some refunded years ago , ofcourse they cant do it anymore, but maybe they looked at your accoutn and thought , well he looks

ok lets not charge him,

ok you can stop laughing now

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation