Ripped Off by Buyer and Paypal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i sold a tshirt over a month ago. recieved payment straight away, had a few emails with the buyer about how pleased she was to win, and i sent the item.

a month later, paypal have taken the money with no explanation.

i phoned them yesterday to be told a fradulant card was used for payment, and i have no protection whatsoever.

this buyer now has my item, god knows where my money is AND SHE IS STILL BEING ALLOWED TO TRADE ON EBAY. angry.gif

what can i do?

the buyer is in spain, and has fabulous feedback.

i am livid and my paypal account is well into negative because of this.

Did you post to a confirmed address?

Was the packaged signed for?

Have 45 days elasped since the sale if not report them to ebay

http://rebulk.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateDispute&hc=1&hm=uu.r%60can667

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

Right - keep complaining to paypal.. send e-mails.. with evidence of e-mails she sent you etc. Check the ebay address against the paypal address - are they the same?

I had this problem, and kept on at them, made a big complaint.. and a couple of months later the money was refunded to me - no e-mail about it, or apology, but at least we got money back.

Go to ebay.com, not ebay.co.uk, and go to the resolution/customer services department. Look for the online representative link, click on it, enter ebay user name, and you should be connected to an online customer services rep. They should be able to help further.

If ebay can't help, carry on harrassing paypal - show them evidence of the buyer's feedback etc...

Cahoot

JBD issued - 27/07/06, warrant issued 08/08/06

First Direct

Settled in Full

Capital One

Prelim Sent

Citi Financial

Offer of difference betwen £30 and £12

GE Capital - Evans Card, Data Protection Act

Argos Card, DPA

Barclay Card, 8th May-DPA, 14th July- 2nd DPA (asking complete history!!)

Egg Card & Egg Loan,DPA

NatWest Card

LBA

Vodfone

3rd letter re: default

Studio & Ace

Prelim for Studio e-mailed

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Did you post to a confirmed address?

Was the packaged signed for?

Have 45 days elasped since the sale if not report them to ebay

http://rebulk.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateDispute&hc=1&hm=uu.r%60can667

you cant have a confirmed address in spain.

trackable delivery is only applicable to paypal cover if the item is going to the uk or usa.

ive just tried to report it to ebay its is already been 45 days, apparently.

i only found out yesterday.

I'm worried about this as I haven't sent off my item yet but...

She has paid through Paypal with an eCheque not cleared ( I'm waiting for it to clear before I send ) but the address i'm sending to is the same on Paypal and eBay but it is unconfirmed - I am illegible for paypals protection - chargebacks!

ARaaaagh What can I do so I don't get a chargeback in a month or something... this buyer has been registered since JAn 06 but this is their first purchase.... ie no feedback

Help me to help others!

E cheques are transfers from the buyers bank account I would wait until it clears completely if any doubt ring paypal

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

i sold a tshirt over a month ago. recieved payment straight away, had a few emails with the buyer about how pleased she was to win, and i sent the item.

a month later, paypal have taken the money with no explanation.

i phoned them yesterday to be told a fradulant card was used for payment, and i have no protection whatsoever.

this buyer now has my item, god knows where my money is AND SHE IS STILL BEING ALLOWED TO TRADE ON EBAY. angry.gif

what can i do?

the buyer is in spain, and has fabulous feedback.

i am livid and my paypal account is well into negative because of this.

Have you tried contacting the buyer about it?

It may be a simple misunderstanding.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Have you tried contacting the buyer about it?

It may be a simple misunderstanding.

well ive emailed numerous times and nowt.

there is a number on her account that vaguely resembles a telephone number, so i will give that a go next.

I have just sold a phone for £270 to some guy in italy, sen the phone off recorded international signed for and insured.

the guy says he has not recieved it, royal mail say they cant help me, paypal have taken his money, and i think im going mad.

Any ideas?

I do not ship to Italy anymore due to the amount of things that go "missing"

the guy says he has not recieved it, royal mail say they cant help me, paypal have taken his money, and i think im going mad.

I would now preceed to claim from Royal Mail for the loss as they have a duty to

ensure that your parcel reachs its destination

Unfortunately, mobile phones are no longer covered by Royal Mail's compensation policy if sent using International Signed For.

Also, I don't believe they can tell you if it has been delivered as the item is only tracked until it leaves the UK.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

So effectivly, they have sold me a service that does not exist.

When i was at the post office i asked if it was recorded signed for and i would get conformation.

So i sent it.

GGrrrrrrrrr, ill start the claim with her majestys mail.

Right..........................

just got email from paypal and they have sided with the buyer, so they have give him his money back.

so im about 500/600 down at the mo, as i also dont have a phone.

I may have grief, im disputing it and faxing them again the relevant tracking information, as they cant have liased with the italian mail service, which the pricks needs to do.

also gonna have to start a claim with royal mail, but does anyone know of any cases like this and what i should tell them once it starts getting out of hand.

I just wanna hit someone now. :mad:

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I don't think you're going to get much joy with this.

Paypal won't do anything unless you can prove the item has been delivered, and you have used a service which isn't tracked after it's left the UK.

Royal Mail won't be able to tell you if it's been delivered, and also as the contents of the item are 'prohibited' they won't pay you any compensation either.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I don't think you're going to get much joy with this.

Paypal won't do anything unless you can prove the item has been delivered, and you have used a service which isn't tracked after it's left the UK.

Royal Mail won't be able to tell you if it's been delivered, and also as the contents of the item are 'prohibited' they won't pay you any compensation either.

Paypal told me that anything going overseas should be sent by courier if i want to be covered.

they are an absolute joke.

yes, how did you know?

little bit of digging

Looks like your buyer is an expat although see doesn't appear to be buying or selling for the last month which would explain not replying to you emails

It could be a simple mis understanding if shes lost or had her credit card stolen

her provider could have put a stop on all her purchases

you have her address why not try writing to her

If you need any more help let me know;)

So effectivly, they have sold me a service that does not exist.

When i was at the post office i asked if it was recorded signed for and i would get conformation.

So i sent it.

GGrrrrrrrrr, ill start the claim with her majestys mail.

According to the Royal Mail Website

For just £3.50 on top of the normal postage price for your item, you can enjoy the global reach and re-assurance of our International Signed For service.

This price includes up to £32 compensation in the unlikely event that your mail is lost or damaged en route. Additional compensation is available up to £250* or £500* depending on the destination.

*Please note that from the 18th May 2006, the maximum compensation for any cash, currency notes, securities and travellers cheques sent via International Signed For will be £100. Also from the same date additional cover will not be available for mobile telephones where the maximum compensation will be £32.

You're probably going to struggle with your claim...Unless you can show it *wasn't* a mobile telephone