Being chased by many Debt Collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can any one tell me how to get debt collectors to stop chasing me?

At the moment the following are chasing by mail/phone

Parkside Investigation Bureau

Power2Contact

Moorcroft

Capquest

ARC Europe

Lloyds TSB

1st Credit

NPower

Connaught Collections

Robinson Way

They ring at all times of the day from 8am and it's 7 days a week.

It's driving me up the wall and I just want them to stop. I've looked everywhere but nobody seems interested in helping.

I do not and never have had any form of credit.

I have never been a customer of any of those companies many of whom, e.g. NPower just address their payment demands to "The Occupier"

We are registered with the TPS but that doesn't seem to make any difference to these people bombarding us with phone calls.

Power2Contact

Moorcroft

Capquest

ARC Europe

Lloyds TSB

1st Credit

NPower

Connaught Collections

Robinson Way

Is that all?

Ive got every DCA in the land after me :D

All of those have 1 thing in common - each as useless & powerless as each other.:roll:

They have no legal powers whatsoever other than to take you to a county court & as it will cost them money, they wont do that & it wouldnt be worth their while just to get back a £1 per month or something.

There are a number of things you can do initially....firstly, refuse to answer any security questions when they phone you & refuse to be bullied/intimidated by them - they will say anything to get you to pay up.

As well as going down the leagl route of making them leave you alone, of which others should be along soon with official letters/compliants etc..you also have to fight fire with fire - by that i mean start telling them to f off on the phone & carry on doing so...once they see they are getting nowhere with you, they will soon leave you alone - take that from me ;)

Hi and welcome, you'r ein exactly the right place.

First off start by having a read of http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131475-dealing-dcas-phone-calls.html

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

I have never been a customer of any of those companies many of whom, e.g. NPower just address their payment demands to "The Occupier"

TPS just stops unwanted marketing calls.

If you don't owe any of these companies or their clients anything, why are they pursuing you? Do they think you are someone else - it's quite common for these creatures to send phishing letters to many people with the same name and initial as someone they are trying to trace; are they chasing because someone else (e.g. a previous occupier) has used the address?

They are a nuisance, but they can be stopped. How this is achieved depens to an extent upon whether or not you are actually the individual they are after.

Hi can any one tell me how to get debt collectors to stop chasing me?

At the moment the following are chasing by mail/phone

Power2Contact

Moorcroft

Capquest

ARC Europe

Lloyds TSB

1st Credit

NPower

Connaught Collections

Robinson Way

They ring at all times of the day from 8am and it's 7 days a week.

It's driving me up the wall and I just want them to stop. I've looked everywhere but nobody seems interested in helping.

We are registered with the TPS but that doesn't seem to make any difference to these people bombarding us with phone calls.

if by mail and it is addressed to the occupier, simply send it back.

if by phone send them this

Dear Sirs

Harassment by telephone

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

also until they get this letter just put the phone down and stop talking to the creatures.

if has you say you have never had credit then I would check your credit file to see if there is a case of identity theft going on, just a thought

If they ask by name for somebody other than you....politely but firmly say that they do not live there any more, and can they please not call this number again, and if they call again, you will write to complain and charge £20 for doing so. (Keep a log of the times and dates of the calls)

1. This sounds like a case of mistaken identity and you should respond accordingly.

For those who write to you simply say you have no knowledge of any debt owed to the creditor and believe they are looking for some-one else, possibly with a similar name.

Ignore the telephone calls - just don't answer them. If you can afford it then I suggest buying a Truecall call recorder which has the advantage (amongst many other things) of being able to block specified numbers for you. I've just bought one (arrived yesterday) but haven't had it long enough to see how well it works. Incidentally there is CAG offer for the call recorder part if you buy the main unit. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=167&a=143

2. The telephone preference service is for sales calls, not debt collection calls.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)