MET Parking Charge Notice Mcdonalds Stansted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was touched on by a poster a few pages back, and i now notice that 'Parking Eye' are using similar words, ie stating that if you return to one of the car parks that they are [causing problems], and that you have an unpaid pcn with them, then your car WILL BE CLAMPED and the fee is large etc etc.

Anyone got any comments to add to this?

Obviously if you sell your car and the new owner comes out from shopping/burger eating and finds the car clamped there's a problem, but have they actually got the gonads to do this? Ie clamp a car with a 'illegal' pcn on it?

Irrelevant as to whether the original "pcn" was valid or not, it is illegal to clamp a car regarding a previous debt, even if the previous debt is legally owed. (exception of course is where the case has been to court and bailiffs appointed)

I think this thread name should be changed with McDonalds at the front of the title as it is not showing at the top of a Google search.

Practically everything on CAG comes at the top of a Google search, but McDonalds linked to CAG does not even come up in the first 10 pages..

It also says on athe BBC:

"The original £50 charge had been supersized to £150 pounds and now, MET Parking's solicitors are threatening court action and have added another £200 in court costs."

So how can they add cort costs without it going to court.

Edited by Conniff

Is it worth mass mailing the watchdog inbox with some accurate details? Aside from the "ignore them" message of course ;)

Not a council ticket, blah blah, they lost no money, blah blah, no lost income = no court case, etc, etc

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

DPA letter delivered by hand 04/04/06

Statement request confirmed & DPA payment refunded! 06/04/06

did anyone notice on watchdog, there was a threat to issue a parking ticket because someone was filming the car ???????????

Was wishing one of the crew would grow a pair and ask some proper question when they tried that!

Steve, xxxxx, UK

Barclays

DPA letter delivered by hand 04/04/06

Statement request confirmed & DPA payment refunded! 06/04/06

I was a bit disappointed with the way Watchdog dealt with the McDonalds/MET item on their programme. They made too much of a joke of what is a worrying encounter for many who get caught by the likes of MET. Watchdog quoted Mcdonalds as saying that they are reviewing their system. It will be interesting to see the outcome of that review. Don't hold your breath.

Hi

I have just received a MET PCN, Although everyone on this site and others are saying to ignore letters as they can't take to court as they have not incurred any losses ECT, How about the charge of £2.50 That MET have to pay DVLA to get my details, Can anyone shed any light on this and am I going to be doing the right thing by ignoring these [problematic],

Many Thanks

:eek:'Bealus':eek:

Hi

I have just received a MET PCN, Although everyone on this site and others are saying to ignore letters as they can't take to court as they have not incurred any losses ECT, How about the charge of £2.50 That MET have to pay DVLA to get my details, Can anyone shed any light on this and am I going to be doing the right thing by ignoring these [problematic],

Many Thanks

:eek:'Bealus':eek:

All that means is that they have wasted £2.50 on a pointless exercise.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

McDonalds are still playing a straight bat to any communication on this subject. They just don't want to know. I think this PCN business has got out of hand and with the bad publicity that McD received via Watchdog and the mountain of complaints they must have received from "victims" they must be struggling to know what they can do about using the likes of MET. I know McD are a multi million dollar organisation but the people at the top can't be happy about the bad name they are getting from TV and in the press by associating themselves with MET. By the way I haven't heard from MET for a while now.

All that means is that they have wasted £2.50 on a pointless exercise.

Plus the postage, cost of paper, printing, etc. of the invoices and threat-o-grams and not forgetting the follow up phonecalls :D

All money down the drain for them

• 1 month later...

IS all the advice here DON'T PAY MET, NO MATTER WHAT?

Just to explain: I got a notice for outstaying my welcome in the carpark of McD's at Stansted. I hadn't seen the signs and went into the restaurant to get "a meal and a drink" whilst waiting for my husband to arrive on a flight that, unbeknown to me before I left home, was delayed by the French Air Traffic Controller's strike. I went to sit in my car whilst I ate so that I could leave instantly if he texted to say he was at the Pick Up point. Apparently, according to the photographic evidence, I overstayed my welcome by 17 minutes (although I did drive in and out of that car park twice) but I can't be sure of the timings.

Unfortunately I appealed by email but they now say I have to pay. I am already over the stated payment date in the letter and am worried about what will happen next.

Any advice please?

Just to explain: I got a notice for outstaying my welcome in the carpark of McD's at Stansted. I hadn't seen the signs and went into the restaurant to get "a meal and a drink" whilst waiting for my husband to arrive on a flight that, unbeknown to me before I left home, was delayed by the French Air Traffic Controller's strike. I went to sit in my car whilst I ate so that I could leave instantly if he texted to say he was at the Pick Up point. Apparently, according to the photographic evidence, I overstayed my welcome by 17 minutes (although I did drive in and out of that car park twice) but I can't be sure of the timings.

Unfortunately I appealed by email but they now say I have to pay. I am already over the stated payment date in the letter and am worried about what will happen next.

Any advice please?

You answered your own question is the first sentence:)

Any advice please?

To quote what I just put in another thread:

Under common law, disproportionate and punitive charges have always been illegal. In layman’s terms, if a consumer breaks the contract the other party cannot impose a charge greater than the reasonable estimate of its loss. That common law has been unchanged for 100 years, and numerous cases in the higher courts have confirmed it.

The rights in question are protected by statutory instrument. The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 made that clear.

2 little videos to watch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/...s_parking.html

And if you don't believe the layer in this one, then just go ahead and pay and have piece of mind at a cost:

Edited by Conniff

To Cazmanners

I took a lot of courage from the threads here when I got my PCN from MET and have not appealed, paid or contacted them. I did however e-mail McD's HQ but they will offer no help at all. I contravened the 'No Return Within 90 Minutes' rule at Stansted even though I spent money in McD's on both occassions but I did not see the sign.

I have heard nothing from MET for some months now so maybe the Watchdog programme has quietened things down.

Take courage from the many contributors here and don't pay or make any further contact with MET.

By the way, I ran the details of my PCN past a lawyer friend of mine recently. He knew nothing of the item on Watchdog but his advice was the same as that given on the programme.