• Tweets

• Participants can get £50 - but must permanently consent to the retailer using their personal data.View the full article
    • Documents arrived today dated 27th March.  This is a cc taken out a long time ago (2008) and they don't seem to have been able to provide a copy of a CCA agreement, just reams of print outs of lines of texts from old bank statements, default notices etc.   
    • Documents finally arrived today from PRA group.  New day have sent me lots of paperwork, copies of default letters and statements, print out of what looks like a CCA that would have been completed on online, IP address as signature.  This debt is not too old, so possible this is the true copy of agreement ?  Not sure what my defence would be beyond irresponsible lending. 
    • pers i wouldn't.. all you need to know is in the posts of that thread....that being section 127(3) of the CCA refers. if under a CCA return, the 'creditor' claims its a recon, it must not contain any details like a sig, tickbox, or typed name (whether you signed physically or by online tickbox) 1. those are not necessary in a recon, so why inc them? (faked??) 2, it cant thus be a recon!!, it must be a copy of the 'original' from the original creditor, not from a debt buyers filing cabinet. they shouldn't not be 'mixing' some original docs from the OC with crap from their filing cabinet, claiming its ALL a recon! because some of it is faked. just remember there are far more docs like NOA and a DN that are as equally important to a court claim of 'this debt is enforceable'. never rely solely upon the dodgy agreement argument.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Newbie: Help on Picture Financial PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

My case in regards of Twopart ltd who went into default in September, we have been told they are on to it by the FSCS.

However, we are ref number 00001 and both Deloittes and FSCS have confirmed they are dealing with it a priority case due to our personal circumstances, at least one of those reasons for serious mortgage arrears due to hubby's job loss and I care full time for my autistic son.

Anyway on the 15/16 October Deloittes confirmed that our case was passed back to the FSCS for them to review it, as they completed it on their end, it was then confirmed by the 19th October by email by the FSCS that they have received our case details and that they were making a decision and reviewing our case.

We decided on Tuesday just gone to ask them for an update, so hubby rang the FSCS and they told him they were still waiting for the details to come back from the FSCS, so hubby confirmed that we are aware they had already sent these on the 15 or 16th of October and also received an email from the FSCS on the 19th to confirm this.

Anyway the guy from the FSCS said he was going to check it through and get back to us.

Within minutes he did ring back and then confirmed that they are trying to get on with as many cases as possible and a decision will be made, and a letter will come out of the decision.

Makes you wonder if they do actually check when you do ring them by being told different things, and yet someone else was told the same thing as us, and the very next day they received their cheque.

Well done to all the winners and good luck to those still waiting, hope it won't be too long.:);-)

Di

In regards of my above post, we checked for an update today and now it seems that Deloittes still have our case with them, we told the FSCS that Deloittes confirmed by email a fortnight ago that they sent our case back to the FSCS, where the FSCS also confirmed a week last Monday that they were reviewing it and a decision will be sent out soon.

A rather confusing matter and was so annoyed, however we have not left it there.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

you should do a search on the issue of target through google :)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

my husband and myself had to get a remortgage to pay picture off approx £23,000 after paying them £23.000 about a year earlier ppi made up of nearly£10,000 just waqiting to hear off Deloitte ,claim has been in for nearly six months now,they are waiting to hear from our mortgage provider to see how much interest we have paid them after paying picture off again!!!!

• 2 months later...

Just had letter this morning we have won our claim against Picture PPI. we have been awarded just short of £15,000. This is a massive boost to us as taking the decsion we did to go with Picture was the biggest mistake of our lifes!!! its nearly cost us our house and our marriage. although still stuck with loan its fantastic news to get the PPI back. So for all those out there keep at it dont give up!!!!!!:D;)

• 3 months later...
Hi linnie,

When youe sent all your forms back to Deloitte did you send them copies oof the load agreemant and ppi agreemant from picture?

Cheers,

Daz182

Hi Daz182

Whatever you have will help, with mine (different company that went into default) where it was dealt with by the FSCS is send copies of all I had to avoid any come backs later on, post by recorded delivery as well.

Good luck with your claim.

Di

Hi Daz182

Whatever you have will help, with mine (different company that went into default) where it was dealt with by the FSCS is send copies of all I had to avoid any come backs later on, post by recorded delivery as well.

Good luck with your claim.

Di

Thanks Di,

Im posting the claim forms back today, hopefully wont be too long till i hear back from them(a big fat cheque with a bit of luck)

Cheers,

Daz

Thanks Di,

Im posting the claim forms back today, hopefully wont be too long till i hear back from them(a big fat cheque with a bit of luck)

Cheers,

Daz

Your very welcome Daz, I'm sure all will go through okay for you now, and hopefully you will get that big fat cheque very soon, fingers crossed.;)

Di

Hi All,

I have finally got the application for compensation forms from the FSCS but it asks for the Name of Insurer and the Policy number. I have searched all the documentation Picture have ever sent and it seems they never declare these details.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi All,

I have finally got the application for compensation forms from the FSCS but it asks for the Name of Insurer and the Policy number. I have searched all the documentation Picture have ever sent and it seems they never declare these details.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi pagibbo,

I have also just sent these forms away, i just put picture as the insurer, and the policy number the same as the loan policy number. i recieved a call from delloitte the other day and they never mentioned anything about this so i take it its all ok.

Cheers,

Daz182