• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Newbie: Help on Picture Financial PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i sent my claim into fscs regarding my ppi with picture secured loan , received letter and copy of my credit agreement back from them yesterday and saying they will look into my situation

see what happens ..... on my credit agreement i have over £12000 added ppi

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another claimant received their cheque today, and their insurance was cancelled at the same time.

IGNORE THIS POST CLAIMANT WAS MIS INFORMED POLICY CONTINUES.

Edited by pinknico
WRONG INFORMATION.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

Checked with Deloittes and ours is still waiting for senior approval before sending back to FSCS so I imagine another month. Thanks Pinknico for clarifying that the policy is closed when the claim is approved.

Sorry old Wulf that claimer was mis informed by FSCS customer services,

Her letter has now arrived and the policy IS NOT cancelled, it will continue to run for the 5 years.

Thanks for the update - we are not relying on it though - as soon as we realised how bad the policy was and that we couldn't cancel and get our money back we took out alternative insurance which costs a fraction of the Picture insurance and actually covers us!

I still think we should still be entitled to the no claims discount as well because the FSCS payout is for the mis-selling of the policy not the cancellation or claim against the policy. The policy has been paid in full and as long as the Picture monthly installments are met (ours are though it is a struggle every month) then we should also be due the no claim bonus.

As Picture haven't passed on any interest rate cuts at all I feel inclined to persue them for every penny I can get back. Picture get into trouble they declare themselves insolvent and someone else picks up the pieces, we get into trouble and they will not think twice about re-possession.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody had any correspondence lately ? i sent back the forms completed that deloitte had sent to verify details etc a couple of weeks ago , havent heard anything since anybody know what the next stage is for me ? also anyone got any news on picture claims at all ?

Five more people got their cheques last Thursday on the MSE forum, some were Priority, others had returned their forms via the FOS last year

July/ August 2008.

any liability.

Hi

Noticed that a few people here (and on Martin Lewis' site) have queried what they should do about the Cashback 'no claims' bonus. Just wanted to say that I recently accepted my first payment from Picture and did so after consulting with FSCS and one of their Senior Claims Negotiator's stated :

"I can confirm that by accepting the £X cash-back element of your PPI, this will not affect the eligibility of your claim with the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. However, if your claim is found to be eligible, and if you have accepted the £X, it is highly likely we would deduct that amount (and any other payments you receive) from any possible compensation you may receive".

Thought some of you may find this helpful.

Good luck everyone - nearly there!!!

Hi, I've just arrived at this website and forum and wonder if any one could enlighten me on a couple of issues

I have a substantial PPI with picture finance on a joint secured loan from March 06

I believe we were missold on the following grounds:

• 5yr cover - 20 year loan
  • only one person covered - joint loan

is this enough to make a claim and does this go thru FSCS in writing (post strike permitting)?

I've also received £3900 back as we have'nt claimed - any issues here?

Lastly what happens to the PPI which was added to the loan value, if we are successful and have this paid, do we still continue paying Picture the full amount , I'm not sure how this works

any advice would be very much appreciated, many thanks

Edited by Outfor23

If you call the FSCS they will tell you how to file a claim.

The FSCS are dealing with mis selling claims slightly different to the FOS as in they go by whether you were given bad advice about the policy.

If you have a successful claim then you will receive a cheque for the PPI amount minus any rebates received.

You can then use this amount to pay of Picture if you wish.

The policy is not cancelled unless you want it to be.

any liability.

No problem but remember if you win you can still pay the money back to Picture and NOT cancel the PPI and so claim your further no claims bonuses. This may work out more than what Picture refund you for cancelling. But you would need to look into this and work out what is best for you.

any liability.

Congrats Pink!

Could anyone kindly furnish me with an email address for Deloitte's so I can chase them for an update on my case please (I called them for the first time last week and had a nice chat but got the impression further calls wouldn't be overly welcomed).

Many thanks in advance.

File this one under 'strange but true'...

Phoned Deloitte last week (on 21/10/09) to be told that my case is awaiting assessment and given the standard '6 months etc' line however, on contacting them today, I was told it was passed back to FSCS for a final decision on 09/10/09. Obviously, called the FSCS who were as non-committal as ever but at least I'm a lot closer to the potential light at the end of the tunnel. Can't help but feel a bit miffed at the duff information though.

Continued good luck everyone!