Npower/Richburns

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read other posts regarding richburns, and how they cannot enter your property with a lock smith, i moved into my house a year and a half ago and signed up with n power, 2 months later i returned home from work to find a letter on my sofa from richburns they had came with a locksmith while i was at work and entered my property to turn of the electricity supply, because i did not respond to previous correspondance from them, i would just like to add the reason i did not respond was because the previous correspondance was in the previous tenants name, it was not even my bill it was hers but they still went ahead and got a locksmith when i phoned them they said i should of opened the mail even though it was not for me, i thought that was against the law! they harassed me from november right up until april the following year and just would not believe that i was not the person they were looking for. any advice?

I would get on the phone for consumer direct and explain to them that they have entered illigally as you are not the person they want i would also contact n power and your local MP and police and state you have been burguled and when they send someone around to your house show them the letter and state that it is not you they where after

I worked for a police force as a chippy and the amount of times they smashed doors in with a warrant only to find out that the person they where after moved out months ago

lets just say didnt matter on the cost new doors decorate new hall carpets dont worry of costs just do it incase we get sued

tell them they had no right to enter the property as the debt was for a former tenant and that you have been paying your bills also state that you have told them that you are not the person they are after if the plod reefuse to deal with it ask for his number and name by law they only have to supply you with there number and tell him you will be making a complaint if he refuses to give you his number just say no problem it will be on the call log anyway

i would also cantact N Power and state that you have told them that you are not the person they are after and you want to make a compalint and you will make a complaint against Npower too as they employed them

best bet is phone the cops first, consumer direct 08454 040506, then N power then local MP

Regards DK

if they say sorry and reconnect you dont leave it at that claim for the stress cost of calls and all the hassle

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

I'm presuming that the letters were not addressed to the occupier as well (as indeed they always have been when i've seen letters from Richburns) and that you registered for electricity with a supplier when you moved in!

Just a point, not having a pop, but these things do take time to sort out.

RM

• 1 year later...

May i point out if you had logged the account in your name 18 months ago Npower would be billing you direct. Npower have the power to disconnect as long as they can convince a magistrate they have visied the site tried to make contact direct.

If i was still receiving debt letters i would be on to npower as a matter of course as all letters are addressed to the the named/The Occupier. Richburns will have gained powers under the Gas & Eec Act 1954 (right of entry) from the court. Lesson here is ensure your supply is in your name as the utility supplier as the legal right to classify you as a deemed customer.

As previous posters have said, yes npower can legally enter your property once they have a warrant. Npower are one of the strictest companies when it comes to enforcing residential warrants. Several checks take place, and a lot of calls to npower befoe any supply is terminated, and as is usuall in most cases a pre payment meter is fitted.

If you had been with another supplier checks would have been carried out prior to the warrant being executed, and on the day of the execution.

The moral to this story is ensure that you notify any supplier when you move into a new property.