please help me need advise about my holiday claim as thay not paying me a penny back!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys ive just caught up on it all. PLEASE put in you letter that you are not in regular contact with the family member involved this will sway the decline heavily. We previously paid a claim on the basis that the customer did not live near their relative and wasnt in regular contact so there was no reason that they would disclose their medical history to a member of the family they are not necessarly close to.

The medical certificates are classed as necessary paperwork to assess a claim and the fee the Drs charge range from £10 to £70 in some cases. The fee charged is purly an admin fee which is why the insurance wont pay it. It is not part of the cost of the holidays its encouraging Drs to make more money than they already have.

Yes they have 8 weeks to answer your complaint but you will likely receive in 4 weeks as a rule of thumb.

Any questions give me a shout.

Good Look x

thanks for this littleladyellz i will put that in the letter .

do you mean about the medical certificate from the insurance that the doc has to fill in ? as if so he did not charge me nout for it

plus if thay do change there mind on my claim do i recevie the full amont or still need to pay the ex £50 each?

Hi Guys ive just caught up on it all. PLEASE put in you letter that you are not in regular contact with the family member involved this will sway the decline heavily. We previously paid a claim on the basis that the customer did not live near their relative and wasnt in regular contact so there was no reason that they would disclose their medical history to a member of the family they are not necessarly close to.

The medical certificates are classed as necessary paperwork to assess a claim and the fee the Drs charge range from £10 to £70 in some cases. The fee charged is purly an admin fee which is why the insurance wont pay it. It is not part of the cost of the holidays its encouraging Drs to make more money than they already have.

Yes they have 8 weeks to answer your complaint but you will likely receive in 4 weeks as a rule of thumb.

Any questions give me a shout.

Good Look x

Edited by t88mme

hiya you would still be subject to £50 xs however if you but in the letter that you feel that as a gesture of good will due to the distress caused you should have it waived then they might not deduct it.

You obviously had a nice Dr to fill in the certificate they normal dont do a think without a fee.

Good luck x

• 3 weeks later...

hi ya guys

just to let you know i had a letter today saying that thay have changed there mines on the letter that i wrote after i had your advice appealing for my travel claim back ,

i asked them to wavie the ex but no joy on that part but at least i got the rest back .

thanks again guys i dont think i could of done this without this site and advise xx

Well done t88mme :D

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.