Red Debt Collection Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please be gentle i have just joined!!

I received a letter from Red last week and emailed to say that i had no idea of any owed debt so i was not willing to accept the alleged debt. I advised them to furnish me with full details of what they are alleging i owe.

I came home tonight to find a 2nd letter stating the debt is from a Vodaphone account from 23.02.2005. My husband thinks it has been longer than that since i had a vodaphone account. They have stated on the letter that they have enclosed a copy of the statements and that i must now contact one of their agents.

Firstly they have not enclosed anything bar the letter and secondly there is no way i am ringing their 0845 number.

I have searched on other forums and it seems they buy old debt from companies.

Is there any point threatening media action with Vodaphone head office. I have done it with other things and won but im not sure as this is debt collectors?

I work in the fraud and complaints industry for insurance but im not used to having threatening letters from debt collectors to me personally.

Please can someone who has dealt with this let me know the best way to proceed.

Thanks

Red, AKA Lowells,aka hamptons legal. OR in cag speak, the leeds losers or lowlifes.

They are debt collectors but they do buy some statute barred debts.

The first thing I would be doing is sending them a letter asking them to prove a debt exists. They may be on a phishing trip looking for someone with a similar name to yours or it could be you but they have manipulated the dates.

The only way to find out if it is you they are after is to make them do some work(not something they're used to)

Unfortunately my computer had a hissy fit and I've lost the "prove it letter" so i hope someone will have it and then i can store it again.

If you haven't guessed by now, I'm anti lowells:D

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ignore that last bit. I've found it:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter.

send them that but send recorded delivery or else they'll deny ever receiving it and whatever you do, do not ring them

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hello and Welcome, littleladyellz.

I'll move this thread to the Debt Collectors Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Red are well known for chasing a significant amount of statute barred debts....if you can think back and it is over 6 years since you last paid towards or acknowledged the debt then it will be statute barred....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

i think it is 5yrs but i have no paperwork

I will send them that letter recorded delivery - thanks

I think they pretended to enclose the statements to try trick me to ring them but i have no intention of doing this.

I will do the letter at work and save everything.

Hi Silver Fox

Thanks for your comments.

I put them in on Google and its all pure hatred towards them.

I just dont get why Vodaphone never chased me for the money and then suddenly years down the line they sell the debt on.

I take it they just sell a load of bulk small dead debts and then Red try to get as much back as possible?

The leeds losers will buy these debts for about 10-30% of their actual value and chase you for the full amount. you don't need to be a genius to work out the potential profit by doing this.

All being well your debt will already be statute barred but if not then we'll deal with it when we know more.

fox