• Tweets

• and Brexit Britain err EU Greece becomes first European country to ban bottom trawling in marine parks   Greece becomes first European country to ban bottom trawling in marine parks | Fishing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM The law will come into force in national parks within two years and in all of the country’s marine protected areas by 2030  
    • Good on them for following the rules. They still haven't proven that I'm the driver though right? I also checked the council's website and there's no planning permission for the signs. No luck with the organ grinder. I think I'll need to take this to court and win to prove my point to the other freeholders.
    • Isas already allow you to earn tax-free interest on up to £20,000 each tax year. But under recent reforms, they are now supposed to be more flexible.View the full article
    • The NTK is pretty good at complying with the Act  as is the Notice to Driver so no help there. I seem to remember OPS getting hammered by a Judge [in brighton I think] so they seem to have tightened po their act since. The organ grinder is the MA and the monkey is OPS.
    • @jk2054 and @BankFodder - Your feedbacks in posts #199 and #202 have been incorporated into the attached WS. As usual, amends are in blue in this draft. Based on other WS drafts I've seen where the issues in dispute are part of the WS, I built my first draft WS in the same format and hadn't seen it to be an issue before. You will notice that the 'witness statement' has been replaced with 'Claimant's Statement' so that issues in dispute does not need to be on a separate page before the WS. This is especially given the work that has gone in to reduce the size of the WS to 8 pages. Also thanks for the suggestions re: confidentiality - I agree with your views and will stand firm on this if a condition of confidentiality is brought up. I have not been approached by Evri on this forum or by email. I haven't yet had success in paying the hearing fee. I am calling the court as often as I can (during work breaks/lunch etc.) and have sent 2 emails to the court requesting a call back. If i don't have any success by the end of this week, I'll send another email chasing for a call back. @BankFodder - Also attached is an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at EVRi - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender and the recipient (I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice).  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (sender / recipient) is present in the contract between Packlink and Evri. If this invoice is no good, then please let me know / delete it from this post. Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell Portfolio

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I currently reside outside of the UK now, but a family member has received a letter from these cretins, re: a sold debt as of Nov 08. I have already been chased previously by a dca capquest who couldn't provide proof of debt I cca'd them and took care of that. Now this dca is trying to chase the same debt for capital one.

I am not sure what I should do as I am outside the country, and have no intention of returning in the near future, but as I say my family member is receiving the letters, any advice I can give them would be greatly appreciated..these companies are beyond belief..:mad:

Many thanks in advance..

It would appear that you 'debt' has been picked out of the pool of 'unrecovered debts' that it was put back into when Capquest hit the buffers with you.

Lowell have purchased and will follow the same 'procedure' to see if they can push the debtor over easily.

Now i am not sure who holds the record for being pursued multiple times by different DCA's for the same debt, but i guess in theory any debt could continue on a round robin for ages.

This has happened to me twice, and really does become quite tetchy and trying on your time - not to mention the annoyance of having to fetch a £1.00 postal order. Second time around I (as PGH advises) just ignored the bottom feeders who tried it on with me. They did send another letter, but that received the same treatment. Nothing for 3 odd months now.

There is guidance from the Office of Fair Tarding for examples where a debt collector attempts to recover monies from individuals or adressess where it is uncertain thnat the relevant party resides there. You can read that here if you like: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

They will not be able to screw any of your relatives for debts that do not belong to them, but they will have you believe that they will die trying. If only they had the courage.

Any more bother from them and someone will help you with a letter to fire off.

That should put you at rest

Vex

If my advice or input has helped, by all means tip my scales

Typical of the Leeds Losers. As its for a CAPONE account then I wouldnt worry too much. Crapquest couldnt comply with your CCA request for the simple fact that Crap One do not do CCAs. Clownells are trying it on. Get your relative to pop all their post in the mail clearly marked NOT AT THIS ADDRESS. They will soon get bored.

Thanks for the quick advice, but will this just not get passed on to another, Quite possibly, but the 'older' this debt becomes - i.e the longer it is between last transaction / account activity and the current date, the less attractive it is for a DCA to pick up. It will eventually go to the back of the queue and fall off the edgeI suppose the family member can just keep doing the same thing? Get your relative to pop the letter back in letter box - Return To sender - Not known at this address

Thanks again

If you need anything more - just shout

Thank you Vex I will pass the information on to my relative

Many thanks again, and yes it puts me at rest for now...:D

One lingering point!

Do you have property in your name, here in the UK????

I am not interested in the adress;) but i would just be keeping an eye out for anyone trying to sneak one over on you, by pulling a fast one and issuing a claim in the hope of a charging order - A LONG SHOT I KNOW, but just keeping all of the bases covered.

Vex

ok I am resting easy..you know before I found this website, these dca's can really put the wind up, and you can spend alot of time worrying about it, but once you start to know your rights, it is amazing how much it can put the mind at rest :) I don,t know how these companies sleep at night, the tactics they try are beyond comprehension, the treatment and rudeness is exceptional, horrible people, they should be banned completely, sorry to rant but it makes me so angry, I read some of the stories of others, who are literally terrified by them..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

Another little problem with these cretins, they have now sent a postcard saying they are urgently trying to contact me..then there are two boxes and the one that is ticked has we will contact you between 8am - 8pm then underneath it says if this is inconvenient please call this number xxxxx there is no date for this contact, and I am sure they don't have the telephone number to make this call, any advice as to what my relative should do with this, as they are a little anxious to get harassing phone calls and or visits, are dca allowed to make such visits?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:confused:

Hello again,

Another little problem with these cretins, they have now sent a postcard saying they are urgently trying to contact me.. You (or your relative) owe them no duty to contact them, SO DON'T then there are two boxes and the one that is ticked has we will contact you between 8am - 8pm I think that you may be reading this wrong, and you will be forgiven for doing so. You probably think they are indicating that they will call at your house. They will not, and if they did, tell them to politely go away or you will call the police. then underneath it says if this is inconvenient please call this number xxxxx there is no date for this contact, and I am sure they don't have the telephone number to make this call, CORRECT - if they had your (or your relatives) number, then you would know about it. DO NOT call them. any advice as to what my relative should do with this, as they are a little anxious to get harassing phone calls and or visits, are dca allowed to make such visits?

This is a common ploy to get you to speak with them. Nothing can be gained by doing so. You or your relative will be worse off for doing so. My best advice is to ask your relative to keep this with the other paperwork that you have received from them.

Hope that help, Vex

Hello again,

Another little problem with these cretins, they have now sent a postcard saying they are urgently trying to contact me..then there are two boxes and the one that is ticked has we will contact you between 8am - 8pm then underneath it says if this is inconvenient please call this number xxxxx there is no date for this contact, and I am sure they don't have the telephone number to make this call, any advice as to what my relative should do with this, as they are a little anxious to get harassing phone calls and or visits, are dca allowed to make such visits?

A common scare tactic...not worth the card its printed on :rolleyes:

Well they followed advice in line with sending the letters back not at this address..should they do the same with this card?

thanks, sorry for going on, but my relative has recently been ill with cancer and doesn't need this harrassment, and they are not exactly young either

Bet the card was identical to this one

card.jpg

Its just a ploy to get you to phone the Leeds Threat Centre so as a telephone threat monkey can verbally abuse you. File it away for a future complaint. They talk nonsense about their 'Licensed Field Agents'' which are a pure figment of Andy Bartles vivid imagination.

Its just a ploy to get you to phone the Leeds Threat Centre so as a telephone threat monkey can verbally abuse you. File it away for a future complaint. They talk nonsense about their 'Licensed Field Agents'' which are a pure figment of Andy Bartles vivid imagination.

I assume you mean my relative to just file away, so that they may make future complaint if needed? My apologies if I misunderstand replies, I am very grateful to all that respond to my questions...:D

I really just want them to stop harassing my relative, it is nothing to do with them, I am no longer at their address..or in the UK.

Yes - keep just in case you wish to do them for harassment in the future.

You won't be keeping it for any future value on antiques roadshow. Too many of them in current circulation :)

Ok many thanks, I just hope they sod off now, one last question though what powers do dca's have to search for information on people re further addresses if they receive not at this address etc?

DCAs have NO LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER.

All they can do is search the public domain just as you or I could.

To bring this matter to a close I suggest you get your relative to send their silly little card back to them informing them that you do not reside at the address and they are unaware of your present whereabouts. They are under know obligation to give any information to the Leeds Losers

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I need some help again with these people. My relative has continually sent back letters etc saying I am no longer at this address, but they continue to send them, and has recently received one from Red with the same PO box number..I don't understand why they keep sending letters after being continually told I am not at that address etc...any advice for my relative as they are getting a little tired of receiving these letters...I believe they are still trying to obtain some contact, as they are not legal or anything as far as I can gather...

Would really appreciate some help for my relative, to tell these idiots to foxtrot oscar :eek:

Get your relative to write and demand a copy of their complaints procedure. Also get your relative to report these Cretins to the OFT as they are already being watched by them.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, and hope I don't sound too stupid, but if my relative writes to them would it be prudent for them not to sign the letter etc, as they really don't want to be harassed by these people, any suggestions on what would be polite but firm letter to them..I would like to give my relative all the information I can to help, they are a bit elderly, and have recently been ill with cancer, I don't want them worrying over this..

Many thanks to all that give advice, this website is a godsend...

Dear Cretins

your ref XXXXX

I have previously informed you that I am not the person you require. The person does not reside at this address. You are in breach of the OFT Guidelines on the collection of debt. Please send me details of your company complaints procedure. I will also be reporting your company to the OFT and to Trading Standards.

Please be advised that I will charge £25 for any other letter I receive from your company that I have to answer.

yours etc

DO NOT SIGN LETTER

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Further to all this and after my relative sent numerous requests to stop sending letters, they have now received one from Hamptons Legal, I presume this is the same company, they are suggesting court action and there is a list of court costs further to the debt etc. Is this just another ploy to make contact or should this be taken notice, any advice as to what i should advise my relative would be appreciated..these people are tiresome..