The Lending Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE: Before I issued a claim in the Small Claims Court to get my money back, I rang the thieving gypsy biatches yesterday a total of 40+ times and the first 30 times, when I asked to speak to the Manager I was either cut off or placed in a never-ending queue. I didn't mind though as I am off from work until Sunday and was using their freephone number and was quite happy to keep hitting the redial button until I got through to a Manager! :razz:

The last 10 times, I spoke to the same lady (who said she was called Sarah) who said that a cheque was on its way to me for £34.99 and that under the Credit Consumer Act, they are allowed to keep £5.00 for the work that they have done.

I explained to her several times that I hadn't asked them to do any work and that I gave my bank details as they said at the time that they needed them for "security purposes" and at no point did I give my permission for any payment to be taken and that I wanted the full refund of £39.99.

She just kept repeating the same thing about they can keep £5.00 blah, blah, blah and she said she could get a Manager to call me back, to which I replied that I didn't trust them with my telephone number as god knows what they would do with it, as when I had provided them with my Bank details, they had already stole from me.

She then said that she had my telephone number and other details about me (such as income, DOB, etc) on file and started quoting them to me!!

I then advised her that I was now also reporting her for breaking the Data Protection Act as she had quoted confidential details about my account without asking me any security questions and for all she knew I could be an imposter.

She then tried to deny that she had quoted any details to me and when I told her that the call had been recorded, she hung up.

A few more calls to her later proved fruitful and I got to speak to the Admin Manager - Lee Davies, who had miraculously teleported into the office, after I was told on a few occasions that he wasn't in the office.

Lee said that he was going to reprimand Vicky for breaking DPA rules. (But she told me her name was Sarah!!!)

He said that if I wanted to dispute them keeping the £5.00, that I would have to email him at [email protected] and he would sort it out for me, to which I replied that if he looked at my previous two letters that he would see that I was requesting a full refund of £39.99 as they had stolen it from me and that I had never asked for any work to be done.

He said its only £5.00 and I told him, yes £5.00 of the £39.99 which you didn't have permission to take in the first place.

He told me that they had done work for me and I said that I haven't received any paperwork whatsoever from them.

He then told me that I should have contacted them to say I hadn't received the paper work, to which I asked how would I know that the paperwork hadn't arrived as I had never asked you to do any work for me in the first place. He never replied to that one.

I also told him that I had read on a Consumer website (here) all about them stealing others money and he said that everyone that has posted about them are their competitors who are only trying to discredit them. YEAH RIGHT!!!

I await a reply to my email and also my FULL refund. I ain't letting this one go. :evil:

hi did lee tell you that the refund computer is not working ?

well that what he keeps saying to me lie i think .:-x

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After joining this site last wk i decided to email sam higginson and explain the situation, luckily i got a reply the following day and said he said that it will take 7 to 10 working days to get the authorisation from head office to give me a full refund. I am now counting down the days to that time is up and if i dont hear from anybody then plan B will take place.

At least some of us now seem to be able to contact them and actually speak to someone(even if it does take 40+ phone calls!!).

I will keep you all updated as to if and when i get anywhere. Good luck to the rest of you

Loulou - they are LYING. Their Head Office is their office in Stockport.

I haven't received a reply to my email and no refund. I do have an unexpected Recorded Delivery letter waiting for me at the Sorting Office, so maybe thats the refund. I will go their later and find out.

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

hi did lee tell you that the refund computer is not working ?

well that what he keeps saying to me lie i think .:-x

Nope, haven't had that excuse YET but thanks for the heads up and I will be on my guard for it.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

After joining this site last wk i decided to email sam higginson and explain the situation, luckily i got a reply the following day and said he said that it will take 7 to 10 working days to get the authorisation from head office to give me a full refund. I am now counting down the days to that time is up and if i dont hear from anybody then plan B will take place.

At least some of us now seem to be able to contact them and actually speak to someone(even if it does take 40+ phone calls!!).

I will keep you all updated as to if and when i get anywhere. Good luck to the rest of you

He said this to me too but after 15 days I was still waiting and he wouldn't respond to me at all. My bank just gave me a form and I signed to say I had not authorised the debit and 3 days later I got the money back.I would suggest to anyone that they go this route as it was trouble free.

Good luck

Yay!!! We've got our money back.

Not sure yet if it's a refund obtained from TLG by our bank or from the company themselves. But we've got a full refund. No £5 reduction either.

If there was no £5 reduction, then it was from the bank. CONGRATS! :D

I haven't received a reply to my email and no refund. I do have an unexpected Recorded Delivery letter waiting for me at the Sorting Office, so maybe thats the refund. I will go their later and find out.

Well the Recorded Delivery letter turned out to be something else, so still no refund.

I did however have the following email waiting for me in response to me demanding the additional £5 back too:

Subject: RE: Lee Davies (Admin Mgr) - response required via email by 2pm today.

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:04:51 +0000

To:

Dear

In regards of your e-mail requesting the amount of £39.99, your account is under dispute with the head office and it will take upto 7-14working days.

Mnay thanks

Alesha

I was so p-d off that I contacted my Bank and asked them why they wont refund me as I never authorised the money to be taken from my account and they have asked me to re-submit an Indemnity Claim and they will look at the issue again. So fingers crossed.

Indemnity Claim letter to bank has now been printed! :D Watch this space.

Indemnity Claim letter to bank has now been printed! :D Watch this space.

Yes this is how I got my money back. V quickly too.

Funnily enough I had another response from Sam Higginson yesterday saying my claim for a refund was in dispute with head office and it will take another 14 days to get my refund!!!

I took great delight in telling him that I had already received my refund.

HA HA

Yes this is how I got my money back. V quickly too.

Funnily enough I had another response from Sam Higginson yesterday saying my claim for a refund was in dispute with head office and it will take another 14 days to get my refund!!!

I took great delight in telling him that I had already received my refund.

HA HA

Nice one Sally! :D

When I get a spare 5 mins, I am going to make my own website about them warning others. So watch this space!!!

well my cheque been lost in the post again..and my letter confirming my cheque in post...lol...spoke to there admin dept ..an the guy sounded very much like Lee Davis lol...but denyed it..

but i have been told i will be refunded via BACs transfer...which takes an hr....but noooo it will take 3days according to Lee(but says it not him)..

hopefully my bank will sort it now, and im emailing there admin an sam guy every 5mins ...same email...sent 25 up to now today..

and pretend lee didnt like me slating his colleagues ??

im sure there will be more

I need to check first...but i think iv got my money back, i have the halifax to thank i filled in their fraud forms... plus i emailed that sam bloke and their admin with same email about 30 times aday...

and if any one rings them ...ask them to ring you back asap...the girls norm do..iv always rung the 0800 number they ring my moby back then they transfer me an i go on hold...i put on loiud speaker then carry on doin wot ever ...some one answers in the end it there bill..or if it ringing ring 0800 number from land line an ask the girl to shout across the room to admin desk an tell them to pick up...

it has worked for me...

i will confirm later if i have been refunded..

The same thing happened to me On 30th march 2009. TGL took £99.99 out of my account without my authorisation, they asked for my card details to verify who i was after registering with the Loansupermarket. I've reported them to my bank as i cannot get through to TGL. My bank, Halifax have started there investigation into the fraud and have assured me that my money will be charge back into my account as soon as possible. I will suggest you report TGL to your bank first as they might be able to help and it's less stressfull as the bank as got all the resources needed (fraud team and police). Goodluck everyone and hope you all get your money back.

Well guys it is clear that they are fraud. I was charged by TLG i have only spoken to theloansupermarket so is 100% fraud. Fraud team is now dealing with it,

Dont bother with Lee, Sam, Shaz, Katie, Charlote etc

They are there to still your money not give money back. I was told by Lee that he wrote the cheque and I will receive it in 1 week its been 1month now.

DO NOT BOTHER WITH THEM THEY ARE FRAUD REPORT THEM AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

I have been wating for 4 months and I didnt get anything.

I will also set up a website to warn other people. Anyone wanna help me with it. I can design and have web host just help me with CONTENT

Thank you

no probs il help any way i can...iv got mine back through the bank, an that Lee (******** he is) said the same cheque in post, he a bad liar, stutters when talkn crap..

but any way i can help i will..iv still got a email telling me cheque in post and copies of the 100 odd iv sent them..

so count me in..

Darran

Dear PC999,

I have also just been scamed by the TLG group for £199.99. I was told that my card details were need for verification purposes and not to withdraw money from account. I finally spoke to an advisor who has asked me to send a copy of my bank statement to verify that they have taken this money from my account, and my refund will take 3-6 months. I am not comfortanle sending my bank statement and was glad i come onto this page a read your complain. I will contact the trading standards like you suggested and see how best they can help. A question: Who are the financial investigation unit. Do you think I should contact them instead of the trading standard group. Thanks

Kind Regards

Yaa

Right here we go,

The lending group decided to take £49.99 from my bank account last month and didn't provide a service. 3 weeks down the line and no sight of any money, numerous calls later like most people on here and no joy. Told me I could have a refund as long as I sent them a copy of my bank statement, no chance!

Little do they know that I am a serving police officer within GMP and work in Stockport where their office is based, let the games begin!

Went to their office on my way to work, managed to get into reception, made my way onto the first floor, gained entry through the next secure door and knocked on their office door. On the door was signs displaying 'the lending group' - 'loans supermarket' and 'carted & carter' i knocked on the door but no-one would let me in, could see through the window and watched as about 40 people inside stared back at me! all on the phones sat infront of computers taking money from people! I voiced my concerns quite loudly until someone let me in but told me to wait at the door. i eventually spoke to the manager, you guessed it, mr Iky! In a knutshell he told me that i would have to write in and send off a copy of my bank account, i refused and revealed who i was, he was quite abusive so i threatened to speak to the financial investigation unit and return. I left and within 30 minutes mr Iky phoned my wife and told her he would send us a cheque via first class post!

Now this helps me but not all the other people that have been ripped off! i have spoke to financial investigations but they can't do much with just one complaint. i have also spoke to trading standards who state that they will conduct enq's to establish if other complaints have been made, i presume most people haven't made formal complaints so i suggest you do, 118500 or google trading standards in your area for info.

If you want to find ou any info about the company you can write to consumer direct, 3rd floor, craven house, michelson road, barrow in furness, cumbria, la14 1ae. in your letter just state that you wish to obtain info re this company (qoute all 3 names) under the fredom of information act. i was also advised that the company is a brokers and that they have to advise you of this before taking any money, if they don't and tell you that they are the lenders (did with me) then they contravene section 155 of a certain act, sorry but i can't remember which! anyway if you want anymore advice or want to contact me feel free. [EDIT] i think i hold the record as i have seen the office in person and had the pleasure of speaking to some of the staff. its a room approximately 80feet long by 30feet wide, all dressed in normal clothes! i think we need to make a stand against this company and do something, any suggestions appreciated! Also if you live in the local area or want to visit them in person contact me and i'll give you address and directions straight to the front door, they have only been in the building for approximately 1 month so may move on soon or change their name again. Like i said, e-mail me and lets do something!

Dear PC999,

can you please provide me with the address and direction. I live in North wales and will like to make a trip to Stockport to sort this out. Thanks

Kind Regards

Yaa

Where has pc999 gone? Ive never heard of financial investigation unit, if you read through all the posts here you will find all the details you need including the company address and who to contact.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

i got through to someone in3 mins today, makes a change in waiting for 45 mins before an answer.,

i was told still in dispute from OCt 08.. and she could not even give a timescale of how long it will stay in dispute. i was told i will get a refund and that alan davis a manager will phone me back, not heard anything, so not holding my breath ..

also was told sam murphy is the director of this sham of companies..

Hello Guys,

I contacted my local trading standard and explained what had happen. They have adviced me on a way forward so I will suggest you contact your local trading standard for help. Probably contact your council who will direct you to them. At the moment i have sent TLG a letter with the information my local trading standard officer advice me to do and waiting 10 day for a response. They have asked i call after the 10 days if I do not hear a reply from TLG and they will advise me on the next step. Hope this helps