The Lending Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

haha! i know!

I agree..

we need more people to complain and get them shut down..

somethings telling me there is NO head office in Belfast.. they are liars.

Have you asked them if there is an address/tel number?

Has anyone heard off BBC Watchdog?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

I might be playing Devils advocate here a bit. I have checked and have been charged £49.99 like many of the posters here.

This is a dodgy company - whatever they are called.

However I can't believe that they have simply never issued a loan. That if it is a [problem] their 'Masterplan' is no more elaborate than charging £49.99 from those who leave their bank details because they are looking for a loan. We'd have to all admit that we have been very stupid. They would be stupid too as they eventually would face very harsh penalties.

It remains possible that they just messed up with some loan applications. One of the first posters here talks of going to their offices and seeing a large professional open plan office fully manned. Would all those present be signed up to the [problem]? Risking their futures?

If it turns out to be straight theift then I am confident I can instruct my bank to get the money back.

I must admit to being worried by this, but mostly because I needed a loan a while ago and these people are taking their time.

ok i can see what you are saying but there so called fees are all over the place some 49.99 and 99.99 149.99 and so on up to 349.00 , and why is it that when you ring them thay lie to you ,ie can not give you the H/O number or address as i will lose my job ? or your refund is in the post (what post) or the names of the pepole you speak to like ben lee dave thay are all the same person , or thay will ring you back (when next year .) thay a super fast in taking your money , but forget to send you your papper work out , and it takes 3-6 months to get your refund sorted so thay say ?????.

so in my eyes this is a con and i will not let it rest untill i get my money back and get them shut down .

I am commencing battle with them now (details @ http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/185259-lending-group-loan-supermarket.html). Bank said no to an Imemnity Claim (well its Halifax, so what do you expect as they love ripping people off), so I am firing off one more letter to The Lending Group giving them 7 days to send me my stolen money or I will take the matter to the County Court.

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

"We'd have to all admit that we have been very stupid."

"It remains possible that they just messed up with some loan applications."

Sorry mogwai1978, but I couldn't disagree with you more. The fact is that this company has preyed on many desperate people to con them out of their money by offering them loans that they never had any intention of giving.

The continue to make excuses and blatantly lie to all of us when/if we eventually get to speak to them.

There can be no excuses for these people, they are fraudsters, has anyone here got there money back yet???

I dont doubt that some people are actually getting a loan from this company; but they are telling everybody that they are approved for a loan to get a fee, so they are taking a fee off everybody that applies whether they get approved or not-and thats their policy. Is this a [problem]? fraud? theft?

Anyone reading this thread (if you havent done already) needs to as mentioned in previous posts draft a letter and send it to your bank fraud dept,office of fair trading, commissions office, financial services authority, and watchdog.

update

well got to speak to them today after 4times of ring today thay say that my refund was agreed and its in the post today (lie i think ) but we will see, i will give the till tuesday, ( which tuesday you may ask) me too lol,

as we all know thay don't lie and thay all lie strate in bed lol.

but still have reported them to the police, T S AND watchdog

Good Luck with that mate :)

Hope you get something,l I still havent and im not bothering ringing again, becasue all I get is lies..

They change their offices often, so people cant send them letters etc.

By using google ive been able to track them down.

I would not hold your breath until Tuesday.

I just wish Watchdog or whoever get to the office before they go elsewhere again...

Nobody make excuses for them!!! The staff who work their are just as bad as the managers.. they know they are doing wrong.

i finally got my refund it was less 5 pounds due to administration charge they keep... atleast happy got my money back.... Sam higginson sort it out for me. make sure you email sam higginson he is helpful [email protected] as i was told that it would take 3-6 month but since i contacted him issued a refund within 14 days... good luck to you guys

Hi everyone, I have been reading therse posts about The Lending Group with great interest. My disabled husband gave out our card details to these sharks (while I was out, or I wouldn't have let him!) after they told him that we had been accepted for a loan. We had completed an online application to get some quotes and they were one of a few companies who rang. Their words were 'we need to verify your bank details for the money transfer'. When I checked the accoutn £49.99 had gone.

I contacted my bank immediately who told me that because it was a Solo card there was no insurance and to basically forget it. I was so angry. I only work part-time and that 'fee' equates to a week's salary.

Having read these messahes, especially the very helpful one which had an e-mail address for Sam Higginson (senior manager at TLG) I bombarded them with e-mails and eventually threatened them with the Greater manchester Fraud Squad. Finally, last night I actually got a response fron Sam Higginson who has told me he is putting in a request for a refund with head office.

Also, thanks to this web forum, I contacted the complaints dept of my bank and asked if there was any indemnity insurance for this sort of problem. They are looking into it and I'll let you know what happens.

If /when I get the money back I'll let you all know

Good luck to all.

£99 were gone from my account on 12th of december and I did not give premition just like everyone else here. I called back after 2 minutes and I told them. I have called them over 1000 times I will pay an other £10000 to get those money back. I am taking them to court and if I do not win (which i am sure I will because i recorded the calls) I swear to god I am prepered to do everything to get my money back

I`ll keep you updated

Edited by alti

'Head Office' wot head office...... sorry but your being conned....do as you say & report them to the police, trading standards, OFT & anyone else you can think of............. & IN THE MEANTIME HARASS THE HELL OUT OF THEM

ps the bank if they choose can recall the payment (don't let them tell you otherwise).

Also point out to the bank you have discovered what you believe may be a fraud by this company which by refusing your refund they are now knowingly facilitating which is money laundering. That usually gets their bums twitching cos it's true ..........it is ML

Greetings from a newbie!

Think a few of us may have been barking up the wrong tree re the address/name - the OFT have a very handy online search now (Public Register)

- details for Carter and Carter are as follows: Business Name Carter & Carter Financial Limited

Company Registration Number 5577026

Issued Date: 21-Oct-2005

Expiry Date: 20-Oct-2010

Legal Formation: Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Assad Ayaz Ajmi Firoz Nadim Irfan Nasrullah

Nature of Business: Debt Adjusting

Current Address(es): Correspondence 12, Dunlop Avenue, Rochdale, OL11 2NG

Principal Place Of Business 173-191 Mansion House, Wellington Road South, Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 3UA

Registered Office 173-191 Mansion House, Wellington Road South, Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 3UA

Historic Address(es): Principal Place Of Business 3rd Floor Britannic Building, 115 Stopland Road, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL12 6PW

Registered Office 3rd Floor Britannic Building, 115 Stopland Road, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL12 6PW

If your card (credit or debit) has been debited without your express permission then you can claim a 'chargeback' via your bank or card issuer - you simply call them, dispute the charge and they will then contact TLG's bank to try and obtain proof that you authorised the debit. If they can't provide this the account has to be refunded - MUCH easier than trying to get a refund directly and more likely to get a result by complaining to Watchdog!

By the way I've reported their website to the FSA - it's advertising remortgages without any of the required warnings!

Hi, I have been hit by the same con artists, after a phone call for about an hour to TLG loans on Thursday 5th March, I was told that an administration charge will be debited from my account but I then said that I didnt want to go ahead with this and was told no money will be taken, lo and behold 99.99 was then debited the following day!!! Ive tried phoning but no one answers so after reading these posts I have contacted Watchdog and phoned my bank who told me to go into the branch and fill out an INDEMNITY CLAIM form so Im doing that first thing tomorrow. These people need to be stopped as they will continually do this to more and more vunerable people looking for a loan and this is not right.

I would like to hear if anyone has had success in claiming back their money??

xx

I got stung on Thursday for £99.99. I immediatly reported it to my bank. I might have got lucky as when they wanted my bank card number i would not give them my security number but they still took the money

Anyway after telling this to HSBC they have put the money back in my account today

i have recently applied for a loan and told them i did not have the money in my account until 3days after the actual call. almost over a wk later the money was taken from my account. this was only last wk. i was told over the phone i would recieve a phone call once the money was taken, but as u can imagine, i'm STILL waiting!! i have put into google, Tlg loans, jus as it appears on my bank statement, and i found this website. so i'm now takin it as they are con artists, considering there are so many different names that actually stand for 'TLG'. I am so annoyed that this happened, but i have given my account details out a few times and have never had a problem before.

i will now be contacting my bank, watchdog, police and the financial ombudsman. i have read through all the comments made about this company, or whichever company you know them by, and you can count me in for anything, as long as we get our money back!!

They deserve everything coming to them and if i have 2 drive all the way to stockport and camp outside their building (agen, whichever 1 it may be out of the list of addresses they have), then i will do!!

They cant ignore all of us and i dont think we'd let them!!!:x

well iv been phoning 2 /3 times aday... i was told a cheque on the way, thenit was recalled...now the machine has broke down that issues them...i said ' one of you there must be able to write a cheque'...nooo they cant...

Hi, I think our money will be back soon as the bank are dealing with it. I had to sign a declaration to say I had not authorised the debit of £49.99 and they will then reclaim the money from TLG's bank.

Also I did get a response eventually after e-mailing 'Sam Higginson' at TLG 5 times. I threatened him with the Greater manchester Fraud Squad and he responded much faster. Still waiting for the cheque.

I am commencing battle with them now (details @ http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/185259-lending-group-loan-supermarket.html). Bank said no to an Indemnity Claim (well its Halifax, so what do you expect as they love ripping people off), so I am firing off one more letter to The Lending Group giving them 7 days to send me my stolen money or I will take the matter to the County Court.

UPDATE: Before I issued a claim in the Small Claims Court to get my money back, I rang the thieving gypsy biatches yesterday a total of 40+ times and the first 30 times, when I asked to speak to the Manager I was either cut off or placed in a never-ending queue. I didn't mind though as I am off from work until Sunday and was using their freephone number and was quite happy to keep hitting the redial button until I got through to a Manager! :razz:

The last 10 times, I spoke to the same lady (who said she was called Sarah) who said that a cheque was on its way to me for £34.99 and that under the Credit Consumer Act, they are allowed to keep £5.00 for the work that they have done.

I explained to her several times that I hadn't asked them to do any work and that I gave my bank details as they said at the time that they needed them for "security purposes" and at no point did I give my permission for any payment to be taken and that I wanted the full refund of £39.99.

She just kept repeating the same thing about they can keep £5.00 blah, blah, blah and she said she could get a Manager to call me back, to which I replied that I didn't trust them with my telephone number as god knows what they would do with it, as when I had provided them with my Bank details, they had already stole from me.

She then said that she had my telephone number and other details about me (such as income, DOB, etc) on file and started quoting them to me!!

I then advised her that I was now also reporting her for breaking the Data Protection Act as she had quoted confidential details about my account without asking me any security questions and for all she knew I could be an imposter.

She then tried to deny that she had quoted any details to me and when I told her that the call had been recorded, she hung up.

A few more calls to her later proved fruitful and I got to speak to the Admin Manager - Lee Davies, who had miraculously teleported into the office, after I was told on a few occasions that he wasn't in the office.

Lee said that he was going to reprimand Vicky for breaking DPA rules. (But she told me her name was Sarah!!!)

He said that if I wanted to dispute them keeping the £5.00, that I would have to email him at [email protected] and he would sort it out for me, to which I replied that if he looked at my previous two letters that he would see that I was requesting a full refund of £39.99 as they had stolen it from me and that I had never asked for any work to be done.

He said its only £5.00 and I told him, yes £5.00 of the £39.99 which you didn't have permission to take in the first place.

He told me that they had done work for me and I said that I haven't received any paperwork whatsoever from them.

He then told me that I should have contacted them to say I hadn't received the paper work, to which I asked how would I know that the paperwork hadn't arrived as I had never asked you to do any work for me in the first place. He never replied to that one.

I also told him that I had read on a Consumer website (here) all about them stealing others money and he said that everyone that has posted about them are their competitors who are only trying to discredit them. YEAH RIGHT!!!

I await a reply to my email and also my FULL refund. I ain't letting this one go. :evil:

Edited by andymanx

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS