Egg Credit Card Confusion!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All!

This is my first post, and I am very glad I have found this forum!:)

I have had an Egg credit card for some years, and was one of those customers they axed when they were taken over nearly a year ago. I am still paying off the c/c balance, which currently STILL HAS PPI added to the account. I cannot find anywhere on their site where I can opt out of this, and so am paying nearly £80 a month in PPI alone.

I am currently unemployed and so am only paying back the minimum each month, plus their PPI.

My real confusion lies in the letter they sent out to me before Xmas in response to the FSA investigation, suggesting I *may* be entitled to PPI refund for the period Oct 2005 - April 2007. The letter concludes that if I have any concerns with the way PPi was sold to me I should call a freephone number.

My questions are these;

Has anyone else received this letter?

How can I stop these PPI payments?

Can they be refunded to me, and what should I do next? I would prefer to put things in writing I think, rather than call them.

Thank you in advance for any replies...I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice!

Thank you

Gipsy Girl

Just to say that I am busy reading up all the excellent info you guys have posted on threads across the forum: there is so much to take in! I think my course of action will be to start with submitting a Subject Access Request to Egg.

I think I also understand why they have refered to the dates above as they seem to have acknowledged misselling to customers within this time frame. (??)

I am still interested to hear from others who may have recived a similar letter from Egg?

Gipsy Girl

Background to why you received the letter:

Egg fined £721,000 and will compensate PPI customers

I would have thought that it will be a full refund from the date it was taken out until the present day, plus interest charged on it, plus potentially 8% court interest on that.

Unless something else happened to your account in April 2007???

I would be interested to see a copy of the letter.

Because the FSA did not come about until 2005 is the reason why they where only fined from 2005, but remember if you had your card before that date you can claim back as far to the point they charged you PPI.

This Letter will confuse many customers in that they will think they can only claim back to 2005, which is one of the reasons egg decided to send out this letter.

Do not be fooled claim back every PPI payment you have made plus interest at 8%.

So yes ignore that letters instuctions and send of an SAR letter asking for a copy of the agreement and every statement they have sent you.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thank you everyone for your responses - I'm going to get a Subject Access Request letter off tomorrow.

I will also try to get my scanner up and running and will post a copy of the letter on here. (The letter also refers to the fact that I cancelled the PPI in April 2007, which fits in with my recollection, however they are still adding it to my account.)

Thank you again, and I will update as I get more info.

Gipsy Girl

Please point out to them about cancelling and still paying, don't wait for the SAR to complain about that.

They probably owe you enough to pay off the debt:D

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

Good Luck

You have nothing to lose but a lot to gain.

Thanks for clicking my scales.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

I have uploaded the letter I received from Egg before Xmas for peoples information. (It is as 2 pdfs as I wasnt sure how best to do this).

I sent off a SAR with £10 chq, and have only received half of the information I requested. They have sent details of the history of the loan account, which has no ppi, but have ignored completely the credit card account this letter pertains to and which I requested the history of.

I am looking into where to go from here - any comments or suggestions welcome as ever!

thank you

GG

egg letter 1.pdf

egg letter 2.pdf