Help! Please Read And See K800i Three Network Uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there i was wondering if there are any people out there who are in the same predicament or was similar who can shed some some light on my awful situation

my k800i has just been busted by me when i tried to change the cover of the phone the screen seemed to have started showing random lines with a white background and the power button switch got damaged (one connected to phones motherboard) so im off to go and look for a new phone (i don't mind buying another one) but my contract is an 18 month one what im worrying about is when the contract ends will the company ask for the phone back??? or during that time before the contract ends will they want it back?? also if i do give it back and it is damaged will i be in a lot of problems or do i have to replace the phone by paying them a certain amount of cash?? or what will happen?

PLEASE PLEASE IFSOMEONE CAN HELP REPLY!!!

even if you havent been in the situation but kows what happes after contract expires reply too becuse it will be greatful!

p.s. my plans after the 18 month contract is to upgrade to a new phone with 3 so will they ask for my old k800i back even though the term has finished for the phone???

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::???::???::???::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Its unlikely the company will want the phone back - you should take it to the shop and see if it is within the guarantee period (usually 1 year). When I dropped my Palm Treo and it was damaged I took it back to the shop and they replaced it free of charged... I didn't have insurance but it was within the guarantee period.

When I dropped my Palm Treo and it was damaged I took it back to the shop and they replaced it free of charged... I didn't have insurance but it was within the guarantee period.

This would have been more of an act of goodwill on the supplier's behalf than fulfilling their obligations under the Sale of Goods Act, as SoGA does not cover damage caused due to negligence or accident. Nor would any guarantee or warranty cover damage.

my k800i has just been busted by me when i tried to change the cover of the phone the screen seemed to have started showing random lines with a white background and the power button switch got damaged.......but my contract is an 18 month one what im worrying about is when the contract ends will the company ask for the phone back??? or during that time before the contract ends will they want it back?? also if i do give it back and it is damaged will i be in a lot of problems or do i have to replace the phone by paying them a certain amount of cash?? or what will happen?

It is most improbable that you will not be asked for the handset back after the end of your contract, or during the remaining time of your contract. Did you have insurance on the handset that covers you for accidental damage, if so claim on the insurance as the excess is likely to be cheaper to pay than paying the price for a decent replacement.

If you have no insurance which covers the handset, then it will probably be worth your while to buy a cheap PAYG handset, or an unlocked handset from ebay, to see you through to time of upgrade on your existing contract.

I would advise against taking out a new contract just to get a replacement as you will in effect be paying twice for the handset. - the existing contract plus the new contract.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Some, but not many, household insurance policies cover this damage - always worth a check.

However, the damage will not be covered by the supplier or service provider unless you specifically entered into an agreement for that - i.e. an insurance policy.

The advice above is spot on - the service provider will have given the phone as part of the deal so it is effectively yours now. The cheapest option is likely to be seen by buying a phone second hand - maybe off eBay or similar - and dropping your Sim card into that. Make sure you buy a phone either locked to the network you are on, or an unlocked phone.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.