Hit With £70 Parking Fine - Euro Car Parks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone and happy new year!

Not sucj a good start for us unfortunately. I took the family out shopping this afternoon to St Oswalds Retail Park, Gloucester (the old cattle market). As I parked the car, I noticed large signs fixed to poles around the car park stating three hours of free parking.

We browsed through the shops, making a couple of purchases and then returned to the car and were stunned to find a parking ticket under the wiper.

I immediately suspected a [problem] as we'd been nothing like the permitted three hours and the ticket was contained in a little freezer bag, complete with the lines for writing details of the frozen contents! The ticket itself had blue and white checks down each side to make it appear as though it was police issue, but a quick inspection showed it obviously was not. It had in fact been issued on behalf of Euro Car Parks of 30 Dorset Square, London NW1 6QJ and although it claimed an excessive stay, in fact showed only a two hour period of parking.

Since the attendant was still around (and still happily issuing tickets as fast as he could!) I approached him and asked him to clarify the times shown on the ticket. He confirmed it showed two hours. I then asked him to confirm that it showed 3 hours free parking on the large sign we were standing next to. He replied "Ahhh yes, but that doesn't apply today - today it's only 90 minutes" and pointed out a small, very amateur looking, free standing sandwich-board type sign which had been placed on the pavement outside one of the shops which said only 90 minutes parking permitted today due to Gloucester Rugby Club playing a home game!

The sign was of the type shops regularly place outside their premises to advertise discounts and special offers. My wife swears it wasn't there when we entered and parked, but I couldn't be absolutely sure as unless it was specially pointed out to you, you'd have absolutely no chance of spotting it.

I phoned one of the shops we'd visited (the one outside which the small freestanding sign had been placed) and the manager said they'd had no notification at all about the change in parking rules and if they had done so, might have broadcast warnings on their tannoy system. I've also complained to the Gloucestershire police and the local Trading Standards Authority, since this has all the classic hallmarks of a [problem] which could net these sharks several thousands of pounds for very little work. I've checked out the company on the internet though and also read some of the threads here and they do seem to be a genuine company.

I'd be most grateful for any advice other posters could give me to fight this most unfair fine. There's an address for appeals on the ticket, but it specifies that an SAE must be enclosed and I don't feel I should go to even that expense for shameless bandits like these.

Antonio

You're quite right that it's a [problem]. It would be a [problem] even if it clearly said 2 hours and you were 'fined' for overstaying.

Euro Car Parks are well known. Unfortunately Trading Standards are clueless and the DVLA is more than happy to make £2.50 from selling any car owner's address to any Tom, Dick or Harry.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore their letters

• they will give up and go away after a few

• they will not take you to court (although it would be good if they did, for the slating they'd get)

Pretty much any company can give you a fake parking ticket and cash in on it, thanks to the government and the DVLA. It's a national scandal.

Thanks for the advice everyone and having read a few more of the threads on here, I'm feeling a lot happier about this.

It's a company car though (registered to the company), so it'll mean a little embarrasment with the boss.

What a pain these people are!

Thanks again.

Antonio

They would if they could take you to court say there are signs all over the car park showing the contract you parked under eg 3 hours.

But seen as though this is an unenforcable invoice from a set of chancers.

It is not a fine, only courts can fine, it is what it is, junk mail.

Square it up with your boss, and ignore said letter when they start falling on yer door mat.

That is where you weakest link will be.( The Boss.)

Stick the ticket on the bonfire my friend - they're just clowns clowning around I'm affraid!

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

Euro Craparks?

You should get one or two letters from them, then two from "Control Account" [i think that's how they spell "Control"] - then they usually F off!

Takes about three months.

Ignore the B'stards - I do!

Sam the Eagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

am glad i read this my son recieved a letter off these people for £75 said we had to appeal in writing i did write a letter saying we had no intention of paying as we were visiting homebase at the time and its free parking

Good on you. Thier 'appeals' process-as you are probably aware- is done in house. Have a guess what the verdict will be.......