• Tweets

• Thank you very much for your response.   The first treadmill was delivered by courier arranged by Sweatband. The first one was picked up and the replacement delivered by a company called Panther instructed by the manufacturer Icon. Both were delivered into our garage.    Both treadmills were installed by us. 
    • Yep, they have my current address   Thank you both !                    
    • Hi all,   I received the attached letter after almost a year or so without any communication. Very similar to previous correspondence received that was advised to ignore. I have missed the 'deadline' they mentioned but wanted to see if there was anything I needed to do or just continue to ignore.   Thanks in advance, RJ BWLegal.docx
    • They are certainly crafty sending a letter out knowing time would waste away being christmas period.   Im strugglign t fill out the q&A as it was so long ago when they started sending me this rubbish, im not even sur ei have copies of their documents  - once they went to the debt collection route i knew all hope was lost for them.   I have 3 days to respond, but ill see what i can find , they also dated the letter 16th of December which is wrong, it didnt arrive until the 24th.   from the letter before claim sticky:   For Private Parking Speculative Invoices (PCN's) if you get a letter of claim or a letter before action   please don't use the PAPLOC details here ...neither the reply pack refer/ask to your thread for a suitable letter.   So i guess im going bespoke?       1 Date of the infringement 23rd Nov 2019   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Dont have it but it was within 14 days   3 Date received within 14 days   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Unsure, dont have the original.   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes picture of the front of my car   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes, via their website, but not saying i was the driver, just that the car was there.   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Yes, they decline my appeal. I have appealed to Popla, they also declined my appeal.   7 Who is the parking company? Civil Enforcement Limited  also t/as Starpark & Creative Car Park & Parksolve   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Greyfriars carpark MK40 1BY   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Yes BPA      
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

CARCRAFT: Am I too late to do Anything? Missold Useless Warranty

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4395 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi sorry for delay :)

I had both PPI and warranty added, but when the agreement came back from GE Money it was £186, I rang and, as far as I'm aware, cancelled the insurance leaving me with the Warranty to pay.

Had no new agreement paperwork on this.

I have another piece of paper which shows the payments as £128 that includes the trade in of mondeo (as £10!!!) but nothing on the main agreement which I signed,

Thanks post, just sitting tight for advice :) if you want me to put anything else on pb lemme know,

Jen :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trade in as ten quid

this is a smoke screen ive seen before

the trade in/ deposit value must be on the agreement

just waiting for more replies

as you cancelled the warrinty, an adjustment was needed by the finance company

you would have to have signed a modified agreement or the current agreement is still in force

this is starting to smell bad

getting my teeth into it now

jen

i fell ge have messed up big time

they charged you for ppi but its noware on the agreement

thats why they never got you to sign a modified agreement

the trade in issue concearns me also

seems the sales rep was more interested in his commission

this is just the tip of there errors

i feel the only way you are going to get the correct intel is to do a sar on ge, the finance company

have you done that yet

Hi there post,

thanks for getting back to me :)

I haven't done a SAR as yet because I wasn't sure if I could do anything, that is till I found this site :)

I think you're right about the seller just wanting his commisions, i wouldn't mind, but he said he would throw in 1year free road assistance (break down cover) but, as you can probably guess, that never materialized!!

Hi,

Gonna do a SAR on GE Money, before I do,

* would I word it along the same lines as when I sent my SAR to my bank?

* Also, how much do I have to send, and, finally,

* is there a specific address to send to?

Many thanks,