CARCRAFT: Am I too late to do Anything? Missold Useless Warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

popping out for a bit, back later, brother broken down

as you are not in default with the finance company,

you have some seriouse horse trading to do to get you the best deal

once the finance company realise the error of there ways

still trying to work out where the 185 quid monthly payments are from

I was told by GE MOney one was insurance and one was the warranty yet none of this was pointed out upon the forms before I signed.

I was lead to believe the price was £128 pound per mth by CC sales guy + that amount covered evrything but the kitchen sink! - The Provisional order form with that on is basically what was pointed out to me, not the figures in the paperwork that I uploaded. Should I upload that too?

Jen :)

Hi jen,

Have noticed your post, it appears that we are in the same "boat" as you right now. We were told we had to have PPI and warranty to purchase the car, we waited over 8 hours for the paperwork etc to be dealt with, and found out the original price of the car was upped by payments of £850 for warranty and PPi (at £42 per month) which was included in the overall sale of the car, taking into consideration the loan with CC and subsequesnly TFC has been in default now, i still pay £42 per month PPI and only pay off £52 per month on the car!

The car broke down soon after i purchased the car (within 6 months of a standard warranty of 3 months from CC and subsequently 24 months with NCA) I called CC and becuase the AA took it to one of their repairers the warranty is void? Of which i presume i am still paying for as it was included in the sale of the car.

I wish you better luck than what we are experiencing with CC and more so TFC

Hi Little Evo,

Thanks for replying :)

It seems from both my experience and other caggers who've posted on the site that CC do this sort of thing regularly. Really sorry to hear about your experience and truly hope you get somewhere. Surely what they are doing is wrong and against the law?!!

Can I ask, why did they say the warranty is void? Surely AA are 'the best' with regards to fixing?? Was it because whoever AA took it to weren't on TFC's list of approved repairers? I tell you what, we should all continue to stand up against this blatant misselling of insurances etc etc

Best of luck, keep me posted on how you get on with CC :)

Hi jen.

Well it seems that only "certain" things are covered by the warranty, and seeing as they did not authorise the repair of the car. (although basically to put it bluntly, the car blew up!!) They informed me that becuase the AA took it to Nationwide and not one of their repairers it was void? But who knew this at the time?

OMG!! that is sooo wrong and really really bad - hope you were all right when this happened to car?

Hmmm, surely there has to be something you can do though because the car by the sounds of things was dangerous and could have caused a really serious event - plus add to that the shock and stress which you endured during the car 'blowing up' per se.

Have you been to citizens advice about this? Their involvement may add some hefty weight to your case

Well this all happened in Nov 05, after only fine tooth combing everything we have ever had with CC & TFC we are finding out all the problems with the initial agreement, such as PPI warranty GAP insurance (Which i asked for and didn't get), the cost of repait to the car was in excess of £1400 surely the warranty would have covered this or the £842 i am paying which is inclusive of the original agreement?

I would have thought the warranty would pay too hun, but CC told me I wasn't covered as did TFC :( From what I have learnt so far from other caggers, you can claim back PPI going back 6 years. Anything before that is done under different regulations but again, from what I can ascertain, if the PPI was missold peeps can still claim it back, just the procedure is different.

As you bought in 2005 you're well within the 6year timescale to claim it back, I am going to try claim back all that I've paid so far upon this warranty/insurance which to be honest, isn't worth a sausage by the sound of things!!

Seriously, I would get the CAB involved, dunno who else apart from the likes of a solicitor or that at this point

Hi, just wanted to say as well Post before I get off,

Since speaking to GE Money and having the amount reduced to £158, they did not send ANY other paperwork - just a letter saying 'you've cancelled your insurance bla bla please keep this letter for future reference bla bla'

I didn't sign any other paperwork or received anything else highlighting to me the new amounts and thus the current amounts of interest etc being charged. Dunno if this is useful to my case, but could be relevant so just figured I'd let u know :)

Right, am off to my bed, see y'all tomoro and thanks again for evryones input and help so far - not gonna let CC or TFC off the hook over this :)

Have been on the phone to HSBC with regards to the RTA i was involved in with said car from TFC. Now they informed me it is "borderline total damage", meaning i guess they are 50/50 in writing this car off.

Now i have an outstanding balance of about £10k on the car, i requested a settlement figure back in the autumn they quoted £6k. Now if they do decide to write the car off and pay me say £3k for it, could i not then claim back all the PPI (£42 per month since May 05) and £850 i paid for a non existent warranty, and effectively pay the car off on the settlement figure?

Any thoughts???

Hi Little Evo,

I'm in same position with regard to paperwork - when I rang GE Money and queried the £186 payment they brought it down but, as seems to be case with you, they never sent any other paperwork outlining the new figures. These figures I assume would be a revised total amount inc interest etc etc.

Not 100% sure where we would go with regards to this at the mo, can any other caggers advise please? Should we do similar procedure as a SAR regarding paperwork?

Are HSBC your insurers of the said car? I would check and see what the insurance states it would pay off - I think this would also depend upon the type of insurance. But if you're fully comp and you insured car for full value then I think they should cough up!! I would ask them to put it in writing and explain what they mean by 'borderline total damage' because to me, it sounds wiffly waffly!

Getting to the PPI, was it explained to you what it would cover etc? I would look into claiming that back as being missold, maybe you get more back inclusive of interest??

Best regards,

Hi Jen,

Sorry to be taking up your posts with my replies!!

But i have been scouring all the paperwork i have ever had from CC and TFC, and noticed that on my sales invoice i was charged £850 for a warranty (for 2 years), but when i called them up today (CC), i was told i had a free 2 year warranty and our invoices numbers were different and theirs did not show where i had the warranty inclusive of sale (which i can gather, i needed this for to take out the purchase of the loan)...fishy? I'd say!

Very fishy I would say little Evo

Ask them to send what they have through the post, in fact, write them a letter asking them to firstly confirm the invoice numbers, ANd why, if you had a 2yr FREE warranty, why you where charged £850 for a 2year warranty?!!!

hi loopylou having some thing checked out

you know i mentioned about your signature

one to accept the agreement and there should be a second for the ppi

looking at the agreement sig part, the second signature box is for you to confirm acceptance of any warrinty.

thats fine, but included it that should be acceptance of all insurancies.

there is none, only warrinty, not ppi

having this checked out but it seems on paper that you have been charged ppi and not accepted them

might be a nice bit of cash comming your way on this

the whole agreement could be called into question

not get your hopes up till confirmation as a bit unsure at this moment

wait for more replies

reading your thread again

think ive hit the jackpot

you traded inyour mondeo

why is this not listed on the agreement as trade in

or

why is the money from the trade in not listed on the agreement as a deposit

any body care to comment on this