• Tweets

• Barclays 83.28 N 1.00 PRA Group 837.93 N 3.04 Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 746.61 N 2.73 Robinson Way & Company Limited 660.82 N 2.42 Lowell Financial 12,235.40 N 44.17 1st Credit Ltd 7,554.04 N 27.27 Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 287.10 N 1.05 Cabot Financial Ltd 855.83 N 3.14 Cabot Financial Ltd 200.48 N 1.00 Cabot Financial Ltd 608.08 N 2.23 Cabot Financial Ltd 609.30 N 2.23 Robinson Way & Company Limited 66.77 N 1.00 NCO Europe LTD 883.67 N 3.23 Capital One Bank 582.80 N 2.12 Wescot Credit Services Ltd 9,251.99 N 33.74 Cabot Financial Ltd 6,765.31 N 24.80 Lowell Financial 323.92 N 1.17 Idem Servicing 170.69 N 1.00 Idem Servicing 122.30 N 1.00 Cabot Financial Ltd 626.10 N 2.29 Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 248.08 N 1.00 Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 86.58 N 1.00 Anglian Water 670.43 N 2.42 Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd 125.76 N 1.00 Lendable 10,000.00 N 0.00 Vanquis Bank Ltd 4,000.00 N 0.00 Vanquis Bank Ltd 4,000.00 N 0.00   sorry its all condensed,  thats how is on the paper, , far as know that is it apart from his car, he is currently in a hotel as needs find somewhere to live    
    • I suggest that you write to the breeder immediately with a copy to the court and concede the cost of the puppy and also concede the excess costs for bringing that element of the claim. you will simply be conceding two points which frankly I don't think you can possibly win and it means that you're left with claims which are entirely winnable. Moreover the gesture of having written to the breeder making these concessions will show that you have tried hard to avoid litigation  and trouble and inconvenience to the court. even if the breeder refuses it, it will go to your credit that you have done this.    
    • Thank you. At this point I'm not sure how right or wrong I am.    But based on our conversation this evening I have gone back to the breeder via message and pointed out to them that I offer them one final chance to settle at 900 pounds.    They informed me their vets only said this treatment would cost 500. The same vets who don't notice a puppy who cant open his eyes.    And they are willing to settle at 500 as a gesture of good will. Ha! And this is why they wanted to mediate  to put this offer over. I advised that we wouldn't take less than 900 as a settlement. They arent interested.   I had to be quick as the money we used is our savings for some private health treatment we need to back in our banks by next month so really left me no choice but to bite the bullet and try and get this solved sooner rather than later     I appreciate your advice and hope the courts understand the full picture. 
    • Sorry for the additional post, I couldn't edit.   In Nolans letter uploaded in post #48, is that sufficient NOA? or does it have to be provided by the OC or Cabot?
    • After a brief consultation, the Financial Conduct Authority has now confirmed the tailored support measures for overdraft and consumer credit users affected by Covid-19. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Ahmed Alwaheeb's firms sold cars riddled with faults – and which sometimes had government recall notices. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427369-ahmed-alwaheebs-firms-sold-cars-riddled-with-faults-%E2%80%93-and-which-sometimes-had-government-recall-notices/&do=findComment&comment=5071860
      • 3 replies
    • @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 8 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4289 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I am experiencing some problems with my previous landlord. I've recently moved out of the property I was renting and as such got out my contract, only to find that I had no address on it for the landlord in order for me to advise in writing, as such I tried to call his mobile phone and sent him text messages requesting he contact me so I can send my notice. I quite literally could not get in contact with him for weeks, then he called to tell me I had to stay another month even though I couldn't contact him for the previous weeks, even though time was an issue for me with moving out.

Moreover, the landlord is now explaining to me that he is withholding £300 of my deposit (I paid £600) due to the fact I had to move out earlier than the month he had stipulated. I have since recorded my phone calls with him to discuss the deposit, he assures me he has placed the money in a TDS but he will not divulge the details of where my deposit is protected. He has also admitted to not sending the details to me within 14 days of the tenancy.

I am seeking some advice because the LL assures me that if I take him to court he will win as he hasn't received the full month notice from me but I've been advised that due to the address not being on the tenancy agreement, the one month notice doesn't apply as the agreement is void. Secondly, am I correct that he has broken the law regarding the TDS and as such is liable to pay up to 3 times the deposit amount?

What should my next steps be if I am within my rights to take him to court. Thank you.

It is unfortunate that you were not previously aware that without the address of your landlord you are entitled to withhold rent (the rent is still due, but you can legitimately keep it till the landlord tells you his address).

Can you get the £300 out of him first? (Do *not* accept it if he insists on it being in full and final settlement).

You should check with all three schemes. If you are not protected, threaten him with a claim.

Do you now have his address to issue a claim to though?

Unfortunately, unless you have an address for service for the landlord you are in a fairly weak position.

In order to make an claim in the county court you will need to prove service (this does not mean prove he received it). There are various methods of service, but the most relevant for you would be personally, at an address for service or his last known or usual address.

An an ex-tenant you now have no legal right to require your former landlord to disclose his address. Under deposit protection there has also been a case where it failed as the housing act mentions "tenant" and the tenant sued for his 3x deposit when he was no longer a tenant.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

Hi,

In order to get your landlords home address you can do a land registry online check it costs £3 and you get the registered owners address instantly. It is worth a shot, unfortunately I cant comment on the previous case as I have not heard of it.

Derek