References to CAG from DCA's

mr.ton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It just proves how stupid these DCAs are when they come out with comments like those quoted in the above comments. Particularly when they even put it into a legal application.

Are they of the opinion that a court is as daft as they are? Or are they just as contemptuous towards the legal system as they are to the people they lie to, cheat and deceive in the hope of extorting money from?

Tha would be a worrying attitude except for the fact that the Judge had the good sense to see right through it. The logic of this is: "We are right, the CAG opposes our methods, ergo, the CAG is wrong." This is simplistic and stupid because not for a moment have they stopped to consider the facts.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

This is the Capquest statement I was referring to:

Image0022.jpg

Fortunately the Judge treated it with the contempt it deserved!

Surely most of law is based on case precedent and well rehearsed argument? I find it beyond belief that they should cite the use of CAG threads as part of their legal argument. Why not just say you can't use any legal argument that has already been published?!

What a ridiculous article.

So, if you had consulted a Solicitor and they had given you exactly the same advice,quoting the same legislation, it would not be admissable as you didn't do it yourself?

What are you supposed to do then, write your own laws!

I have noticed this alot with DCA's in general...in that they seem to know what courts will say & do before they even get you in there :rolleyes:

That's probably why they don't bother even turning up the majority of the time. They rely on winning applications by default.

Well, when I went to court to object to my Barclays case being stayed and the sent a barrister against me (gulp), I used the application from here, and the judge said: "oh yes, I have seen a few of those recently"... so what? We didn't make it up as we went along! :lol:

Likewise, when I first went after Natwest and they were being funny about sending me the info (this is a long time ago, when we hadn't got them well trained yet, lol), the snotty guy at the other end of the phone said: "Oh yes, I have read your letter, just one of those templates you downloaded off the Internet", to which I retorted I hadn't copied my letter off anyone. He got even snottier and said: "Oh please, I have seen plenty of those!" to which I sweetly replied: "No, I mean I don't copy the letters. I write them for others to copy." The silence at the other end of the phone remains one of my sweetest moments. :-D

"Oh yes, I have read your letter, just one of those templates you downloaded off the Internet", to which I retorted I hadn't copied my letter off anyone. He got even snottier and said: "Oh please, I have seen plenty of those!" to which I sweetly replied: "No, I mean I don't copy the letters. I write them for others to copy." The silence at the other end of the phone remains one of my sweetest moments. :-D

Brilliant, just brilliant !!:D

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.