Newbie: Appreciate Advice on Lloyds Bank Loans and Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, still nothing back from the SAR yet, however I received a letter on Friday from the Bank! Think it is a standard response letter, has anybody else received similar?

Dear Me

Thankyou for contacting us about your complaint. We are sorry that you feel we've let you down.

We are looking into the issues you have raised and hope to give you a full response within the next 5 days.

You have our assurance that we will do our best to resolve your complaint. If you're not happy with our response for any reason, we have encolsed a copy of our leaflet 'How to voice your concerns' which gives you details about what to do next.

If we are unable to come to an agreement, we will give you the details of the FO service so they can consider your complaint independently.

If you need to get in touch with us in the meantime, please use the address and telephone number at the top of this letter. When calling, please ask for xxxxxxx Customer Service Manager at xxxx.

Once again, thank you for raising this concern with us,

Yours Sincerely xxxxxxx

Received the following letter on Saturday, again, just wondering if this is a standard response and has anyone else received similar?

Dear Me

I am just writing to let you know that we have received your complaint and to say how sorry I am to learn that you're unhappy with us.

In view of the issues you have raised I have passed your complaint to our General Insurance department who will be in touch with you shortly.

Yours sincerely xxxxxx Customer Service Officer

Hello dondon,

apologies to loupylou

for using your thread :)

Did you get your S.A.R stuff? I only received copies of charges. I sent a non compliance and received bank statements. 3 requests for copies of my loans with PPI and they just won't send them!!!

Time for a serious formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office provided the 40 days has passed without response:eek:

Check out my thread there is a template on there for a serious formal complaint to the ICO and all other life forms in the universe:D

aa

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

GRRRRRR!!! I am starting to fume over Lloyds now!!!!

Still no sign of SAR stuff... clock is ticking so they better get the info I asked for to me soon or it'll be a complaint over that!!!

Whats got me really wound up is I received the following today.....

Dear Sir/Madam,

We understand you are raising concerns on behalf of your client in relation to the sale of your clients Loan Protection Insurance.

Unfortunately, we are not able to investigate the complaint you have raised. This is because:-

- There is no insurance in place as you have not taken the optional loan protection on your personal loan or

- You have not provided a recognised policy or loan account number and having checked our records I am unable to trace any agreements or accounts for your customer from the information you have provided.

As there is insufficient detail for us to record your concerns I have returned ALL PAPERWORK. If you have any additional information to support your concerns could you please return all paperwork for us to reconsider your concerns as we do not keep copies.

I hope this fully explains our position but if you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me on xxxxxxxx

Ok, so, thats the letter I got along with paperwork which the person who sent my complaint on to wherever. O closer inspection of the said paperwork, it appears the very kind person passing the buck neglected to include the policy number for one of my loans AND my credit card!!! (It seems I took LPI out upon only one of the loans - that is the loan account number the very kind person decided to include!!!) Aaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!

Well, I rang up explained, and the guy was very helpful, saw that I do indeed have the insurance upon the loan and said I had to send all the paperwork (copies mind) back in to them with a cover letter!!!!

Are these people silly or what??!!!!! The initial letter had both Loan account numbers, I said it was two and the CC account number!!!

Grrrrrrr, anybody else had this? Gonna write the letter today but would welcome any comments :)

Jen :)

Hi

Could be a fob off but above is more likely standard Lloyds incompetance

SAR was within 40 days - initially I got a letter asking me to give a signature after about 15 days which I did after a couple of weeks as I figure Lloyds should have several copies of my signature anyway and the stuff was returned almost by return after I sent that in

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Hi Red,

Yep, I figured it was their incompetence - I called them some very unprintable words I can tell you when I read the letter!! Sending a letter back first thing in morning (recorded delivery!) with copies of what they've sent/what I've sent etc - maybe I should colour code everything so they can differentiate between loan 1, loan 2 and credit card?!! Then again, they may turn round sayin black is red and red is flippin sky blue pink!!! grrrrr!!!

Ah right, I got 20+ days yet then for the SAR stuff to come - cheers for that :)

Jen :)

• 1 month later...

Hi All, sorry for not updating but have had exams!! Anyhoo, the state of play is as follows:-

I sent of my SAR in January and have only received a statement of charges upon my credit card for the year 2007-2008!! Plus just statements for around 8months worth during that timescale for my credit card - thats it!! Thats all I've received regarding my SAR!!!

I did request they send EVERYTHING!! That was, everything regarding the 2 loans and the credit card!! Advice would be very much appreciated....

As for how the PPI retrieval upon the credit card/Loan is going, I received a letter, well, 2 in fact, following my previous correspondence saying they were looking into it, it may take time bla bla and I will hear from them again within 4 weeks time!!! GRRRRR, will it be a letter before action if I have no response from them within the 4 weeks they have allowed themselves?

Jen

Can't believe that's all they have! I'd report them to the ICO, if I were you. They have not complied. Might be worth reading up on the money laundering act - it obliges them to keep all documents for 6 years after the account has been closed, I believe, and boy are they in trouble if they don't!

Hi Underdog,

Yea, I think they have definitely messed up big time! Thing is, the accounts are still running so really they have no excuse - I used one of the templates suplied here and amended/added were needed.

Out of interest, where would I find the address for the ICO? I'm not too well up on all this legal stuff, but boy, am I learning!!!

Jen

Hi,

You'll find details here..........

https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Well I am fuming as ever!!! Just this minute received another letter dated 25th February stating they have not been able to resolve the complaint bla bla, its taken more time to gather info and they will respond again within 4 weeks!! Surely they are not complying with the law here?!! I mean, the complaint went in in the first week of January!!! This is at least the 3rd or 4th letter I have had regarding them needing 4 weeks.....

Feels like a fob off, then again, could it be that the longer it takes the more likely I am to get my cash back? Would really appreciate any input about this :)

Jen x

Those letter go out automatically I have had one of those followed by a full and final the next day so try not to get wound up by those ones - the full and final will probably give you plenty of reason for that :rolleyes:

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Yea I know I shouldn't let it get to me, its just frustrating!! I dunno if the longer this go's on the better it is for me or worse to be honest!! May be time for me to do that LBA soon me thinks!lol Do you reckon it would be worthwhile writing another letter or to leave it a bit longer?

Jen x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Bit of GOOD NEWS to finally report!!

Received a letter this morning from the bank saying they are upholding my claim of missold PPI and WILL REFUND the amount already paid including interest!!! I requested that it would be used to make payment upon the loan so thats ok :)

Not got a final figure yet as they have to work out the interest yada yada! But its a RESULT!!!

Credit card have fobbed me off, so, I intend going to the FO about that one!!! (Still no compliance with SAR form, so this is just the first round to me!! Another 2 to go!!)

Jen x

Hello Jen,

Hi Guys,

Bit of GOOD NEWS to finally report!!

Received a letter this morning from the bank saying they are upholding my claim of missold PPI and WILL REFUND the amount already paid including interest!!! I requested that it would be used to make payment upon the loan so thats ok :-)

Not got a final figure yet as they have to work out the interest yada yada! But its a RESULT!!!

Credit card have fobbed me off, so, I intend going to the FO about that one!!! (Still no compliance with Subject Access Request form, so this is just the first round to me!! Another 2 to go!!)

Jen x

Nice:grin:1 out of 3 is a good start.

please post in PPI successes when the rest come in, or in fact now. The more folks see successes the better the motivation to drive them on to the same sort of result.:grin:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.